What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Let's hope that some one knocks some sense in her

I hope not tbh, this paranoid mentally unstable moment will only damage her parties prospects in the long run. Besides her inner witch is being exposed and once she comes to her senses she will probably go into hiding and bring Priyanka. Sooner or later even the opposition parties will get fedup and leave her...

Umm she looked good to me , she was there at airport to receive NaMo

I was in chennai yesterday, and saw the posters of Modi on the way back to air port...... He was there for some inauguration i guess........ Good that she was reached air port, Infact Modi was planning see her at her place since she was sick.....

But i heard it is pretty bad, but no one know what it is.......

How BJP’s Amit Shah is trying to win over Tamil Nadu’s caste dynamics | The News Minute
How BJP’s Amit Shah is trying to win over Tamil Nadu’s caste dynamics

Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Tamil Nadu and a scheduled meet with TN Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, BJP President and the PM’s chief political strategist Amit Shah stopped by in Madurai on July 6 to lay the foundation for what looks like the party’s future strategy in the Dravidian state.

According to media reports, Shah attended a meeting organized by the Devendra Thannarva Arrakattalai and the Swadeshi Jagran Manch. The DTA is an organization which seeks to represent the Devendra Kula Vellars, a predominantly agricultural community listed as a Scheduled Caste (SC) in the state. The Swadeshi Jagran Manch is an outfit linked to the RSS, one of its more prominent faces being ideologue and chartered accountant S Gurumurthy based in Chennai, who was also present at the Madurai event.

At the meeting, Shah supported the demand by the several sub-sects seeking to be recognized as Devendra Kula Vellalars. Apart from Shah’s apparent overtures to Dalit communities by ‘appreciating’ them for taking pride and seeking recognition, what has also raised eyebrows is that members of other OBC communities, like Nadars, Thevars, Naickers and Reddiars were also present, and were made to endorse the demand of the various communities. This is being seen as a ‘social engineering’ experiment, one that brings together warring Dalit and OBC groups to create an OBC-Dalit axis.

The strategy, regardless of its success or failure, is aimed at seeking political mileage from one of the biggest failures of the Dravidian edifice – the deep divisions between OBCs and Dalits.

Some believe that by bringing together members of the OBCs and Dalits on the same platform, even if only smaller players of the groups, the message that the BJP is trying to project is one of Hindu unity. This sits well with the BJP’s agenda, keeping in mind their consistent efforts to de-link themselves from a ‘Brahmin-Baniya’ image and tap the Dalit vote-bank. “This is new to TN politics, and what the BJP is trying to do is shed its image as an upper-caste and upper-class party and bring together the intermediate and lower castes,” says R Manivannan, Professor of Political Science at University of Madras, adding that this need not necessarily mean social transformation for the lower castes, and it is just electoral politicking.

More importantly, however, he says that this is not a strategy which could reap immediate political dividends. “This is not in line with the present political formations in Tamil Nadu, so it will not be easy for the BJP to form such alliances when caste identity can be both an immense strength and weakness for parties like PMK,” he says. Not only does this mean that it is difficult to win from such effective political formations, but that it could also politically backfire and lead to counter-formations which are even stronger on caste identity, according to Manivannan.

“It is not a political move,” says H Raja of the TN BJP, “but as a by product if there are political changes in the state, then let it be. Our main goal is to create a tolerant society where there is no caste violence and all castes are considered upper castes rooted in a common culture and heritage, you can call it Hindutva or Indian nationalism or anything else.”

The DMK is expectedly critical and dismissive of this move. “What are they asking? Only a change in name, and that is not going to change anything for anyone,” says DMK spokesperson TKS Elangovan. “Yes, there needs to be some changes and it can happen only through the Dravidian parties. It is our ideology which can help the downtrodden,” he adds. “Just by bringing some people together and promising them something nothing will happen,” he says laughing it off.

Raja, however accuses the Dravidian parties of creating the divide between OBCs and Dalits, and says, “Wherever the RSS has presence, we have seen that the castes come together and work to improve society.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Rajaraja Chola @mooppan @RPK @SarthakGanguly

@Echo_419 @Juggernautjatt enough of this fake bonding drama now please get back to BJP vs AAP which was original our topic in case you've forgotten

:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli:

Chutiya Facist & I am not abusing you its a new type of fascism

She came to receive Modi today but did not attend the function. Its pretty bad from what i heard.
I was in chennai yesterday, and saw the posters of Modi on the way back to air port...... He was there for some inauguration i guess........ Good that she was reached air port, Infact Modi was planning see her at her place since she was sick.....

But i heard it is pretty bad, but no one know what it is.......
Liver cirrhosis ....or so I heard.

Did you say it's a must read???
I'm gonna skip this one.

11219707_950838804975809_4615926378955447440_n.jpg

Showcause notice issued to Aajtak, Abpnews and NDTV for disrespecting judiciary and President of India. !!

@nair @ranjeet @JanjaWeed @levina

Any Indian member able to read URDU, here's a good read on Dr. Kalam by Javed Chauhdry
1102994919-2.gif

Back
Top Bottom