What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

BJP leader’s body found in car on highway - The Times of India

BJP leader’s body found in car on highway

BAREILLY: A senior office bearer of BJP, who had gone missing on Friday evening, was found dead in his car on Baheri-Nainital highway on Saturday with multiple injury marks.

The body of Rakesh Rastogi, 40, the divisional vice-president of BJP's Nainital unit, was found tied with a nylon rope, leading to suspicion that he had been murdered, police said.

Rastogi had reportedly gone missing after he left his house on Friday evening for some personal work.

His family members had frantically looked for him but in vain. On Saturday morning, his body was found inside his Santro car by the Baheri police, who sent it for postmortem.

Baheri CO Kalu Singh said, "Prima facie, the incident appears to be a case of murder but we are awaiting the postmortem report to establish facts. The family members of the victim have refused to tell us if he had personal enmity with anyone."

BJP leader Rakesh Tyagi demanded that those involved in the killing of Rastogi be nabbed within 24 hours, failing which the party would take to the streets.

BJP leader Vijay Pandit was shot dead in Dadri area of Greater Noida, while Om Veer was killed in Muzaffarnagar a few days ago.

Looks like SP is eliminating BJP leaders one by one in UP after their humiliating eection loss.BJP needs to look into this matter ASAP along with bengal,kerala and TN areas where BJP people are being massacred.

In 10 days, 3 BJP leaders killed in UP - The Times of India

I have been hearing of mass power shortages in Delhi, U.P parts.

what's going on? anyone care to enlighten me?

The men who want to kill Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi

During India's long election campaign, Narendra Modi enjoyed a level of security that was just a notch lower than that given to Indian prime ministers, recognition of the death threats he received from Muslim extremists.

Now that he is prime minister, the threat to his life from groups such as the Indian Mujahideen and the Student Islamic Movement of India (Simi) has risen. He is now an even more high-profile target than he was as chief minister of Gujarat where, under his watch, 2,000 Muslims were massacred by Hindu mobs in 2002.

For Islamic extremists, assassinating Modi would be sweet revenge. At a court hearing on May 16 in Bhopal, central India, the day the election campaign ended, 18 Simi members charged with terrorism disrupted the proceedings by shouting, "It's your turn now Modi!" and "Long live the Taliban!"

"Killing Modi has been their goal for years," said an Intelligence Bureau official in Mumbai who did not want to be named. "Now they are re-doubling their efforts because he is prime minister and the impact would be spectacular. But we keep tabs on them, we know what's going on and they won't succeed."

He added that the threat to Modi's life was "significant but under control" because Simi was not as effective a terrorist group as Pakistan-based jihadi groups such as Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed. They, too, have Modi on their list of targets as an "anti-Muslim" figure and have warned that if he became prime minister, they would kill him.

On October 27 last year, five people were killed in a series of explosions in Patna, Bihar. One of the bombs exploded near a park where Modi was to speak.

Indian police said the Indian Mujahideen planted the bombs with Modi as their target.

Extraordinary security arrangements were in place on May 26 when Modi was sworn in as prime minister. About 6,000 security personnel were deployed, along with anti-aircraft guns, a policeman every 20 metres and ground-to-air defence systems. The air space above the presidential palace, where the ceremony took place, was secured by the air force.

Given the tight security around Modi, no assassin stood much chance of getting anywhere near him, said Ajay Sahni, terrorism expert and executive director of the Institute for Conflict Management in New Delhi.

The Indian Mujahideen and Simi lacked the capability to carry out such an attack, he said.

"If you look at these groups, ever since the attack on parliament in 2001, outside of Kashmir, they have not hit a hard target. They have hit only soft targets like markets and bus stations. They don't have the same capacity as terror outfits in Pakistan. But they will keep trying to get Modi to inspire and motivate their members," said Sahni.

The greater danger to Modi, according to Namrata Goswami, research fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in New Delhi, was if the premier diluted his security protocol.

On a visit to Bhutan this week, Modi was seen on the streets of the capital, Thimpu, mingling on foot and talking to the crowd. Back home, he has made it clear that he wants to reach out to ordinary Indians but has done so through social media.

"In Bhutan, he broke through the security cordon. The problem will be if he wants to reach out to people physically in India the way he did in Bhutan. If he starts feeling constrained by security and starts doing that in India, then the risk will go up," said Goswami.

Sahni added: "If Modi gets sloppy, then we could have a real problem. In the past, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi [both former prime ministers] insisted on diluting their security protocols. Both died."

The men who want to kill Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi | South China Morning Post

Last edited:
All part of the plan.Modi made the MSM debate why speaking in hindi is important, he is slowly changing the scenario.
@AugenBlick @Soumitra
:lol::lol::lol:

The men who want to kill Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi

During India's long election campaign, Narendra Modi enjoyed a level of security that was just a notch lower than that given to Indian prime ministers, recognition of the death threats he received from Muslim extremists.

Now that he is prime minister, the threat to his life from groups such as the Indian Mujahideen and the Student Islamic Movement of India (Simi) has risen. He is now an even more high-profile target than he was as chief minister of Gujarat where, under his watch, 2,000 Muslims were massacred by Hindu mobs in 2002.

For Islamic extremists, assassinating Modi would be sweet revenge. At a court hearing on May 16 in Bhopal, central India, the day the election campaign ended, 18 Simi members charged with terrorism disrupted the proceedings by shouting, "It's your turn now Modi!" and "Long live the Taliban!"

"Killing Modi has been their goal for years," said an Intelligence Bureau official in Mumbai who did not want to be named. "Now they are re-doubling their efforts because he is prime minister and the impact would be spectacular. But we keep tabs on them, we know what's going on and they won't succeed."

He added that the threat to Modi's life was "significant but under control" because Simi was not as effective a terrorist group as Pakistan-based jihadi groups such as Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed. They, too, have Modi on their list of targets as an "anti-Muslim" figure and have warned that if he became prime minister, they would kill him.

On October 27 last year, five people were killed in a series of explosions in Patna, Bihar. One of the bombs exploded near a park where Modi was to speak.

Indian police said the Indian Mujahideen planted the bombs with Modi as their target.

Extraordinary security arrangements were in place on May 26 when Modi was sworn in as prime minister. About 6,000 security personnel were deployed, along with anti-aircraft guns, a policeman every 20 metres and ground-to-air defence systems. The air space above the presidential palace, where the ceremony took place, was secured by the air force.

Given the tight security around Modi, no assassin stood much chance of getting anywhere near him, said Ajay Sahni, terrorism expert and executive director of the Institute for Conflict Management in New Delhi.

The Indian Mujahideen and Simi lacked the capability to carry out such an attack, he said.

"If you look at these groups, ever since the attack on parliament in 2001, outside of Kashmir, they have not hit a hard target. They have hit only soft targets like markets and bus stations. They don't have the same capacity as terror outfits in Pakistan. But they will keep trying to get Modi to inspire and motivate their members," said Sahni.

The greater danger to Modi, according to Namrata Goswami, research fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in New Delhi, was if the premier diluted his security protocol.

On a visit to Bhutan this week, Modi was seen on the streets of the capital, Thimpu, mingling on foot and talking to the crowd. Back home, he has made it clear that he wants to reach out to ordinary Indians but has done so through social media.

"In Bhutan, he broke through the security cordon. The problem will be if he wants to reach out to people physically in India the way he did in Bhutan. If he starts feeling constrained by security and starts doing that in India, then the risk will go up," said Goswami.

Sahni added: "If Modi gets sloppy, then we could have a real problem. In the past, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi [both former prime ministers] insisted on diluting their security protocols. Both died."

The men who want to kill Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi | South China Morning Post
No trouble.
Modi is smarter than any spawn of Nehru-Ghandhi's

Another step to Order 66
Not just governors: Modi govt asks NCW, NDMA members to resign too - Firstpost
Not just governors: Modi govt asks NCW, NDMA members to resign too
It seems that asking UPA appointed governors to resign has only been the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

The latest reports coming in have stated that the government has asked the National Commission for Women Mamata Sharma and SC/ST Commission PL Punia to step down from their respective posts. This comes after the PMO also asked all seven members of the National Disaster Management Authority to put in their papers.

PTI

"Everyone has been asked to submit their resignation. Though I have not received any communication as I am out of station now, I have spoken to other members and they have confirmed this to me. I will do the needful once I reach Delhi," NDMA member and former director general of CRPF, JK Sinha, told PTI.

Sinha said that NDMA Vice Chairman M Shashidhar Reddy has already put in his papers.

When contacted, Reddy, however, denied having submitted his resignation.
"I have not resigned. I am busy now. I will talk to you later," said Reddy, a Congress politician from Telangana.

The NDMA is headed by the Prime Minister. The Vice Chairman enjoys the rank of a cabinet minister while other members enjoy the rank of a union minister of state.

Former director general of the Central Industrial Security Force, KM Singh, confirmed that he got a call from the government asking him to put in his papers.

"I have already submitted my resignation," Singh told PTI.

He, however, refused to identify the person in the government who had contacted him.

Former Civil Aviation Secretary KN Shrivastava, when contacted, refused to comment on the matter saying it would not be proper for him to talk on the issue.

"I am neither confirming nor denying anything," he said.

Former director general of the central industrial security force, KM Singh, has also confirmed that he got a call from the government asking him to put in his papers.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, from Day 1 of assuming office had been quite vocal about his opposition to government officials appointed by the previous UPA government.

The Narendra Modi government looks like it is in full spring cleaning mode. Out with the old and in with the new.

With inputs from PTI

:devil::devil::devil::devil:
@wolfschanzze @jha and others

Another step to Order 66
It seems that asking UPA appointed governors to resign has only been the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

The latest reports coming in have stated that the government has asked the National Commission for Women Mamata Sharma and SC/ST Commission PL Punia to step down from their respective posts. This comes after the PMO also asked all seven members of the National Disaster Management Authority to put in their papers.

PTI

"Everyone has been asked to submit their resignation. Though I have not received any communication as I am out of station now, I have spoken to other members and they have confirmed this to me. I will do the needful once I reach Delhi," NDMA member and former director general of CRPF, JK Sinha, told PTI.

Sinha said that NDMA Vice Chairman M Shashidhar Reddy has already put in his papers.

"I have not resigned. I am busy now. I will talk to you later," said Reddy, a Congress politician from Telangana.

The NDMA is headed by the Prime Minister. The Vice Chairman enjoys the rank of a cabinet minister while other members enjoy the rank of a union minister of state.

Former director general of the Central Industrial Security Force, KM Singh, confirmed that he got a call from the government asking him to put in his papers.

He, however, refused to identify the person in the government who had contacted him.

Former Civil Aviation Secretary KN Shrivastava, when contacted, refused to comment on the matter saying it would not be proper for him to talk on the issue.

Former director general of the central industrial security force, KM Singh, has also confirmed that he got a call from the government asking him to put in his papers.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, from Day 1 of assuming office had been quite vocal about his opposition to government officials appointed by the previous UPA government.

The Narendra Modi government looks like it is in full spring cleaning mode. Out with the old and in with the new.

With inputs from PTI

All pieces are being moved into place as planned and foreseen . ;):devil::devil::devil:

@jha @wolfschanzze @JanjaWeed @Ravi Nair @Soumitra

MUST WATCH
atleast upto 48 minutes
contains allusion to all our theories including Order 66 and the doubling of Muslim vote share from 4.5% in 2009 to 9% in 2k14
essentially proving that modi wave has a muslim component.
Also
US to start LNG supply to India in the next 3-4 years. Contracts signed
BJP states control 4 of 7 key LNG terminals in India
If nothing watch the ppt of the bald guy at about 35 min about US India economic relations.

He is making sure BJP gets a big chunk of votes in next elections. He did enjoy a big majority even now. Pretty soon he will be at same level of Lalu.
He got big chunk of votes for being a Pro Telangana party .People voted for them on that basis, now that Telangana is done thing, they will look forward to all his promises made before elections,if he tries to mould his party on Gandhi family and Congress model people will quickly reject him.
He is still scared that they might not win next time so he is trying to consolidate his vote bank.As he cannot use the We(Telangana people) vs Them(Seemandhra people) issue anymore.He is trying to woo the minority vote bank, just like congress did, it will only work in favor of Bjp in coming years.Nobody should be given 12% reservation based on religion.A section of society can be backward, but how can a religion be backwards when they claim to be one of the biggest in the world?Earlier the High Court of AP stopped passing of such a bill by YSR when he was alive,back then it was 4% and how the hell does KCR think he can pass 12% now?

Another step to Order 66

PTI

With inputs from PTI

What's this about? Why is Modi asking these particular guys to leave their posts?

---------------------------------------------

@arp2041 regarding AADHAAR:
Watch: NDA Set To Eclipse UPA's Aadhaar Programme - NDTV

Seems the national identity card is a far more foolproof system than the AADHAAR card.

What astounded me was that 3/4 of the guests and even the chair (Vishnu Som) seemed to advocate India have an open door policy to the world's poor and couldn't seem to comprehend what was wrong with having illegal BD migrants in India!!

The show makes a pretty compelling case for scrapping AADHAAR and replacing it with the new national identity card, I had been worried when I head that AADHAAR was being scrapped but I am pretty relieved now. I hope Modi puts in place a very direct system for implementing it and it rolls out very soon- issuing it to over 1BN people is not going to be an easy task.

Back
Top Bottom