What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Watch: Truth vs Hype - Governance, Modi-fied Video: NDTV.com

@Dillinger @kbd-raaf @arp2041

Interesting to note that Modi/BJP will actually benefit from the UPA's last-ditch mega-project clearance push. Some 150 mega projects cleared in the last 12 months by the UPA. Almost 500 more still pending though so the BJP certainly has their work cut out.

I've heard of this before. Too little too late. I can guarantee that Modi's ministers will do their due diligence (environmental clearances) etc) without allowing policy paralysis to set in. I'm hoping Modi is able to delegate and not micro-manage. I was fearful that he wouldn't be able to if he had to deal with coalition allies.

Another great thing is that Modi now has complete control over the party. Most MPs know they won because of the Modi wave, the party whip in the lok sabha will have his work cut out.

A good video, worth watching nevertheless.

@Abingdonboy @Dillinger @anybody else who is interested

Arvind Panagariya's Suggestions for Modi Government Video: NDTV.com

You should watch this as well.

I've got my fingers crossed for labour reforms in the first 8 quarters. What'd you guys reckon?

There's only been 2 or 3 joint sessions of parliament that's ever been held, so I don't see many of them being held in the first 2 years of the Modi administration until they have a majority in the upper house.

It's interesting to note that the PM holds more sway in the Indian system than the President does in the US. A strong PMO with a man of such gravitas as Modi will hold enormous influence in the passing of important legislation.

@Dillinger @kbd-raaf @arp2041 @Abingdonboy

I have met him (Modi). I am going to work with him closely,”
Looking forward to work closely with Modi: Vladimir Putin | The Indian Express

Can Anybody tell me when did this happen?
Perhaps when Putin visited India last year? It is quite typical of visiting heads of state to interact with opposition leaders and other notable opposition figures on such visits but I can't say for sure.

Narendra Modi likely to visit Brazil in July : Highlights, News - India Today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom