What's new

Indian obsession with fairness

Status
Not open for further replies.
All people of South Asian descent want to be fair.

They have the obsession of what they see on TV and majority of actors/actresses are fair doesn't help this trend either.

桃姐 is very good, one of the best recent films from HK.

It's very simple though, no action or shooting or anything like that. Just a story of social problems in HK Chinese society, especially with respect to the elderly.

So don't expect Chow Yun Fat style shooting or anything. :smokin:

I agree. :tup: I have started watching mainland movies more than HK movies nowadays.

Can you recommend some good ones? :) I really liked Assembly (集结号) from 2008 and The Message (风声) from 2009. Those really blew me away, they were amazing.

Haha, well, generally mainland movie is not so popular as HK movie, but there is still some good ones. I highly recommend 致我们终将逝去的青春 and 搜索, the former talks about love stories about 1980s China, Zhaowei is the director. 搜索 is a suspense movie, I like Gao yuanyuan, the actress. And 中国合伙人,四大名捕,鸿门宴... I can't remember if there are some other good movies.

Mainland also have many rubbish movies such as tiny times, what a sh!t movie.

Haha, well, generally mainland movie is not so popular as HK movie, but there is still some good ones. I highly recommend 致我们终将逝去的青春 and 搜索, the former talks about love stories about 1980s China, Zhaowei is the director. 搜索 is a suspense movie, I like Gao yuanyuan, the actress. And 中国合伙人,四大名捕,鸿门宴... I can't remember if there are some other good movies.

Mainland also have many rubbish movies such as tiny times, what a sh!t movie.

Thanks buddy, I will go and download those movies now. :woot:

I've heard of many of these actually, I just never got around to watching them. I'll definitely download them all. :D

Back to the topic, what skin color do you prefer?

I like them both (fair and tanned) a lot. Though if I'm brutally honest, I prefer slightly fairer over tanned.

Call me racist but I like all girls ( white Brown Asian ) but not black :P They are loud fat and have fake hair :3

But that's not to do with skin color though, right?

-----------

I think this below would probably be my ideal in terms of skin color (just in my opinion), just very slightly tanned:

Hahaha Zhao Wei of course. :P Everybody loves Zhao Wei.

9bjc.jpg

But that's not to do with skin color though, right?

-----------

I think this below would probably be ideal in terms of skin color, just very slightly tanned:

Is she Taiwanese? Yea not much to do with skin color. Hot is hot what ever color ^_^

I find all the hot Asian girls here are from Taiwan :P

That's because most of the older generation immigrants to the West are from HK or Taiwan, due to travel control for mainlanders in the past.

But genetically there is no real difference between the three, all are mixes of the same Chinese groups. Hong Kong is 95% Han Chinese and Taiwan is 98% Han Chinese.

Well when the whole Miss America thing happened, A New Zealander friend of mine brought that up. It is funny to see Indians rage because, if she was born in India, she would not have even been given a second look because of how dark she is.

That's because most of the older generation immigrants to the West are from HK or Taiwan, due to travel control for mainlanders in the past.

But genetically there is no real difference between the three, all are mixes of the same Chinese groups. Hong Kong is 95% Han Chinese and Taiwan is 98% Han Chinese.

When it comes to Mainland China girls:),Chongqing Girls are the best looking in whole of Mainland China,most of their Miss China beauties come from chongqing or Chengdu province.

Traditionally/historically most societies on Earth (especially Asian ones) tended to prefer lighter skin, because darker skin signified that someone had to work in the sun all day and was therefore more likely to be poor.

Nowadays, the distinction is no longer clear, because a lot of rich people go on holidays and get very tanned. So in the future it may even be reversed, tanned skin for example is a desired trait in Western societies today.

It is true that fairness is still an issue in East Asian society, to the extent that East Asian women (who are naturally pale) will sometimes often go the extra step, and deliberately try to become paler, by staying out of the sun for example.

This is too pale:

fan-bingbing-37.jpg

Whereas this color is more natural:

n7en.jpg

This is Blasphemy
You must provide names of these Girls so I can Google them

I heard about this 'dark is beautiful' campaign through the Guardian website, spearheaded by nandita das. It is pretty much about challenging the Indian obsession for fair skin and making people feel insecure of having a darker skin color (like me :D)

As I don't have 30 posts, I can't post links. But you search dark is beautiful and get articles what it is about.

What do you guys think?
Ok ... False flagger ... ur if really a Keralite talk in malayalam ...

Thats the reason u where not replying to any malayalees in ur introductory thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom