What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

As Mehbooba talks kindly of Modi, is PDP sidling towards the BJP?

Kashmir's People's Democratic Party president Mehbooba Mufti has had few nice things to say about Narendra Modi in the past but her latest comments indicate that if push comes to shove in 2014, the party wouldn't be entirely averse to an alliance with the BJP. In an uncharacteristic thaw in stance, Mufti told the Indian Express in Delhi, "There is a section of people in Kashmir who are of the opinion that maybe Modi will be able to take certain tough decisions regarding Kashmir issue. Modi had a mixed response in the valley." She tempered it by saying that the general impression was that Modi was a divisive figure, but acknowledged there was a section of people who believed that he would be able to emulate Atal Bihari Vajpayee when it came to policies in Kashmir. The PDP chief also, perhaps in her first public criticism of the Congress leader, said that Rahul Gandhi had the opportunity to be at the forefront of the anti-corruption movement, but squandered it.

The PDP chief's comments come even as the BJP unit in Kashmir has been studiously avoiding criticising the party. Even during Modi's mammoth 'Lalkar rally' in Jammu, the BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate, the party president and all other speakers chose not to go after the PDP despite past verbal skirmishes. However, the PDP party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed had attacked Modi for seeking a debate on the special status to Jammu and Kashmir enshrined in Constitution under Article 370. “Scrap this bridge with rest of the country and the entire gamut of accession and related issues stare in your face. Modi’s raking up of Article 370 is a very disturbing indicator of his approach to sensitivities of the people of Jammu and Kashmir,” Sayeed had said. Both parties haven't been talking of an alliance, and therefore Mehbooba's statements signalling a potential thaw in relations comes as a surprise, but don't expect an alliance any time soon. "The alliance, if it happens, could be a post election one.” Tariq Ahmad, a researcher in the department of Political Science in Delhi University, said. Speculation was rife that the PDP was considering an alliance with the Congress to ally with after the assembly elections in 2014. But the Congress may have no intention of parting ways with the National Conference just yet and that may have forced the PDP to look to the BJP. “It seems they have failed to convince the central party leadership, despite some senior leaders in the state Congress in favour of the an alliance with PDP. It seems now they are slowly moving towards an alliance with BJP," Ahmad said.

President of Awami Ittihad party Engineer Sheikh Abdul Rashid said he was surprised by Mufti's statements on Modi. “When Modi called for a debate on Article 370 both NC and PDP condemned it. How can in such a short time Modi be a person who could take a good decisions for Kashmir? I think Mehbooba said this only to please Narendra Modi and gain sympathy for the future.” Rashid told Firstpost. However, Nasir Sogami, the provincial president of National Conference in Kashmir, doesn't find this development a very surprising one. “Whenever Mufti goes to Delhi she meets certain BJP leaders to discuss future plans with them. They have been already warming up to each other. We have been saying all along that PDP is looking for BJP as a future partner for an alliance in post 2014.” Sogami told Firstpost.

What is the latest report of survey? Who has better chance?. I personally think that congress has no ball even after Mumbai attack they remained silent even Pakistan accepted that attacker came from here. I think modi is better choice for India and BJP is not foreign party with foreign policies unlike congress and foreign woman Sonia Gandhi.
Till now BJP is a Head of any other Party ... But other Indian parties and US vested interest along with Media is hell bend in playing BJP down...

But BJP is sure to form the Government in 2014 ... only confusion is with how much seats... I personally believe BJP alone can get upto 235 seats and its two allies would get around 25 seats making them get 260 seats close to 272 which is the half way mark...

Till now BJP is a Head of any other Party ... But other Indian parties and US vested interest along with Media is hell bend in playing BJP down...

But BJP is sure to form the Government in 2014 ... only confusion is with how much seats... I personally believe BJP alone can get upto 235 seats and its two allies would get around 25 seats making them get 260 seats close to 272 which is the half way mark...

Hope you are true .....

Hope you are true .....
This Media Storm of AAP will Die down in 1 or 2 week ... BJP has already penetrated into every nook and corner of the country ... Which is due to our early start of Poll campaigning...

And come on even AAP knows that the very own people who voted them in Delhi will vote for BJP in center ...

We had our toughest fight since last 5 years... Can U still believe MODI is our PM candidate ... did we ever expect even that to happen ...

What ever this media Hulla Gulla about AAP is just the last desperate attempt by Seculars to keep away BJP and MODIji from power ...

MODIji is a Magician ... He has brought us through the darkest hopeless situation ... This is nothing when compared to that...

Victory will be ours brothers ... 15 years of Saffron rule in India is coming ... After that our fundamental goal of Rama Rajya...

1505248_707848002566400_1273925986_n.jpg

This Media Storm of AAP will Die down in 1 or 2 week ... BJP has already penetrated into every nook and corner of the country ... Which is due to our early start of Poll campaigning...

And come on even AAP knows that the very own people who voted them in Delhi will vote for BJP in center ...

We had our toughest fight since last 5 years... Can U still believe MODI is our PM candidate ... did we ever expect even that to happen ...

What ever this media Hulla Gulla about AAP is just the last desperate attempt by Seculars to keep away BJP and MODIji from power ...

MODIji is a Magician ... He has brought us through the darkest hopeless situation ... This is nothing when compared to that...

Victory will be ours brothers ... 15 years of Saffron rule in India is coming ... After that our fundamental goal of Rama Rajya...

I really hope AAP fails m i heard from somewhere they will participate in 300 seats..
Either way, I hope Modi comes,,,because if he does then he is assured to stay there for a long time...

I personally believe BJP alone can get upto 235 seats and its two allies would get around 25 seats making them get 260 seats close to 272 which is the half way mark...

dont u think 235 is a too big no. ?? my assesment is that bjp might get 190 +..

It's typical.. isn't it? Before Delhi election everyone including media & other political parties underestimated AAP.. & now everyone is overestimating AAP. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. AAP did well in Delhi as they have put everything they had in the past year & half into one city. I wouldn't compare Delhi elections to any other state elections. Delhi assembly elections are like council elections, with smaller constituency & less number of voters. & that makes it easy to cover for the political parties. So.. if anyone thinks that AAP can replicate that in other part of India... they will be in for a rude shock.
AAP better hope & pray that their govt falls sooner than later. If doesn't... their bluff will be called & Kejriwal will find short of place to hide. They can't sustain this freebies for longer period of time.

Last edited:
dont u think 235 is a too big no. ?? my assesment is that bjp might get 190 +..
After seeing the Clean sweep in Rajasthan ...Dont be Amazed if BJP actually manages to get 272 seats single handedly ...

I mean This is a historical win... even congress at its peak couldn't get such a win Rajasthan ...

It's typical.. isn't it? Before Delhi election everyone including media & other political parties underestimated AAP.. & now everyone is overestimating AAP. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. AAP did well in Delhi as they have put everything they had in the past year & half into one city. I wouldn't compare Delhi elections to any other state elections. Delhi assembly elections are like council elections, with smaller constituency & less number of voters. & that makes it easy to cover for the political parties. So.. if anyone thinks that AAP can replicate that in other part of India... they will be in for a rude shock.
AAP better hope & pray that their govt falls sooner than later. If doesn't... their bluff will be called & Kejriwal will find short of place to hide. They can't sustain this freebies for longer period of time.
I am from Mumbai a city which is some what similar like Delhi...

I can tell u here there is no APP effect ... neither any rally... Hell I have never seen a single AAP Topi walas in Mumbai since the start of this Party...

Now forget about the remote Villages of India...

Even in Delhi BJP won all the seats of remote slums and Villages... while AAP won seats only in Posh and rich areas of Delhi ...

Last edited:
After seeing the Clean sweep in Rajasthan ...Dont be Amazed if BJP actually manages to get 272 seats single handedly ...

I mean This is a historical win... even congress at its peak couldn't get such a win Rajasthan ...

I'm hoping for a good show in UP. Even Mulayam Singh Yadav is acknowledging Modi effect & resigned to the fact that BJP will do well in UP. & his prediction is 30 to 40 seats for BJP in UP. If Mulayam is willing to give that kinda figure... you know BJP will end up doing much better than that.
Mulayam Singh Yadav acknowledges Narendra Modi effect, calls Lalu Prasad 'sycophant' - The Times of India

I can tell u here there is no APP effect ... neither any rally... Hell I have never seen a single AAP Topi walas in Mumbai since the start of this Party...

Even in Delhi BJP won all the seats of remote slums and Villages... while AAP won seats only in Posh and rich areas of Delhi ...

Precisely! AAP had a easy access for urban voters in Delhi... & it was possible to make an impact on them due to the fact that almost all of AAP hierarchy are local to urban Delhi. But that's not the case in Mumbai though...
Only topiwalas in Mumbai you will find is dabbawalas :lol:

yes, but even if bjp sweeps in the states of north india they need to win atleast some seats in states like a.p , kerala , tn, orissa , w.b which have almost 143 seats i dont see bjp gaining much ground in these states though there may be increase in vote share..... as far as a.p goes bjp could win atleast 2-3 ls seats if it allies with a regional party like tdp in telangana but it will have a zero presence in seemandhra region...

I'm hoping for a good show in UP. Even Mulayam Singh Yadav is acknowledging Modi effect & resigned to the fact that BJP will do well in UP. & his prediction is 30 to 40 seats for BJP in UP. If Mulayam is willing to give that kinda figure... you know BJP will end up doing much better than that.
Mulayam Singh Yadav acknowledges Narendra Modi effect, calls Lalu Prasad 'sycophant' - The Times of India

U really didnt Notice the news properly Brother... Mulayam said BJP would win 40 seats more then what it won in next election...

Last time BJP had 10 seats last time... which makes the tally to 50 seats in UP...

Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, who has so far been denying a Modi factor in UP, admitted on Tuesday that the BJP might win 30 to 40 seats more in the 2014 Lok Sabha election than it did in 2009.

We need a Clean 60 seats in UP and I sincerely hope MNS and SHiv Sena Comes Together and again give a Clean Sweep in Maharashtra which has around 48 seats

Precisely! AAP had a easy access for urban voters in Delhi... & it was possible to make an impact on them due to the fact that almost all of AAP hierarchy are local to urban Delhi. But that's not the case in Mumbai though...
Only topiwalas in Mumbai you will find is dabbawalas :lol:

And those Dabbawalas are a Firm Shiv Sena Voters ... :P

If AAP people are in the delusion of getting vote from them....

Last edited:
U really didnt Notice the news properly Brother... Mulayam said BJP would win 40 seats more then what it won in next election...

Last time BJP had 10 seats last time... which makes the tally to 50 seats in UP...

oops... sounds even better.

We need a Clean 60 seats in UP and I sincerely hope MNS and SHiv Sena Comes Together and again give a Clean Sweep in Maharashtra which has around 48 seats

Spot on. I think MNS will be a spoilsport. I remember last time in Maharashtra state elections MNS really played a spoilsport & Congress gained due to it. & that Amar Akbar Anthony dialogue by Raj Thakarey... apun ko bahut mara, apun khali ek ich ghoosa mara pan solid mara na!

oops... sounds even better.

Spot on. I think MNS will be a spoilsport. I remember last time in Maharashtra state elections MNS really played a spoilsport & Congress gained due to it. & that Amar Akbar Anthony dialogue by Raj Thakarey... apun ko bahut mara, apun khali ek ich ghoosa mara pan solid mara na!
But I Love RAJ Thakrey ... He can Change Maharashtra completely ...

and His Dialog's are Solid at the same time hilarious Like Balasheb... If MNS and SS comes together its the end of Congress A-Team and Congress B-Team (NCP) in Maharashtra...

Nair saab after Modi ji and BJP may be i gonna be a gr8 fan of u in PDF :-):-)
i will be a first time voter this time and i wish all your foretells may become true in future then people of india and the whole world will see a different BHARAT in comming years

Narendra Modi deposits the gifts he has received in the last year towards girl child education...

Gandhinagar, WednesdayGujarat Chief Minister Narenda Modi today donated 3,064 gifts worth approximately Rs.26.54-lakh to the government treasury. The gifts included 103 gold and silver artifacts, roughly valued at Rs.14.81-lakh, besides artifacts like chariot, watches, mementoes, coins, medals, metal and wooden handicrafts, photo frames, swords, bow and arrows, traditional and tribal attires, umbrellas. The date and venue of the auction of these gifts would be announced shortly.

This happens to be his 13th installment of gifts Mr. Modi has been regularly donating to the treasury since November 2001. He has earlier donated Rs.18.91-crore in the government treasury, the amount raised through auction of 15,464 gifts he had received between November 2001 and December 2013. This totals up to 18,710 gifts so far.

The auctions are held at different places in Gujarat by rotation, as in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar,Surat, Mehsana,Rajkot, Valsad, Vapi,Bhavnagar, Bharuch and Anand.

Incidentally, Mr. Modi happens to be the only Chief Minister inIndiawho has been regularly donating the gifts he had been receiving for some noble cause. The sum thus raised in donated to the fund for girls’ education, called Kanya Kelavni Nidhi.

This include Rs.3,064 gifts worth Rs.14.81-lakh in the latest installment today.

Back
Top Bottom