What's new

Indian Policemen Killed And Dismembered

Can't compete with you guys, in a race amongst your selves to post every thing under the Sun about Pakistan.

The obsession is almost admirable.

So are you different, I don't feel so.

See even india are experiencing same problems as Pakistan

Thanks for telling us windjammer.

The difference is that we are still not using big guns like artillery, combat aircraft,attack helicopters etc to eliminate Naxalites...but seeing how ruthless the Naxals are, I would not mind a few ' harsh' measures.

It came as a breaking news on a sat channel, hence I decided to post it.

But I guess it's set some tails on fire.

At least its still the Indian Paramilitary firing the shots ...and not some foreign special ops force .....

On topic :

With such actions the maoist support base among the vast majority of Indian Population , almost everyone but some brain-washed tribals has virtually ended . Maybe after a change of govt , the Paramilitary will be equipped with Armed Druvs and Drones to target and eliminate naxals . The current govt is simply too politically indecisive to take a single proactive decision. :tdown:

Well RIP to the deceased, was very brave of them to venture into dangerous territories. They should least get some recognition from the state.

@WindJammer
Tail doesn't matter, when someones whole body is on fire.

It came as a breaking news on a sat channel, hence I decided to post it.

But I guess it's set some tails on fire.

What is with you that only news of the most gruesome nature , and almost always concerning India --- Like aircraft crashes , Maoists are the ones you decide to post ?

RIP to the dead.

"As per the code of anti-insurgency operations, there has to be a team of not less than 200 when venturing into such difficult areas," an official told the BBC.
BBC News - Indian Maoists 'kill and dismember' 10 policemen

How can you need a minimum of 200 policemen, to be able to enter an area in your own country?

Any militant groups that raise their weapons against the state, or against innocent civilians, should be wiped out of existence.

RIP to the dead.

How can you need a minimum of 200 policemen, to be able to enter an area in your own country?

Any groups that raise their weapons against the state, or against innocent civilians, should be wiped out of existence.

Not so easy bro ...they use innocent civilians , tribals as human shield ....any collateral damage and human rights groups will be outside South Block in New Delhi ...screaming their lungs out . Pitfalls of freedom of expression , what to do .... :frown:

Not so easy bro ...they use innocent civilians , tribals as human shield ....any collateral damage and human rights groups will be outside South Block in New Delhi ...screaming their lungs out . Pitfalls of freedom of expression , what to do .... :frown:

You're right, it is not easy at all.

The "carrot and stick" approach is always useful though. Carrot = Economic incentives and development opportunities.

Stick = Severe punishment, without any mercy... for those militants who refuse to accept the carrot approach.

Plenty of carrots have already been offered, now India needs to apply more of the stick.

RIP to the dead.

Any militant groups that raise their weapons against the state, or against innocent civilians, should be wiped out of existence.

The problem is these areas are heavily forested, and many of these terrorists being local tribals know the forest inside out. On the other hand the police forces were never trained for these kinda operations. They have started retraining the police forces in jungle warfare now. So hopefully we ll see some results soon.

You're right, it is not easy at all.

The "carrot and stick" approach is always useful though. Carrot = Economic incentives and development opportunities.

Stick = Severe punishment, without any mercy... for those militants who refuse to accept the carrot approach.

Plenty of carrots have already been offered, now India needs to apply more of the stick.

Absolutely spot on !!! ...

We have indeed offered a whole bunch of carrots --- developmental programs for Tribals , poverty alleviation , talks , interlocuters to understand and resolve grievances , Govt delegations , central monetary grants , quotas --- you name it.

Unfortunately the "stick" , requires a bit of steely leadership and political courage which out ineffectual congress babus do not have .....this is why I am eagerly awaiting the victory of the BJP in the next gen election .

They may not be the best but at least they could take a few tough measures --- eg POTA ( Prevention of Anti terrorism ) act may have been misused politically in some cases but at least the BJP had the gall to propose it and get it passed in Parliament.

To root out maoist ideology from our society we need to strike at the base , the ideologues like Binayak Sen ....we need to adopt a pro -active and aggressive" Mc Carthy- like" approach .

So instead of condemning and asking for explanations from their govts, Our Indian friends here are more worried about the thread being opened by a Pakistani. EPIC :lol:

Back
Top Bottom