What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

I think Kaveri engine non viable because of small number.
If thats the case navy should have upgraded those first 3 ships with barak 1.

GTRE kaunsa mega busy hai, even three units for them should be good enough to earn thier keep.
More than the Rajput class, I am waiting for the Delhi Class Destroyer upgrades, the 16 cell KH35 might be replaced by Brahmos or the Klub N.

The only issue I feel is shtil is a Kub variant S2A missile, I was hoping for a AShM upgrade from the KH35 version.
Sorry,forget to mention. Bramhos is also part of the upgrade.
yeah,but still shtil is good enough.

Sorry,forget to mention. Bramhos is also part of the upgrade.
yeah,but still shtil is good enough.
I think Shtil was already upgraded to Barak 1, I did not read the part about brahmos, is it a 8 Cell replacement. Also a good thing about KH35 replacement is, they are a variant of air launched version on which DRDO heavily participated for turning them into the Ship launched version. With a change in LLID board, it will easy to use the missile stockpile in IN Air wing with utmost ease....

I think Shtil was already upgraded to Barak 1, I did not read the part about brahmos, is it a 8 Cell replacement. Also a good thing about KH35 replacement is, they are a variant of air launched version on which DRDO heavily participated for turning them into the Ship launched version. With a change in LLID board, it will easy to use the missile stockpile in IN Air wing with utmost ease....
Barak 1 (point defence) is not a replacement for medium range SAM Shtil.
Following are the delhi upgrades :
  • Old Uragan shtil SAM replaced by VLS shtil-1.
  • New data transmission and storage system.
  • Subsonic Kh-35 replaced by Brahmos.
  • Fregat M2EM airsearch radar replacing older Fregat MAE version.
  • ACTAS active towed array sonar replacing current VDS(variable depth sonar)
  • Possible - HUMSA-NG passive sonar replacing older HUMSA passive sonar.
  • OTO Melara's 127/64 LW main gun
Total SAMs will be 32 barak 1 + 24 Shtil VL = 56

Delhi-Class Destroyers & Talwar-Class Frigates To be Armed With 8-Cell VLS Lanched BrahMos Missiles
Indian Navy selects OTO Melara 127/64 LW gun - IHS Jane's 360
credits : @Chanakya's_Chant

EXCLUSIVE: Indo-Israeli LRSAM Range Extended By A Third

The Indo-Israeli LRSAM/Barak-8 began its first hot trials with the Israeli Navy in May this year. In what could be the single most significant development in the weapon system's long-drawn journey, the Indian Navy has confirmed to Livefist that the LRSAM will sport an operational range a third higher than initially agreed upon. In effect, the LRSAM's range now moves from 70-km to in excess of 90-km or higher. Range upgrade discussions took place in November last year following a land test in Israel.

IAI and India's DRDO missile cluster (led by the DRDL) that have jointly developed the missile system, designated the Barak 8 for Israel and yet to be officially named in India, have begun work on boosting weapon range.

With preliminary integration activity already on, Livefist can also confirm that the LRSAM is all set to undergo its first test firing from Indian Navy destroyer INS Kolkata in November-December this year in the Arabian Sea. The weapon system is intended for a host of frontline surface combatants, including all future fighting ships of the Indian Navy.

Top Navy tell Livefist that while the 2nd Kolkata-class destroyer Kochi set to enter service on September 30, like the first ship of its class, sports a BEL-built HUMSA NG bow mounted sonar, the contracted active towed array sonar will be integrated within the next 16-18 months.

INS Trikand at Toulon France.

12020034_943078142397476_266789422833567052_n.jpg

12006244_943078149064142_4592422347885627933_n.jpg

12032951_943078199064137_3425428378020058485_n.jpg

Source: Livefist

INS_VIRAAT_GCFB_IN_2562657f.jpg

Captain Rajesh Pendharkar (left), commanding officer of aircraft carrier INS Viraat, arrives on the flight deck of the vessel for an interaction with the media. In the backdrop is the first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, undergoing outfitting at the moment.— Photo: Thulasi Kakkat

INS_VIRAAT_GCFB_IN_2562657f.jpg

Captain Rajesh Pendharkar (left), commanding officer of aircraft carrier INS Viraat, arrives on the flight deck of the vessel for an interaction with the media. In the backdrop is the first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, undergoing outfitting at the moment.— Photo: Thulasi Kakkat
Still lot of work is to be done I think

Back
Top Bottom