What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Charminar can be razed if it becomes weak: Telangana deputy chief minister - The Times of India

Telangana deputy chief minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali triggered controversy on Saturday by saying that the iconic Charminar here would have to be pulled down one day if it becomes structurally weak.

"When Charminar becomes boseedah (dilapidated), say after 200 years, 400 years, 500 years, it will have to be pulled down. It poses a threat to lives of people if it is left in a dilapidated condition," he said in an interview to a news agency in Warangal district. "

City-based conservation expert Anuradha Naik expressed dismay at the statement. She said, "Our duty is to protect heritage and pass it on to the next generation. It is our responsibility to see to it that the next generation receives it in a better condition. We have no right to demolish something which is not ours. We are only guardians of heritage."

Others like former Heritage Conservation Committee member Sajjad Shahid minced to words in expressing his outrage. "No one should dare talk about demolishing Charminar," he said. He questioned why the Telangana government had made the heritage structure a part of its monogram if it was going to make callous comments with regards to its conservation, "Why have you brought it as a part of the state's monogram? Clearly the deputy chief minister knows very little about such structures. It seems he only understands utility buildings," he added.

Had this statement been made by a Hindu & especially from a BJP guy, our media & LLLs(left liberal lunatics) would blow this statement out of proportion & accuse BJP of being anti-muslim & against buildings of Islamic heritage+give one more reason to prevent parliament from functioning.
@Echo_419 @Nair saab @Star Wars

CLZRZIBUEAE-WdJ.jpg

^^^^^^

-------------------------------

Thank you very much for clearing my doubts Aiya :) , I got a a little confued b/w Iyer & Iyengar which is why I mixed Jayalalitha's caste up. :P

There are many tamils who live in Chittoor & Nellore districts of AP especially near Tirupati, I believe that a good number of them despite being of Tamil origin consider Telugu their mother tongue now.
Not all Iyers/Iyengars in Karnataka identify themselves as Tamils..There are certain sects like Hebbar Iyengars,Sankethi Iyers etc,who identify themselves as Kannadiga first,though they continue to speak Tamil as their mother tongue..
yes,I know..I am living near Hosur,Tamilnadu,where 85% of population are Telegus and they speak 'Hosur mandalikam'(Telegu mixed with Tamil/Kannada)..,but the sad thing is that many of the younger generations are now shifting towards Tamil..

Not a surprise ,X'ians was against this project from the beginning ...Resort lobby and some major port trust are behind them
They have some issues regarding the government's current rehabilitation package,some problems with acquiring land price,jobs etc etc,not against Vizhinjam project..
Kerala coastal areas are overhemly Latin Christians and they have every rights to raise their concern...If those peoples were hindus,they will also do the very same protest like in nandigram..

& Rajdeep's response to that was 'does secularism needs to be redefined then?'

What a plonker...according to this moron secularism is all about wearing skull caps & holding Iftar parties! :woot:

Haha.... Reminds me of only fools and horses

Back
Top Bottom