What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Yes guy, India has wonderful missiles. Now please remove chips from shoulders and take a deep breath..

I have proved maitri is as capable as CAMM in terms of Indian Navy requirements.
You are also correct in a regular MICA Vs CAMM scenario. (Development of both is a decade apart and incidentally by the same company :p:)
subjective and objective ways of looking things muh..? :coffee:
Where did you prove anything?

VL Mica uses the existing Mica air-to-air missile, available with active radar or infrared seekers, fired in a lock-on-after-launch mode to provide ship protection out to a maximum range of 20km.
Capable of ranges of more than 25km, CAMM uses an active radar seeker
http://www.janes.com/article/45337/missile-pairing-pitched-to-indonesian-navy-id14d1

CAMM has a minimum operational range of less than 1 km and a maximum range greater than 25 km, although IHS Jane's reports that trials have a shown a capability of up to 60 km These ranges are significantly greater than the 1–10 km range of Sea Wolf and other systems CAMM will replace
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAMM_(missile_family)

With an expected operational range of at least 25 km (trials are understood to have shown a capability to travel 60 km) and a maximum missile speed of Mach 3.0
UK orders next-generation air defence system from MBDA - IHS Jane's 360

While the VL MICA has an advertised range of 20 km, aerodynamic performance is significantly degraded at those ranges. From 0 to 7 km MICA has maneuverability of 50g, however by 12 km this is reduced to 30g as energy is lost
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MICA_(missile)

To minimise ship impact, Sea Ceptor installation on the Type 23s has been engineered to use existing GWS 26 Mod 1 infrastructure and interface points. CAMM missiles will be fitted in the existing VL Seawolf silo (one canister per cell for a maximum of 32 missiles).
All go for Sea Ceptor [DSEi15D4] - IHS Jane's 360
Seawolf GWS26 is 3m long, diamer 18cm. CAMM is supposed to replace it on the Type 23. That's how CAMM got its (limited) length. Also , IIRC CAMM was designed to be compatible with VL Mica naval self contained launch tube.
That's why the dimensions are similar to Mica.

For smaller ships, a simple bespoke quad-pack launcher (occupying the same space as a Seawolf canister) will be available.
UK Complex Weapons – Part 5 (Common Anti-Air Modular Missile) - Think Defence

Project 15 B is no more Bangalore Class Destroyers.
Project 15 B has been names
Visakhapatnam-class destroyers

Name of ships will be
INS Visakhapatnam
INS Porbandar
INS Mormugao
INS Paradip

Project 15 B is no more Bangalore Class Destroyers.
Project 15 B has been names
Visakhapatnam-class destroyers

Name of ships will be
INS Visakhapatnam
INS Porbandar
INS Mormugao
INS Paradip
It's an old video my friend

India most likely to buy 3 frigates (11356) that has been left without UKRmade turbines due to sanctions

India most likely to buy 3 frigates (11356) that has been left without UKRmade turbines due to sanctions
The number is four and most of them will be build in Pipavav Shipyard, off the shelf numbers will be minimum.

CzPM1Pu.jpg

Kashin Class Launching Brahmos

Ministry of Defence
25-September, 2015 15:08 IST
Rear Admiral Sanjay Mahindru Takes Over as Flag Officer Submarines

Rear Admiral Sanjay Mahindru, NM has assumed the duties of Flag Officer Submarines from Rear Admiral SV Bokhare, today, 25 September 2015. Rear Admiral Mahindru was commissioned on 01 January 85, and has served 27 years in the Submarine Arm. He has commanded a conventional submarine, frigate and a destroyer prior assuming Command of nuclear submarine Arihant. Whilst serving ashore, the officer commanded the Navy's Submarine Training Establishment and been a Director at Naval Headquarters. He is an alumnus of prestigious College of Naval Warfare and has also completed the Staff Course in the United Kingdom.

i201592501.JPG

i201592502.JPG

The funny thing is these rajput class destro's field Brahmos- one of the most advanced AShM's along with P15 Termits, the same missile we used in 1971 in Op Trident and Python.
I think those three Rajputs without brahmos will be decommissioned soon. rite?

I think those three Rajputs without brahmos will be decommissioned soon. rite?
I think these are double hulled ships and have a quite good super structure, I think these ships were slated to recieve the Kaveri KMGT engine for life extension.

I think these are double hulled ships and have a quite good super structure, I think these ships were slated to recieve the Kaveri KMGT engine for life extension.
I think Kaveri engine non viable because of small number.
If thats the case navy should have upgraded those first 3 ships with barak 1.

Back
Top Bottom