What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Oh yes! & Bhatkal is a stronghold for muslims & that too very progressive & educated. But you'll find that kinda culture in quite a few areas of coastal Karnataka & bordering areas of Kerala, like Kasargod. But they are mostly populated around urban areas. Another thing you will notice in that part of the world... a deep segregation between the communities with regard how & where they live. Maybe that's why it's hard to know what goes on within that community & it acts kind of comfortable safe haven for miscreants.

Cultural separatism seems to be a choice for some Muslim though. Many Konkani marathi Muslims today use Urdu and have completely given up Marathi, their mother tongue and the local language. And BTW its not like Urdu has some religious or material significance, its a cultural separatist stand. When one separates from mainstream on purpose, what is the state or the majority community supposed to do, bend over backwards to shield the community from the negative consequences of the choices they make?????

Despite his apparent sincerity, what I've seen of Kejju this morning worries me. The arrogance, self righteousness and authoritarian traits were becoming more evident during his speech and the crackpot solutions to address corruption and mal governance, for instance turning aam aadmi into citizen journalists snooping on erring bureaucrats,have the potential to destroy whatever trust is left between the state and public and bring the whole system to a standstill within days.

This morning has exposed AAP as nothing but a bunch of communists/anarchists masquerading as a party of protest, thriving on support from the politically naive 'youth' of Delhi disaffected by mainstream politics. Based on this morning's performance, I expect Kejju and his coitere to be shown the door by the President within weeks before they can do any enduring damage to the state apparatus.

Excellent post. Except ''the politically naive 'youth' of Delhi disaffected by mainstream politics'' bit. Certainly not all of them. Had a young lady from Delhi complain y'day that her sis's family of 4 + 2 maids have to pay 3500 INR per quarter as water bill!!!

This is Delhi, the richest state in India and easily the most subsidised one (look at the $$$ center spent on infra).

Last edited:
Cultural separatism seems to be a choice for some Muslim though. Many Konkani marathi Muslims today use Urdu and have completely given up Marathi, their mother tongue and the local language. And BTW its not like Urdu has some religious or material significance, its a cultural separatist stand. When one separates from mainstream on purpose, what is the state or the majority community supposed to do, bend over backwards to shield the community from the negative consequences of the choices they make?????

Excellent post. Except ''the politically naive 'youth' of Delhi disaffected by mainstream politics'' bit. Certainly not all of them. Had a young lady from Delhi complain y'day that her sis's family of 4 + 2 maids have to pay 3500 INR per quarter as water bill!!!

This is Delhi, the richest state in India and easily the most subsidised one (look at the $$$ center spent on infra).

Spot on.Slightly OT but I have encountered similar self imposed ghettoisation of muslims in parts of Western UP as well.I largely ascribe this to the petro dollar fuelled global revival of the Wahabbi creed and the absolutist and exclusionist narrative it espouses. Although it might have been useful in terms of offering early Muslims a distinct identity among competing monotheistic faiths in 7th century Arabia and securing the preeminence of the Arab (read Saudi) nation among believers, such parochial beliefs understandably lead to divisions and poor community cohesion in contemporary multi faith societies.

With regards to the confused response of the majority community in India to the threat, I would argue that the very different formative experience of Hinduism and its polytheistic nature, where millions of dieties and strands of thought happily coexist, mean that most Hindus are inherently tolerant of divergent beliefs and are often bewildered when confronted by a belligerent group which claims god as its sole prerogative and insists on leading segregated lives whilst simultaneously claiming victimisation.Consequently, the typical Hindu response to this has oscillated between unconditional acceptance and acquiescence in a bid to 'win them over' or overt hostility when such attempts inevitably end in failure.

As to my comments about the contribution of young voters to AAP's success, I was referring to the markedly higher turnout among 18-20s in Delhi who in all likelihood cast their ballots in favour of Kejju and co..

Last edited:
Looks like the ill conceived promises are returning to bite Kejju in his a$$ already. This could be over sooner than we think at this rate lol.

Can Delhi residents please confirm if 700 litres of free water have started flowing from the taps yet?

CM Arvind Kejriwal seeks 10 days to resolve problems of people in Delhi

GHAZIABAD: Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday sought ten days time to formulate a system to address grievances and problems of the people in Delhi.

He said that he would accept the applications of the people visiting him only after a system is in place.

"I don't want to give you false assurances. I will take the application when we put a system in place to resolve the problems," he said.

He assured the visitors, who gathered in large numbers at his residence, that he needed the support of the people to establish such a system and without their backing, he would not be able resolve issues.

"We have just assumed power. It will take us sometime, seven to ten days to put a system in place to resolve your problems," he said, addressing a gathering which included DTC employees and people from the Valmiki community.

Contractual employees of DTC and muncipal corporations had come to put forward their demand to end the contract system in these bodies. They also wanted that those working for several years should be made permanent.

CM Arvind Kejriwal seeks 10 days to resolve problems of people in Delhi - The Times of India

Prashant Bhushan assures AAP's support to agitation against Kudankulam nuclear plant!

Prashant Bhushan assures AAP's support to agitation against Kudankulam nuclear plant - The Times of India

This man will surely cause the downfall of AAP.

The Kudankulam agitation is reportedly sponsored by the foreign church lobby so that's the Christian vote bank covered...

Ex-Samajwadi leader Kamal Farooqui meets Arvind Kejriwal, says 'everybody interested to join him' | NDTV.com

Man who claimed Yain Bhatkal was arrested due to his religion now wants to be a part of AAP. Good going Mr Kejriwal... :tup:

At least AAP is being very fair when it comes to courting communal elements from various communities..must all be part of that "new brand politics" lark we keep hearing about..

At least AAP is being very fair when it comes to courting communal elements from various communities..must all be part of that "new brand politics" lark we keep hearing about..

True.. one more to the list of secular flag bearers. Would love to see if they have same level tolerance towards a saffron clad guru & accept him with open arms into their fold!

Last edited:
मोदी को व्यक्तिगत रूप से बहुत पसंद करता हूं: कुमार विश्वास

True.. one more to the list of secular flag bearers. Would love to see if they have same level tolerance towards a saffron clad guru & accept him with open arms to their fold!
Highly unlikely...

As per AAP's anarchist vision for the nation, anything that unites the majority or provides it with a shared identity and sense of purpose within a democratic arrangement is anathema since it risks perpetuating the notion of a functioning, sovereign state whereas everything that divides society, minority communalism included, serve to hasten disintegration of the state that Kejju and Co ultimately aspire to..

Highly unlikely...

As per AAP's anarchist vision for the nation, anything that unites the majority or provides it with a shared identity and sense of purpose within a democratic arrangement is anathema since it risks perpetuating the notion of a functioning, sovereign state whereas everything that divides society, minority communalism included, serve to hasten disintegration of the state that Kejju and Co ultimately aspire to..

Really starting believe what's being said on this video...

heard about the tension last night .... but nothing was in the papers. Has it died down?

They have managed to put a lid on spreading of the news. But the situation is still tense though.. I think the curfew is still on & Rapid Action Force has been deployed on the streets. Hopefully this will die down soon.

They have managed to put a lid on spreading of the news. But the situation is still tense though.. I think the curfew is still on & Rapid Action Force has been deployed on the streets. Hopefully this will die down soon.
Glad to hear that. Hopefully things die down soon.

Back
Top Bottom