What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
So explain what you mean by "they" and "officers".

Plus where did you get the idea "they" IGNORED her request...when the reason is clearly stated as unknown?

Omg seriously, haven't read news paper ? silly, you just come to rescue govt regardless of what im talking... Are the BJP supporters like you?

So explain what you mean by "they" and "officers".

Plus where did you get the idea "they" IGNORED her request...when the reason is clearly stated as unknown?

Not only that but this AAPtard underhandedly implied that instead of minister going there, they should have sent the physio.

a) She had access to the standard physio for Indian contingent while her personal one was not there

b) You are making a mountain out of a molehille given its "unknown" reasons why the personal physio did not go. Linking this to sports ministry automatically like you and that AAPtard @Prometheus are doing for cheap political points is quite silly

c) Read the below article

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio...physiotherapist-sai-gymnastics-final-2965880/

Dipa Karmakar’s physio on the way to Rio 2016 Olympics
Dipa Karmakar will be attended by her personal physio Sajad Ahmad in Rio prior to her Final in gymnastics.

Dipa Karmakar will get the personal attention of her physiotherapist with Sports Authority of India (SAI) urgently rushing Sajad Ahmad to the South American city in order to help her land India’s first gymnastics medal. The Tripura girl had initially asked for the physio before departing for Rio but the physio didn’t travel despite the approval from SAI.

Dipa and her coach Bishweshwar Nandi have requested Sports Minsitry and SAI to fly in her longtime phsyio now that the 23-year-old is in the Final after qualifying in the vault apparatus, reports The Telegraph.

The report says SAI had approved the trip to Rio but for an unknown reason, he didn’t travel with his ward. This forced Dipa to work with the physio attached with the Indian contingent in Rio de Janeiro.

Sports Minister Vijay Goel who is in Rio has also pushed the ministry to make sure Dipa gets everything she needs before her final on August 14 afternoon local time.

One IOA official said, “We support the decision of the ministry to send the physio. Dipa has turned out to be a medal contender and she should be given all support,” as per the report.

It has already been clear that requests for physios and staff by other members of the contingent have been denied earlier with Rohan Bopanna travelling with his personal physio.

The development also allowed shuttler Parupalli Kashyap to share that the badminton team’s physio in 2012 wasn’t allowed to enter the arena because of lack of accreditation. “Our Physio for badminton team Couldn’t enter the main arena as he was not given an accreditation,” he tweeted.

@DesiGuy1403

Too bad no qualified Chinese boxer met with Vikas for him to beat up :D

Better luck for your boxing men next time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics#Boxing

I don't like watching boxing so much, however, I am sure Chinese Boxer ever won the Golden Medal in Olympic.

Omg seriously, haven't read news paper ? silly, you just come to rescue govt regardless of what im talking... Are the BJP supporters like you?

Doubt any other govt that you lot are in love with would have bothered to send anything at all....late or otherwise.

Not only that but this AAPtard underhandedly implied that instead of minister going there, they should have sent the physio.

Pretty sad and desperate he is. Any chance they get they have to bring politics into it all, like they have such a great history under their great political parties.

Are you sick or what ... you people are so insecure about govt.. amazing guys, I said... " they refused to send her physio as she is sole member in Gymnastics... what a low life scums are these officers" ... where did i mentioned about govt in it... if he assume, that's not my prob... what a pity..

Doubt any other govt that you lot are in love with would have bothered to send anything at all....late or otherwise.

Pretty sad and desperate he is. Any chance they get they have to bring politics into it all, like they have such a great history under their great political parties.

it was your failed desperate attempt .. i didn't talked about govt.. but officers business class trips and ignoring her request... if you have anything apart love on BJP, go back and check my previous post.. purely continuation of it... You are the one, who is involving politics here... by dragging needless things.. am surprised, even if someone blame current govt.. you guys can't digest it..

it was your failed desperate attempt .. i didn't talked about govt.. but officers business class trips and ignoring her request... if you have anything apart love on BJP, go back and check my previous post.. purely continuation of it... You are the one, who is involving politics here... by dragging needless things.. am surprised, even if someone blame current govt.. you guys can't digest it..

Whole management of sporting needs to be changed and you are singling out this one incident as though India has had a stellar sport organisation before.

She got her physio now didn't she? Even this would not have been done under your favourite scamgress, that much is quite blatantly obvious.

Whole management of sporting needs to be changed and you are singling out this one incident as though India has had a stellar sport organisation before.

She got her physio now didn't she? Even this would not have been done under your favourite scamgress, that much is quite blatantly obvious.

I have read some news athletes teavel 36 straight restless hours in economy class and meanwhile officials went in business class.. And SAI reject to send physio with Deepika .. as she is only athlete, so they thought it was wasteful...

This is my first post related to physio... and the other is continuation of it... @Nilgiri.. I hope your inner soul is at peace.. I can't believe you guys, are having such blind love.... can't even digest if anyone blame current govt... It was you who is politicising every thing
... not me..

learn to seek explanation, before you say something..

Typical South Asian mentality and it's third world politicians.. Nobody really care for the reputation on the nation

This is my first post related to physio... and the other is continuation of it... @Nilgiri.. I hope your inner soul is at peace.. I can't believe you guys, are having such blind love.... can't even digest if anyone blame current govt... It was you who is politicising every thing
... not me..

learn to seek explanation, before you say something..

Would someone with blind love say the whole upper management needs an overhaul and reform?

The state of Boxing in India is in a shambles, are we going to blame a few officers for that too?

This is all what we have inherited from a terrible mismanagement by one party in India's history that has been in power for multiple decades.

Now the bureaucracy is finally being reformed, but sports is not a tier A priority when we have such a mess in much more crucial things.

So inserting your remarks about "scum officers" as though they are the only culprits in what is effectively a huge cancerous tumour in a diabetic body created over many many years that athletes have to fight against rather than get support from....is unfair when the sporting minister (that the prometheus character called an idiot) approached the gymnast personally and got everything sorted out....something that is quite different from what would have been done under anyone else.

In a thread where we are trying to build up goodwill for Indian team, nitpicking every single thing that we know is wrong with the administration sickens me. It gets a political angle whether you want it or not (when someone calls a minister an idiot, esp when he helped the gymnast in question later)....so I would advise sticking to just talking about the results for this tread.

Now if you personally did not mean for it to turn out this way, I apologise...but we must welcome the incremental steps and improvements rather than only blame officers. I mean was it even the same officers that travelled business class or whatever that denied the physio for the gymnast? Why are assumptions being made when some news articles are stating the reasons for the initial inaccompaniment as unknown? Let us wait and see, hopefully a review will be done and a capable leader like Modi will bring the spirit of reform to this sector too.

But I am not going to rush to call anyone a scum or idiot till the dust settles, more information is available and we have more hindsight as to who, what where and why. Indian media is notoriously bad as well when reporting such issues.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom