What's new

Indian opinion: Bangladesh Doesn't Want To Cross India's Redlines On Chinese Port Projects, Weapons, Finances.

you have choices for most things China produces

Does that include building bridges ? you will make it sound like China builds all the bridges in the world

China may not build all the bridges in the world but they do build most of BD’s infrastructure.

USA and EU simply do not have the means to build big stuff in BD.

300 years of miserable British rule left us with crappy railway line - only good enough to transport tea. And not resilient to our weather.

China is now lifting us up instead of looting from us.

Chhotoloker bacchara arm twist koira jaitesey - kintu dekha jak - ar kotodin.

Nijera to nopun er ekshesh, amader keo shawpun hoitey dibena....

Tader dour Hasina porjontoi. Hasina geley khobor aasey.

Emonki Hasina-o ek time-e Indian Dhaka HC-key time-of-day dai nai char bosor aagey.

Ar Teesta nia Modi ar Didi ekta khela kheltesey.

Center chailey Bangladesher shathey chukti kortei parey, Didir onumoti newa lagey na.

Tara eirokom amader ghuraitei thakbey.

Eita hoilo tader hater pach.

Hater pach ki eto shohojey chherey dibey?
Its not like BD (I am not like a badmouthing BD in US, never tells what he does here) . In India the natural resource other than Iron and Petroleum are state property.
So Mamata is the final word for Teesta water. It was because of Jyoti Basu your are getting Farakka water. If Mamata you would have got nothing.
What is stopping you to go to International court for this? You have already succeeded where you won considerable amount of land from India.

Chinese weapons are bang for the buck. You get what you pay for. You can't expect Rolls-Royce quality with a Tata nano budget.

And China will obviously support burma.

We import lots of machinery and chemicals from india. We don't produce any machinery and chemicals.

We are totally dependant on india for spices, sugar and wheat. And if natural disaster hits us we have to import rice from india too!

God knows when we will be a self sufficient country at least on food...
And most of fruits fruits. One of your compatriots asked all Bangladeshis to eat fruit in breakfast.

The dependncy on spices, sugar and other foodstuff on India is our own doing. Those things can be imported for competitive prices from other sources too. Our illiterate low class leaders are the reason.
Are you sure?
Can you look at your geography. You have access to China/any other country through Burma or by sea. Any idea how much transport cost will be added to your stuffs? India is a cheaper option for you. Its business.
I have good examples as well. But would like you to do some math.

Are you sure?
Can you look at your geography. You have access to China/any other country through Burma or by sea. Any idea how much transport cost will be added to your stuffs? India is a cheaper option for you. Its business.
I have good examples as well. But would like you to do some math.

You are absolutely right that we buy Indian agro products because it’s much cheaper than alternatives. And closer to the BD’s uncouth middle class.

I am asking BD’s uncouth and unsophisticated middle class to become a bit more civilised.

Dietary habits are a big sign of civilised behaviour.

You are what you eat.

This is the reason we do not see any real capacity improvement in Bangladesh armed forces. Current Bangladesh govt. will not cross Delhi's red line on anything. Many of us think that problem lies with the inadequate defence budget. But many countries with comparable defence budget is much stronger militarily than Bangladesh (Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar etc.) But the real problem is current govt. will not enhance the capacity of armed forces of Bangladesh which will obviously upset India and may cost big Husband's blessing for them.

I would like to know from this envoy how exactly it is going to help Bangladesh point by point.

I'm sure he knows how it's going to help India.

what? Do you know that Turkey and Indonesia used Chinese technology in their defense industries?

up to now. Turkey and Indonesia are still seeking Chinese technology... Then you told me that Chinese weapons are second-class?

Are you sure you understand the hierarchy of the world's military industry?

It's true some of Chinese defense tech Is almost at par with u.s.... how ever the Chinese aren't going to export these type of defense hardware to Africa or other parts of Asia.

The Chinese export some of the lower grade stuff to developing countries.

With Turkish defense hardware they actually strive for quality in some of their export products. Also some of Turkish tech surpasses American tech like uav. Also at this current stage the Turkish naval rail laser gun is more advanced than u.s.

It's true some of Chinese defense tech Is almost at par with u.s.... how ever the Chinese aren't going to export these type of defense hardware to Africa or other parts of Asia.

With Turkish defense hardware they actually strive for quality in some of their export products. Also some of Turkish tech surpasses American tech like uav. Also at this current stage the Turkish naval rail laser gun is more advanced than u.s.
You get what you are willing to pay for chinese weapons, and they are worth of your money. For example, bangaldesh will only get what its willing to pay for the basic advanced cheap type 056 light frigates, it will not get delivered the much more expensive robust tpye 054A frigates or the very expensive top notch advanced type 052D destroyers.

Bangladesh should continue concentrating on its economy and maintainIng good relations with its neighbors. Continue doing the opposite of Pakistan and you should be just fine.

I'm not sure how advanced Turkish drones are. At present, China's DJI monopolizes 70% of the global market.

It is certain. Currently. Turkey's military technology includes drones. Still can't compare with China and USA.

You mentioned laser cannons. But you don't seem to know who is the top 1 in the world.

just like you told me Turkish drones are more advanced than the J-20. Turkish frigates are more advanced than 055. Because the J-20 and 055 is not exported. Non-P5 countries talk to P5 countries about military technology. this seems a little funny.

I still recommend you.... Go see the world.

Last edited:
You get what you are willing to pay for chinese weapons, and they are worth of your money. For example, bangaldesh will only get what its willing to pay for the basic advanced cheap type 056 light frigates, it will not get delivered the much more expensive robust tpye 054A frigates or the very expensive top notch advanced type 052D destroyers.
until 2022. Turkey is still looking for Chinese technology.... Then someone here wants to prove to me how advanced Turkish military technology is.

Denied F-35s, China/Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder, J-10C Fighter Jet Key Options For Turkish Air Force – Experts

This is an insult to us. Compare Turkish and Chinese military technology. These poor people never understand~ What is a permanent member of the UN Security Council!

until 2022. Turkey is still looking for Chinese technology.... Then someone here wants to prove to me how advanced Turkish military technology is.

Denied F-35s, China/Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder, J-10C Fighter Jet Key Options For Turkish Air Force – Experts

This is an insult to us. Compare Turkish and Chinese military technology. These poor people never understand~ What is a permanent member of the UN Security Council!
These ignorant people are making jokes.

These ignorant people are making jokes.
I really suggest these people to understand the world.

Drones? It's the lowest-end aviation industry! When a country cannot manufacture fighter jets or cannot buy advanced fighter jets. Forced to replace fighter jets with drones.

How advanced nations use drones? First use fighter jets to gain air supremacy.

Then use electronic warfare aircraft to destroy the enemy's radar, radio and all communication equipment. Control electromagnetic power!!!

Then use bombers to destroy ground targets.

Finally use the transport plane to airborne the ground troops. implement armed occupation.

UAVs may be used to conduct some reconnaissance and strike scattered targets.

When did it start? Drones became the representative of "advanced military technology"??

Which advanced country do you see boasting about its drones?

And Turkish drones are advanced???

Last edited:
I really suggest these people to understand the world.

Drones? It's the lowest-end aviation industry! When a country cannot manufacture fighter jets or cannot buy advanced fighter jets. Forced to replace fighter jets with drones.

How advanced nations use drones? First use fighter jets to gain air supremacy.

Then use electronic warfare aircraft to destroy the enemy's radar, radio and all communication equipment. Control electromagnetic power!!!

Then use bombers to destroy ground targets.

Finally use the transport plane to airborne the ground troops. implement armed occupation.

UAVs may be used to conduct some reconnaissance and strike scattered targets.

When did it start? Drones became the representative of "advanced military technology"??

Which advanced country do you see boasting about its drones?

And Turkish drones are advanced???
Jokes.

You are absolutely right that we buy Indian agro products because it’s much cheaper than alternatives. And closer to the BD’s uncouth middle class.

I am asking BD’s uncouth and unsophisticated middle class to become a bit more civilised.

Dietary habits are a big sign of civilised behaviour.

You are what you eat.
What diet would you suggest then?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom