What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Sachin may not be attending the Rajya Sabha & taking part in the debates & discussions..
But it seems he has done a good job in the Adarsh Gram Yojna :) Something we can't say for many other MPs.

How Sachin transformed an Andhra Pradesh village | Business Line

BL01SACHIN1_2359156g.jpg

Puttamraju Kandriga (AP), March 31:
It took all of four months. Puttamraju Kandriga has gone from being a slummy village to a modern miracle after it was adopted by cricketer-turned-MP Sachin Tendulkar. Concrete roads with tiled pavements, an underground sewage network with a treatment plant, storm-water drains, 24-hour water and power supply, a playground, a community hall…this Andhra Pradesh hamlet about 150 km north of Chennai, with infrastructure that many an Indian city may be proud about, is quite unlike any other in the region or probably even the State.

Says the Master Blaster: “We plan to do much more.”

It was last November that Sachin stepped in to adopt the village under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana, flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi a month earlier. Unlike other similar high-profile village adoptions where work is yet to begin on the ground, a lot has already been accomplished in this village thanks to quick decisions and constant supervision. Puttamraju Kandriga is a sleepy little village with just 399 people living in 110 houses. Predominantly made up of Backward Class/ST below-poverty-line families, the people make a living from growing red chillies and lime.

“We had no roads, no toilets in our homes nor did we have running water and uninterrupted power supply till Sachin adopted our village. Today, we have all of those along with excellent roads,” says Bhaskar Rao, a chilli farmer-resident, with a mix of happiness and pride.

The model village is a joint effort of the local administration and Sachin who has contributed ₹2.79 crore from the MP Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) funds, while the Government has sanctioned ₹3 crore. “I’m proud that we have been able to provide basic necessities of life such as running water on tap at home and toilets,” Sachin told BusinessLine over phone from Mumbai.

Asked why he chose this village and not one in his home State, Sachin replied: “Puttamraju Kandriga is also in India. I’ve received support from all over India. Wherever I went I was showered with love and affection which means a lot to me.”
Awesome stuff, hope the catches on and more promises are fulfilled in the coming months.

Well done to Mr Tendulkar, I don't think it is a great move for him to move into politics but he has to be commended for this and good initiative launched by Modi, if even 50% of the "adopted" villages are transformed like this it will be a huge step forward for the people on the ground.

Indian Criminals Association passes resolution to attack only temples to avoid arrest in record time

In a desperate bid to avoid being caught in record time, the Indian Criminals Association (ICA) has passed a resolution yesterday to attack only temples going forward, and spare the other places of worship, especially the churches.

Speaking to The Unreal Times, C. Raja, a spokesperson of ICA, said, “Yes. This decision was taken unanimously at ICA’s National Executive meeting. As you may have noticed, all the acts ofrobbery, vandalism and even the incidences of short circuits and cricket balls breaking window panes in churches have been investigated in record time and the culprits have been caught. We want to avoid this.”

ICA members have expressed their shock and awe at the speed at which the Indian Police has moved to nab the culprits of church attacks. One of the members said, “Do you know how many temples we rob every year? Have you ever heard of any temple robbery case being reported, let alone create massive hysteria not only in India but across the world? And have you ever seen a PM personally getting involved to hasten the investigation? Better safe than sorry.”

A young member of ICA barely out of his teens and looking to make an instant impact had a query for us, “Man! Which temple do I have to rob so as to not get caught but still make it to the New York Times? I have always wanted to be an international criminal!”

Delhi Police, which has recently launched an exclusive helpline number to address the grievances of the Christians applauded the decision of the ICA. “I totally support the resolution. I am so happy that I am gonna ease up on these criminals. Do you know ever since the hysteria surrounding church attacks broke out, I haven’t slept for more than 4 hours in a day? I am now looking forward to some well earned rest,” said an officer of the Delhi Police.

Delhi mein kya karwa diya aapne.... :cry:

oye ranjeete ...............wtf is this

and why BJP and Congress partner up to control Batala City MC ???? i taught Bhakts voted for BJP because BJP is against Congress...............but it looks like BJP is lover of congress

oye ranjeete ...............wtf is this

and why BJP and Congress partner up to control Batala City MC ???? i taught Bhakts voted for BJP because BJP is against Congress...............but it looks like BJP is lover of congress
I wonder why pseudo nationalist government awarded P.S. Badal with Padma Vibushan. :unsure:

Christians ka kya chal raha hai? kab tak tolerate karna hai inko?

Christians are busy with their friendly fire & false flag attacks! Sadly no one is getting fooled, apart from NDTV & their ilk! :lol:

Church is doing what it has done best for past 2000 Years; Libel.

Their target audience is not Indian.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom