What's new

Indian Navy updates from chief's press conference

We can develop such techs for the future of course, but that doesn't mean we have to put our forces in operational disadvantage with less capable arms. PN and PLAN already have SSKs with AIP and we really should stick with normal diesel-electric subs until we sometimes will be ready to develop such a sub on our own???

I can only repeat it, we must get rid of the idea that indigenous development is the only or best way we have for self-relience! We have the huge advantage of co-developments and that the world sees us as a possible production hub for their arms and techs. That gives us access to latest techs, with higher quality, in less time, with less costs and delays!
Instead of developing a 5th gen AMCA alone, team up with Dassault and Embraer, which offers more advantages for Indian forces as well as Indian industry through exports. Instead of developing AURA UCAV alone, team up with Israel, instead of just procuring additional Scorpene or U214 subs and developing an AIP SSK alone, combine it to a long term partnership to develop a NG AIP SSK, that jointly will be developed and offered for exports as.
Instead of simply buying Mi 26T2 or Chinook, team up with Eurocopter on their Future Transport Helicopter development, instead of developing HTT 40 trainer alone, team up with EADS and jointly develop and offer it for EADS partner airforces and export countries.
Instead of developing IAC 2 alone, team up with France and Brazil, since both countries wants at least 1 similar CATOBAR carrier for their navies. That reduces costs and increased the possibility of a joint AMCA development too.

There are so many possibilities for us currently, but we blind ourselfs with the hunt for indigenous developments, only to brag t that we can do something that other countries did years or even decades ago.

I am all for joint ventures and codevelopments, since they too help us build our capabilities. I was only arguing against outright purchase.

I am all for joint ventures and codevelopments, since they too help us build our capabilities. I was only arguing against outright purchase.

I know, but we (Indians) tend to ignore the operational disadvantages for our forces and the national security, only because we want to see more indigenous arms and techs, that's why I made this general statement, it wasn't meant to you only.

Back
Top Bottom