What's new

Indian obsession with fairness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard about this 'dark is beautiful' campaign through the Guardian website, spearheaded by nandita das. It is pretty much about challenging the Indian obsession for fair skin and making people feel insecure of having a darker skin color (like me :D)

As I don't have 30 posts, I can't post links. But you search dark is beautiful and get articles what it is about.

What do you guys think?

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

India and The Indians.

If Indians change their obsession from loving fair skin to loving dark skin then many Indian women will end up marrying African men and that will make Indian men mad like Hell !

LOL! more black the merrier... lets go black what say you...

Indian obsession with fairness

What do you guys think?

Indian couples seek ‘white’ donors for fair kids
Indian couples seek

In May, a Delhi-based couple in their forties had twins through a surrogate mother, who carried an embryo created from the husband’s sperm and eggs from a ‘white’ donor.

The couple wanted a donor with ‘very fair’ skin, but as someone with such special physical attributes was not available on Indian databases, the couple decided to look abroad for Caucasian or ‘white’ egg donors.

Through a foreign agency, the couple contacted a young unma-rried woman from the West, who came to a Mumbai clinic and donated her eggs.

She was paid about Rs. 8 lakh — a package that included cost of her stay, food and travel. The fertilised embryo was then transferred to an Indian surrogate who delivered the baby.

“The husband is very fair and they wanted to have a fair child. We could not get an egg donor who could match the husband’s complexion and, hence, a Caucasian donor was selected,” said Dr Duru Shah, who runs a private clinic at Peddar Road. “The donor is a student who wanted to fund her nursing course and so agreed.”

According to infertility experts, easily accessible websites and donor-finding agencies have brought foreign sperm and egg donors just a click away from Indian couples.

why would calling any girl gorgeous be offensive.. chinese dont live in tribal society.

Because what he is trying to say is --> She is the ONLY good looking Chinese girl !

No wonder why fair Pakistani beauty actresses and actors are always recruited by Indian media industry.

@AsianUnion what upwith you man reopening 3-4 year old threads. And this is NOT the first time you have done this. You are regularly digging up old threads and reopening them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom