What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Any updates on Nun murder? you didn't replied back on the relevant thread.
Arrey pareshaan math karo..investigation chal raha hai,kuch din wait karo,phir update karoonga mein...
thankz for your ''crocodile tears''..

In Nitish’s village, they praise his work but fear Lalu will bring a nightmare | The Indian Express
In Nitish’s village, they praise his work but fear Lalu will bring a nightmare
Written by Muzamil Jaleel | Harnaut (nalanda) | September 23, 2015 3:44 am
Comments (0)

Nitish Kumar with Lalu Prasad at an event in Patna Tuesday. (PTI Photo)
THERE’S this small village in Bihar that can be reached through four shiny, paved roads. A large parcel of land at its entrance houses a 20-bed hospital, a double-storey high school and an ITI. There is a shooting range too, and a temple near an artificial pond.

According to its residents, the power supply is mostly uninterrupted and water flows through taps from a high reservoir.

Surrounded by paddy fields, Kalyan Bigha, in Nalanda’s Harnaut, is a model of “good governance”. It is also the village of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.

As the assembly polls approach, a majority of people in the village and the nearby Harnaut market are offended when asked who they support. For them, voting for Nitish is a foregone conclusion. But the few who say they won’t vote for him provide a peep into the harsh reality of Bihar’s electoral politics.

Nitish is praised for building roads, restoring electricity, getting schools in almost every village and restoring law and order. As Rameshwar Choudhary, wearing only a loincloth and sitting on the edge of the road at Harnaut market, said: “Nitish is our saviour.

But it’s clear that the one thing he couldn’t fully build is a bridge over the caste divide, especially among the forward castes. Efforts by Nitish and the JD(U) to connect with Mahadalits don’t appear to have been entirely successful either.

Seated on a gunnysack outside his son’s cycle repair shop, the frail Choudhary is selling toddy from a plastic jug at Rs 5 a glass. He claims he has turned 100 and his family has been selling toddy “for generations”. “Nitish is from here, he has done a lot. He has taken on Narendra Modi, we will vote for him.”

The caste factor is not far away. Sitting nearby, Raj Kumar Das refers to his own caste while stressing that “Nitish is our man”. “The villages around here couldn’t have dreamt of seeing a road. Nitish has done a lot for the Ravidas community,” Das said.

The halwai’s shop is next, where Sahil Sahu is stirring samosas from behind a simmering pan. Sahu says he will vote for Modi. “It is true Nitish gave us the courage to call ourselves Biharis. But he shouldn’t have gone with Lalu Prasad. We cannot afford to bring Lalu back. His 15 years were a nightmare.

Across the road is an open-air market where everything is sold on carts, including one that is watched over by Narinder Sahu. “People gave you victory twice against his jungle raj and you went with him,’’ said Sahu, referring to Nitish’s tie-up with Lalu. “Nitish has done a lot but only because the BJP was his partner. Lalu won’t let him work. We don’t want to go back to a time when we had to close at 6 pm.”

While acknowledging that Nitish brought roads, electricity, schools and hospitals, Sahu says the people want “other things too”. “Modi talks about plans for the youth. He is going to end joblessness. Nitish was making beggars of our children. He started a programme to distribute khichdi at school and now the first thing our child asks before leaving for school is a bowl for khichdi,” said Sahu.

Another grouse of sahu is that “he allowed a liquor vend to come up every 3 km”. But the main reason why his vote will go to Modi is to see the same government in the state and at the Centre. “Modi will send a lot of funds. In the Lok Sabha polls, all cart owners here from our caste held a meeting and decided to vote for Modi,” said Sahu.

For him, the “worst day for Bihar was when Nitish and BJP broke their alliance”. “We cannot understand why he did that. Nitish would have been CM for the next 25 years and done whatever he wanted with the help of Modi,’’ he said.
Rakesh Prasad, who had been listening in, cut in. “Modi only indulges in empty talk. Everything has become costlier,’’ said Prasad, who runs a pan shop, and claims to be from the Barai community, “also called Tamoli’’.

By now, a dozen people have gathered. “Why don’t see how Modi made a name for the country across the world. He even got land for a temple in Arabia (UAE),’’ said Sahu. Prasad explained: “We know. As soon as he became PM, it’s as if he got a cheap travel package. Why doesn’t he focus on home?”

Back in Kalyan Bigha, Jay Prakash Narayan Singh owns a house opposite Nitish’s house, across an artificial pond built for Chhat Puja. Singh is a retired government official based in Patna and keeps returning to the village. Otherwise, he says, his house remains locked like Nitish’s. And like the CM, Singh says, he belongs to the kurmi caste.

I have known Nitish all my life. He is an upright man. A lot of people from our caste are upset because they were expecting government jobs for their children after he became CM. But he doesn’t respond to such requests. He hasn’t accumulated wealth or promoted his family. He only wants development of Bihar,” said Singh. “Other than the forward castes, every one else will vote for the grand alliance of (JD-RJD-Congress).’’

Rajasthan government breaches 50% bar, quota now at 68% - The Times of India

Overcorrection upon RSS remarks by Rajsthan BJP. I hope it gets shot down by courts.

Hail secularism ,Now scrap UCC next implement shariah
Don't they need 2/3rd majority in both RS and LS for doing that ??

Parties those bank on muslim votes need to worry about that. BJP never/doesn't need them, so may they collect 10 crore signature , it doesn't make difference. But it's time BJP delivers on it's promises and brings UCC.Even RSS is mum on this these days.

They don't want to meet Mayawati's fate.

National Rural Health Mission scam: CBI likely to examine ex-UP CM Mayawati soon - The Times of India

These looters of UP always want to be on right side of Center.

Anyway

TH23-SURENDRA-BIHA_2556800f.jpg

Last edited:
@ranjeet
update on nun's murder-Case is almost over,At last the police have identified the murder,His name is ''SATHEESH BABU''a ''darmic' young gentleman from kasargod district of Kerala,He was a serial offender,who use to target Abrahamic convents(must be a nationalist to the hell,sanghi type)..Police have launched search operations for satheesh..
thank you..sorry to burst your crocodile tears..

Narendra Modi admits that the only reason he became PM was to prevent Kejriwal from working | The UnReal Times

Narendra Modi admits that the only reason he became PM was to prevent Kejriwal from working
September 23, 2015 by UnReal Mama in General, Latest

(Image via intoday.in)

In a sensational development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi finally admitted that the only reason he became the Prime Minister was to be in a position where he could prevent Arvind Kejriwal from delivering his duties to the voters of Delhi.

“Enough is enough. I confess!” choked the Prime Minister in a hastily convened mid-week Mann ki baat session. “The only reason I traveled over three lakh kilometers across 25 states, participated in 5827 public interfacing events and cried myself hoarse addressing 437 rallies was to get to a point where I could constantly interfere in Arvind Kejriwal’s affairs directly or indirectly and prevent him from working.”

“It’s something about that guy that gets my goat,” the PM continued. “I knew he’d become the CM one day. Which is why I put in over 10 years of hard work in Gujarat, constructing its roads, setting up drinking water supply in its remotest areas, ensuring 24X7 electricity, luring investors to Gujarat – all so that I can impress the country’s voters, become the PM and meddle in Kejriwal’s day to day work.”

“Everything I have done in my political career so far boils down to this singular objective, whether it be cajoling the RSS, taking on the party seniors, edging past my fellow PM aspirants or countering an aggressive media. Come to think about it, all these years, I was under the mistaken impression that as a young man I became a swayamsevak to do something for the country. I now know better. I decided to serve others because I subconsciously wanted to mess with Kejriwal at some point in the future,” said Modi.

“But my masterplan now lies in tatters. The perceptive guy that he is, Kejriwal has seen right through my game!” the PM bemoaned.

Modi’s confession has come as a shot in the arm for the Aam Aadmi Party, vindicating their repeated claims that he doesn’t let Kejriwal work. However, AAP leaders aren’t really celebrating. “This is a disaster,” exclaimed an AAP leader on condition of anonymity. “Now Arvind can no longer take out full-page ads in newspapers or put up billboards asking Modi to stop interfering. People will expect us to move on, and actually start working now.”

Don't worry you are not..

However have to be careful if AJ decides to save them

Thats what puzzles how did ED open the case in first place when its under AJ !!

@damashkian did you check ibn today not so good news about cbn

Back
Top Bottom