What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Can you elaborate on some of the great contribution our IIT graduated Kapil sibal has done to indian educational system ?

Here is the thing, when you appoint a CEO of a company would you select an MBA from a top university or someone without educational qualification? Now it is not guaranteed that the top MBA would always be the best CEO, in fact the guy without qualification might end up doing a better job but when you talk about realistic chances that's highly unlikely. High educational qualification is not a requirement to be the HRD minister as long as the minimum qualification to be an MP is met, however in that case the person should be reasonably experienced. Smriti Irani has neither education nor experience and that is showing. OTOH experienced ministers like Sushma Swaraj are doing a good job, she would have been good for HRD too. If you must give her a ministry then give her some low profile ministry. You don't give one of the most important portfolios too a noob. As for Kapil Sibal, he might not have done anything extraordinary but he was not a destructive influence like Arjun Singh (with his OBC quote disaster) or Smriti Irani.

Did you even read the article I quoted and realize how clueless Smriti Irani is? Forget the funding statement, look at this- "The myth that Indian institutes do not measure up needs to be broken. The world rankings only take into account research in English and not in Indian languages." like WTF!

Last edited:
Here is the thing, when you appoint a CEO of a company would you select an MBA from a top university or someone without educational qualification? Now it is not guaranteed that the top MBA would always be the best CEO, in fact the guy without qualification might end up doing a better job but when you talk about realistic chances that's highly unlikely. High educational qualification is not a requirement to be the HRD minister as long as the minimum qualification to be an MP is met, however in that case the person should be reasonably experienced. Smriti Irani has neither and that is showing. OTOH experienced ministers like Sushma Swaraj are doing a good job, she would have been good for HRD too. As for Kapil Sibal, he might not have done anything extraordinary but he was not a destructive influence like Arjun Singh (with his OBC quote disaster) or Smriti Irani.

Did you even read the article I quoted and realize how clueless Smriti Irani is? Forget the funding statement, look at this- "The myth that Indian institutes do not measure up needs to be broken. The world rankings only take into account research in English and not in Indian languages." like WTF!

I will not comment on whether a person with more Education can handle the HRD department better, but I agree Irani has not been a success.No major reforms in Lower, Middle or Higher education & not much focus on R&D. We need Gadkiris for every Union ministry

I will not comment on whether a person with more Education can handle the HRD department better, but I agree Irani has not been a success.No major reforms in Lower, Middle or Higher education & not much focus on R&D. We need Gadkiris for every Union ministry

IMO at least one of experience or qualification is needed. The problem is that she is not even experienced. Is Sushma Swaraj educated in international relations? No, but she has enough experience and no one can complain that she isn't doing a good job (except that minor Lalit Modi controversy). Giving such an important ministry to a newbie is a huge mistake IMO. From her statements it is clear that she has no idea about higher education.

That's not on...Bring SC under Delhi govt's jurisdiction! How dare they speak to an AAPian in that tone of voice?:angry:
My village is one of the beneficiariees. Saw new poles erecting while i visited UP last to last week. A new power grid is also being installed 2 kms away from my place.
Previous one is like 10 kms away and really hard to cordinate with in case of power cuts.
Though being Akhislesh yadav's constituency, things are not so difficult for us.

@Sky lord what wss it bro ?
Come on n say it :P

Crossposting
Look at the video from Zee news. The same video was played by Zee news with two different sound tracks. First they tried to villainize JNU by playing "Pakistan Zindabad" on Feb 10. They probably did not expect that people would spot ABVP members in that crowd. Now they had to defend ABVP, so they played the same video with "Bharatiya courts zindabad" on Feb 14. Talk about yellow journalism. :lol: Luckily one honest reporter got fed up with their BS and resigned and it came out. With so many doctored videos and corresponding out of court trials by media, govt and their goons, it is hard to tell what actually happened who actually said what! Let's wait for the court to make a decision. @Levina

Crossposting
Look at the video from Zee news. The same video was played by Zee news with two different sound tracks. First they tried to villainize JNU by playing "Pakistan Zindabad" on Feb 10. They probably did not expect that people would spot ABVP members in that crowd. Now they had to defend ABVP, so they played the same video with "Bharaiya courts zindabad" on Feb 14. Talk about yellow journalism. :lol: Luckily one honest reporter got fed up with their BS and resigned and it came out. With so many doctored videos and corresponding out of court trials by media, govt and their goons, it is hard to tell what actually happened who actually said what! Let's wait for the court to make a decision. @Levina

Why not just leave it to the courts? The media can't decide (I hope) . If we go by FOX news in the US, poor Obama would be in prison for having the audacity to run the country while being black ! And Hilary Clinton would long ago have been hung by her balls ( she has them).

Presumably the courts will look at evidence or lack thereof, as the case may be.

@Pumba - bro I was just wondering with jaunty here, how in earth this woman Irani got such an important ministry, what is her hook? And how come she stays on, despite being unpopular even with other ministers and her own staff? Inside scoop?

Why not just leave it to the courts? The media can't decide (I hope) . If we go by FOX news in the US, poor Obama would be in prison for having the audacity to run the country while being black ! And Hilary Clinton would long ago have been hung by her balls ( she has them).

Presumably the courts will look at evidence or lack thereof, as the case may be.

@Pumba - bro I was just wondering with jaunty here, how in earth this woman Irani got such an important ministry, what is her hook? And how come she stays on, despite being unpopular even with other ministers and her own staff? Inside scoop?
I have to go bro.
Will answer u later :)

Hail Modi

Btw heard she's UP cm candidate

That is precisely what I said, that's how it should have been from the beginning. If they broke any existing law, by all means punish them following proper procedure. But the media trial was sickening and most allegations turned out to be false. Not only that, the union home minister of the country came out and linked them to Hafiz Saeed, which was also baseless as IB later clarified. Such unprofessional behavior from somebody who is essentially next to PM in rank is inexcusable IMO. He basically turned a bunch of university students into terrorists. How would you trust him in the future? Look at this picture, someone shared this on reddit, most of these are without any proof. This is as good as destroying someone's life.

duSTrmw.jpg

& I AM BACK !!

I Hope somebody missed me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sky lord @jaunty As far as I know, Modi believes she has potential.

If u ask me, she has it. She can be a good neta & administrator in the future. But she is far from one now.
She is in the wrong ministry. HRD is too tough for a first time minster!! Add to that she doesn't seem to know what to do.

Add to that she is still a young politicians. She doesn't know what to do+too many mines are laying around which she can't handle!

Modi should have made her a MOS/junior minister or given her some minor portfolio.

( I do hope HRD remains alright under her or Modi proves vindicated in his decision)

Hail Modi

Btw heard she's UP cm candidate
Not yet, there are many people in competition.

By the way check this out. :) @Echo_419

Do read the entire article.
Andhra Pradesh saves 421 million unit power using LED bulbs: Survey - The Economic Times

AP govt. is distributing subsidized LED bulbs to ensure every household in the state has them. This is eco-friendly+will save the amount of power which is used & will

LED bulbs help AP households save ₹250-550 annually: survey | Business Line

Seriously? Why? What is her hook?
I'll tell u later, when I get proper detail on who the other CM candidates her. She can be a good CM candidate for UP u know

& I AM BACK !!

I Hope somebody missed me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sky lord @jaunty As far as I know, Modi believes she has potential.

If u ask me, she has it. She can be a good neta & administrator in the future. But she is far from one now.
She is in the wrong ministry. HRD is too tough for a first time minster!! Add to that she doesn't seem to know what to do.

Add to that she is still a young politicians. She doesn't know what to do+too many mines are laying around which she can't handle!

Modi should have made her a MOS/junior minister or given her some minor portfolio.

Not yet, there are many people in competition.

By the way check this out. :) @Echo_419

Do read the entire article.
Andhra Pradesh saves 421 million unit power using LED bulbs: Survey - The Economic Times

AP govt. is distributing subsidized LED bulbs to ensure every household in the state has them. This is eco-friendly+will save the amount of power which is used & will

LED bulbs help AP households save ₹250-550 annually: survey | Business Line

I'll tell u later, when I get proper detail on who the other CM candidates her. She can be a good CM candidate for UP u know

I like CBN, he is a worthy successor to Modi.

IMO at least one of experience or qualification is needed. The problem is that she is not even experienced. Is Sushma Swaraj educated in international relations? No, but she has enough experience and no one can complain that she isn't doing a good job (except that minor Lalit Modi controversy). Giving such an important ministry to a newbie is a huge mistake IMO. From her statements it is clear that she has no idea about higher education.

I would have argued with you, but I clearly know that Tulsi..Er..Smriti Irani lead HRD is complete disaster
@Darmashkian your thoughts?

Crossposting
Look at the video from Zee news. The same video was played by Zee news with two different sound tracks. First they tried to villainize JNU by playing "Pakistan Zindabad" on Feb 10. They probably did not expect that people would spot ABVP members in that crowd. Now they had to defend ABVP, so they played the same video with "Bharatiya courts zindabad" on Feb 14. Talk about yellow journalism. :lol: Luckily one honest reporter got fed up with their BS and resigned and it came out. With so many doctored videos and corresponding out of court trials by media, govt and their goons, it is hard to tell what actually happened who actually said what! Let's wait for the court to make a decision. @Levina

That Zee TV video is doctored. This is not !

ABVP members shouted pro-Pakistan slogans, alleges video gone viral | Zee News

Back
Top Bottom