What's new

Indian Navy prepares for Trials of Submarine version of BrahMos Missile

For strategic strikes, i mean the subs can expose itself above water for sometime, launch the missile and submerge again. Since 300 km is a safe distance from which it can strike, there is less risk of enemy forces sinking it so soon

Err!!!

The sub CAN fire its missile from its womb anywhere from 10 to 50 meters underwater/submerged, that also in a cruising mode - why the FK it has to surface and be the target of prying satellites and be detected?

You're discounting aerial ASW platforms.

Well yeah risk should be taken. I feel sub version should be a safe 500 km range, where it can attack with impunity.
ASW platforms are risks to us, but sometimes taking risks wins war.

Err!!!

The sub CAN fire its missile from its womb anywhere from 10 to 50 meters underwater/submerged, that also in a cruising mode - why the FK it has to surface and be the target of prying satellites and be detected?

When its submerged subs have difficulties in getting signals from satellite dude. And sonar have an limited range only. So such systems have to be integrated with satellites, which guides the missile to its target. But for locking the target, it may need to surface for few moments.

Please refer to post 36 mate. Yes it can.

I feel its tough.

Well yeah risk should be taken. I feel sub version should be a safe 500 km range, where it can attack with impunity.
ASW platforms are risks to us, but sometimes taking risks wins war.

France is offering submarine launched MICA for such aerial ASW platforms for P-75i submarines.

Last edited by a moderator:
3-300 Hz doesn't provide the bandwidth required to track any moving target like ships, nor can it provide mid course guidance to anti-ship missiles.

Such bandwidth can only transmit GPS coordinates for land targets.
What I am saying is that sub will launch the missile after receiving the coordinates, after missile breaks water barrier, command establishes the connection with Missile among other friendly assets in range. So it will provide the data like this without exposing sub to either satellites or ASW threats. Something like team work. This why we building net centric system.

When its submerged subs have difficulties in getting signals from satellite dude. And sonar have an limited range only. So such systems have to be integrated with satellites, which guides the missile to its target. But for locking the target, it may need to surface for few moments.

Surfacing for few moments, why? locking the target? do you know how submarine's fire system control work with different missiles? No nuke sub surfaces to fire missile n get detected.....

Are you out to invent something new in sub warfare?

Back
Top Bottom