What's new

Indian Navy prepares for Trials of Submarine version of BrahMos Missile

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian Navy prepares for Trials of Submarine version of BrahMos Cruise Missile : Russian Radio

Trials of the underwater version of Indo-Russian supersonic ‘BrahMos’ cruise missile for submarines have been scheduled for early March, an official of the company told Russian media on the sidelines of Aero India 2013 expo, which opened in Bangalore yesterday.

According the official Russia is ready to offer India ‘Amur-1650’ submarines armed with Club and BrahMos cruise missiles. Presently the Russian submarine project is armed with Club cruise missiles launched from horizontal torpedo tubes; the Indian navy is well acquainted with theme.

BrahMos can find its place on ‘Amur-1650’ submarine in an additional compartment with vertical launch tubes. BrahMos missile jointly produced by Indo-Russian “BrahMos Aerospace” is capable of hitting targets within the range of 290 kilometres flying at the height of 10 metres over the surface. BrahMos cruise missiles have been already inducted in Indian Army and surface ships of the Indian Navy.

The way they are inducting this missile in every platform, i highly doubt on the range of missile. 290 km does not seem right to me.

The way they are inducting this missile in every platform, i highly doubt on the range of missile. 290 km does not seem right to me.

Exactly why would someone want a 290 km missile on a submarine. There surely is more than what meets the eyes.

Exactly why would someone want a 290 km missile on a submarine. There surely is more than what meets the eyes.

290 Km range is not bad when you can hit the target will supersonic speed.
Just imagine the missile hitting target just seconds after the radar pick it up. No time for countering. More like a sure hit.

But my concern is, if we add vertical silos in Amur 1650, then it won't have any space for AIP systems.

amur9501.jpg

Unless the frame is redesigned and elongated to fit both. But who'll fund the development costs? :undecided:

Finally some good news about Brahmos SLCM .

What is the intended platform ???

Is their any technique or any missile in whole world by which we can merge the qualities of NIRBHAY & Brahmos in 1 missile? It will be hard to track considering the terrain hugging tech & high speed + longer range. Real deadly missile if integrated with stealth bombers & subs.

I knew it. Since brahmos has the same cap like Sagarika for under-sea launch, which gets jettisoned during launch!!

Back
Top Bottom