Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
Usain bolt has made the golden double of defending both 100mt & 200mt crown, but i don't understand why doesn't he take part in more races like 400mt or 800mt etc. He can easily assure more medals for Jamaica??

He ll have to win two bouts, its tough and the Japanese guy is pretty good.

2yzk55w.jpg

Usain bolt has made the golden double of defending both 100mt & 200mt crown, but i don't understand why doesn't he take part in more races like 400mt or 800mt etc. He can easily assure more medals for Jamaica??

For 400m and 800m you require speed endurance more than express speed. The 100m sprinters are not trained for that. At best they can do 200m, but that's it. Remember what happened to Sally Pearson in Delhi when she ran the 400m?

Last edited by a moderator:
London Olympics 2012 Wrestling: Amit Kumar to contest in repechage for bronze

London: Update: Georgia's Vladimer Khinchegashvili has won his semifinal bout against Shinichi Yumoto of Japan which means that India's Amit Kumar will now contest for bronze medal in repechage round.

Amit out of gold/silver contention

India's Amit Kumar lost his quarterfinal bout against Georgia's Vladimer Khinchegashvili. The 19-year-old grappler is now out of contention for a gold/silver but still has an outside chance of contesting in the repechage round for bronze provided his opponent (Vladimer) makes it to the final of the 55kg event.

As it happened

Period 2: Amit loses second period as well. He is out of contention for a gold/silver. He lost the 2nd period 3-1.

Period 1:Vladimer Khinchegashvili has won the first period 4-0. He is leading the bout 1-0. Amit failed to take the advantage of being in the clinched position.

The event has started.

Indian wrestler Amit Kumar (55kg) will square-off against Vladimer Khinchegashvili of Georgia in the quarterfinals.

Earlier, he defeated favorite Hassan Sabzali Rahimi of Iran 2-1 in the opening bout.

when is repechage bouts??

Its that if a wrestler defeats other wrestler in the first round and goes into the final then the wrestler who get defeated in the first round itself.

Gets a chance to fights with the very wrestler whom the wrestler in final have defeated after defeating him.

In simple word a wrestler defeated in 1st round by the guy in the final gets to fight in quarter final + Semi final opponent of the guy in the final.

If he does it successfully he gets a bronze medal.

guys can any one tell me next schedule of Indian wrestlers..

Daily around 6:15 IST on 11th and 12th of august.

On 11th you have Yogeshwar Dutt

and on 12th Shushil Kumar.

Dreams are nearly over. What exactly is the Indian tally so far in these Games?

Amit lost. 0-1, 0-1.He was bit unlucky. Both the rounds ended 0-0 and the Bulgarian guys won tosses twice to get the opportunity of clinching. Second time it appeared for a moment that Amit had nullified the clinch but he couldnt hold on and the Bulgarian secured a precious points. However I think Amit needs more tricks to be successful in highest level. He is only 18. So we can hope he will be a stronger wrestler next time.

Dreams are nearly over. What exactly is the Indian tally so far in these Games?

It is 0-1-3 ...till now. No Gold. Only hope is on Sushil Kumar on 12th August. Another experienced wrestler Yogeswar Dutt is also left.

^^^ i seriously think we are 4 medals short:

atleast 1 from archers
atleast 1 from tennis
atleast 1 more from shooting
atleast 1 from male boxers

we should had 8 medals till now & 1 more from wrestlers, so 9 total, i voted for 8-10 :hitwall:

i don't think we will get any more medals now :undecided:

Yah....Sushil Kumar is the best in team. He was a world Champion too (2009). Dutt is very experienced which matters a lot.

Today we want silver or atleast bronze.... But yogesh should make sure its not a tie or the toss will be done and we might lose.... By the way worlds two top fast runners USAIN BOLT AND BLAKE want to join IPL.... They desperate to get into IPL and want to earn big.... i never saw them play. The claim they are best Cricketers and they play for their country Club.... i think we should give them a chance in next Auction. It will bring IPL in spot light around world.... i mean IPL already in spot light but it will shine even more.... BLAKE claims he faster than Zaheer khan....

Back
Top Bottom