What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

12650869_1967128746846117_628200310103214323_n.jpg

UP: 8-year-old killed in celebratory firing by SP workers, three detained | The Indian Express

An eight-year-old boy was killed in a celebratory firing by Samajwadi Party workers at Kairana town in Shamli district, triggering protests by locals. The victim, Sami, who was passing by Kairana area in a rickshaw, was hit during the firing by SP workers yesterday, Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar Jha said. The workers were celebrating the victory of party candidate Nafisa in the local body polls from the town, he said, adding the boy later succumbed to his injuries.

:mad::o:

"The very purpose of providing a bullet-proof vehicle to the Prime Minister is defeated if he stays in full public view for a long time. Threat perceptions to Modi multiplied ever since he became the Prime Minister. Recently, Goa Police received a letter, threatening to harm Modi," said retired DGP S N Tewari.

"It is quite uncommon on part of a Prime Minister to throw caution to wind. He should have cooperated with the SPG and police."

SPG guards on toes as Modi hangs on to his vehicle to wave at crowd - Times of India

As Special Protection Group (SPG) personnel — who take care of Modi’s security — had advised him not to break the security barrier, so Modi did not get down from his bullet proof car, but instead waved his hand in the most surprising way his supporters can expect

Narendra Modi woos supporters in Odisha, waves them standing on car's side foot step (Video) | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com

Modi was still quite far away from the crowd:

modi-puri-story-fb_647_020716030705.jpg

Modi-Car-Odisha.jpg

Still a very ill-advised move IMHO. Doing it on occasion is just about acceptable but he did it 3 times (at least) over the weekend:

tumblr_o28rqce0My1tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_o28rqce0My1tjfjuco2_1280.png

tumblr_o28rqce0My1tjfjuco3_1280.png

tumblr_o28rqce0My1tjfjuco4_1280.png

He is becoming VERY easy to predict and the enemy is paying close attention that is for sure.

+ also for some reason, outside of the NCR Modi insists on riding in the front seat when in SUVs and the SPG can't seem to stop him (in the NCR they don't allow him to).

@ranjeet @PARIKRAMA @Levina @Parul @anant_s @magic-007 @Star Wars @Echo_419 @Koovie @JanjaWeed @MilSpec @nair @mkb95 @Unknowncommando @Ankit Kumar @hinduguy @danish_vij @knight11 @arp2041 @Guynextdoor2 @AUSTERLITZ @ayesha.a @kbd-raaf @Roybot @IndoUS @Omega007

IMHO, he doesn't have the right to risk his life like this, not with the postion he holds.

Last edited:
If I am a sniper I would look to take the best position based on clear shot, less obstructions, near by light sources blinding my sight, background changes, wind direction, my proximity to an exit, etc

Thus, if you co sider from that aspect every frame PM NaMo will have at best single position for a shot or at best two.. Thus those points would be covered surely...

Now the issue is more of close proximity crowd using a small arm which has limited range n impact. Of course it can be fatal and thus the security ppl checking the crowd for entry is vital.

I actually feel the threat is lot more such small arms as the police folks doing crowd management as well as checking can have lapses.

Sniping is difficult owing to those best positions being covered by our own people.

If you consider a more credible threat then it can be a MBT LAW with LOS mode and costs just about 25-30k USD.. I find that far more threatening as such a firing from 500-600m max can do far heavier damage..

This threat level is far higher anyways.. Upto security people and police to see nothing happens to our PM

I actually feel the threat is lot more such small arms as the police folks doing crowd management as well as checking can have lapses.
The threat profile can be split into two parts:
1) Crowds found during closed events
2) Crowds lining roads along the route of the motorcade

The latter are obviously more of a threat as crowds coming to an offical even will have gone through 2-3 layers of security checks before getting to the arena. There is no way at all to check everyone lining the route of a the motorcade, the only way to mitigate against the threats are to have mulitple routes and chose one at the last minuet and to make sure the movements are kept under wraps so pre-planning cannot occur.

The biggest thing working in Modi's favour here is that small arms are incredibly hard to come by in India and are almost non-existent per capita.

Aside from the risk of small arms I think there is also a significant risk from suicide bombers/IEDs/Grenades. Remember how Rajiv Gandhi was taken out- the one and only instance of suicide bombing on Indian soil. Also remember how Mrs Bhutto was killed in Pakistan, what Modi keeps doing is not at all dissimilar to what she was doing in the moments leading up to her death :tsk:

If I am a sniper I would look to take the best position based on clear shot, less obstructions, near by light sources blinding my sight, background changes, wind direction, my proximity to an exit, etc
The threat from snipers is minimal in closed events as there are counter sniper teams in place and the area is sanitised, the threat is also relatively minimal when travelling in the motorcade, even if the PM chooses to step out for a moment. At least that is what I had thought. But then I had learnt that Modi was on the footwell of the vehicle and waving to the crowd for 1KM as the convoy crawled along effectively at walking pace.

Again, it is impractical to expect every single vantage point along the route of a motorcade to have been cleared ahead of time (although it is mostly done), the best defense here is traveling at high speed and the protection of your vehicle oh and if you sit in the less exposed position behind the head of the SPG's CPT- Modi systematically eliminated every defensive measure the SPG would hope for.

If you consider a more credible threat then it can be a MBT LAW with LOS mode and costs just about 25-30k USD.. I find that far more threatening as such a firing from 500-600m max can do far heavier damage..
I think the threat from these remains relatively low in India (for obvious reasons) but the best way to mitigate against them is travelling inside your bullet proof vehicle and at high speed (as well as the steps outlined above).

Not only is Modi the most at risk PM India has ever had but he is making the job of protecting him even harder- it is beyond foolish and, again, I don't think he has the right to be doing it again and again.

@Levina @anant_s @mkb95

Last edited:
A POSTER carrying pictures of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, Delhi Chief MinisterArvind Kejriwal and other Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leaders, urging people to celebrate Bhindranwale’s birthday on February 9, has sparked off a controversy here.

While AAP leaders led by state incharge Sanjay Singh and convenor Sucha Singh Chhotepur distanced the party from the posters, stating it was “dirty politics” being played by rival parties, the PunjabCongress was quick to react, accusing AAP of engaging in “disruptive politics”.

aappunjab.jpg

Poster of Bhindranwale with Kejriwal, AAP leaders sparks row | The Indian Express

@ranjeet @Jaat Rock @Abingdonboy :coffee:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom