Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
Indians never perform under pressure, we have to work on it. So sad Sodhi is out. Vijay Kumar though has qualified for the next round (Finals)of Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol.

Kumari deepika no.1.... Sodi no.1.... Both are loosers. They only knows how to be world no.1 when real good shooters are absent.... Now our hope is kumar vijay.... And gagan narang but even gagan narang does not do well in 50M. Last time he got silver in CWG.... Our real hope is in wrestling and boxing.... Wrestling for Gold and boxing for silvers and bronze.... Sodi totaly dissapointed india.... By the way i saw news that Sodi got eliminated.... What a big Shame....

I see only one loser here and that is you, not someone competing at the highest level.

he messed up last few shots.... God knows what happens to our athletes on big stage.....First Deepika Kumari now Sodhi....

So who are out of our list of medal hopes-

1)Deepika
2)Woman Recurve team
3)Shiva Thapa/Sangwan (I considered at least one of them would reach semi-final)
4)Abhinav Brinda
5)Sodhi

P kashyap is facing 2nd seed in QF. very difficult to progress. Monoj Kumar will face Tom Staker of Uk. very unlikely to progress.
Devendro facing the fourth seed and silver medalist of 2008; but he can go through....

You forgot Mary Kom....For me i feel India have two athletes that are really gifted, Sania & Mary....My hopes have always been on them...

Events like Archery/shooting are like this....The king can come on road anytime.....Dont lose hope....We still have mary Kom, Saina, Vijendra,Devendro, Vikash, Sushil & Co, Sandhu, Gagan narang, Jaydeep....Vijoy Kumar, P Kashyap are doing well too....

You forgot Mary Kom....For me i feel India have two athletes that are really gifted, Sania & Mary....My hopes have always been on them...

:D I just calculated who are out and who are going to exit....

Events like Archery/shooting are like this....The king can come on road anytime.....

That is so true, the margin so small in these events that there is no certainty at all, not like other sports where more often than not the best team/player wins.

What is the lesson for us--

1)Encourage our kids if he/she is good in sports
2)Assist and encourage and guide if you see any talented boy or girl.
3)If you are influencial enough and hold high office, plz do something for the infrastructure.

Today our top athletes get attention,training ,foreign exposure but there is nothing in grassroot level. There is law of average. We will not succeed unless we have very big talent pool. The competition in domestic level should be high.....only then we can expect bag full of medal....

@Arp4021 i totaly agree with you.... But i guess the shooters paid for their own training. Sodi went germany to get trained.... Shooters got more traning and basic needs then the other players.... Sushil kumar been forced to eat rotten vegetables yet he will do far better. Bindra spend even more money yet he wasnt even qualify.... Money matters but winning hunger matters more....
@jaunty i guess you been eating beef in america.... You are turning into a real yankee.... My last reply to you....

There is a silent killer who had reached the semi finals but no one even the indian media did not mentioning about him.....he is Swaran singh from men's single skull rowing , he finished second in qualifying match...

@rhino i saw news that swaran singh reached semi-finals but not finals? Where he was placed overall? Its good news if he reached finals.... Sadly no one showing news on it? I wish swaran singh brings swaran padak for india.... Best of luck to him....

@rhino swaran singh already crashed out of olympics in finals two days ago.... i checked it just now.... Thats why he not in news....

By the way any news on kumar vijay? the link showing he at top in 2nd qualification round.... Will the score will be forwarded into the finals? When is the finals?....

There is a silent killer who had reached the semi finals but no one even the indian media did not mentioning about him.....he is Swaran singh from men's single skull rowing , he finished second in qualifying match...

He will compete for 9th to 13th position...I think you got confused by the term 'semifinal'.

Back
Top Bottom