What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

21KI_VICE-ADMIRAL__2216333f.jpg

B285AR7CEAAWA-i.jpg:large

Navy Fest 2014 in Kochi.

I wonder what the mannequin is depicting, the new standard issue uniform for the force protection/security sailors?

@Koovie @Water Car Engineer @kurup @Gessler

No major difference except the color :meeting:

Ok knee cap, new helmet..

Last edited:
Had a query. IN 320 seems to have 2 bumps in the front section on the left side behind the nose and 1 on the right. This seems to be vice versa. Any idea why?

Not sure if they are part of the EW system, but the pics without the system are old once from flight testing stages I guess, eventually they will have it on both sides:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-9GhvIRV_2_A/U...ndian-Navy-Boeing-P-8I-Aircraft-IN-320-13.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-VS8Fksxmnos/U...ndian-Navy-Boeing-P-8I-Aircraft-IN-320-01.jpg

All sizes | Nose On Neptune | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

story ended
So Sad

India's first aircraft carrier INS Vikrant(R11), which was built for the British Royal Navy as HMS Hercules in 1943 and which saw action during the India-Pakistan war in 1971, is being finally broken up
On 14 August 2014, the Supreme Court rejected the PIL and cleared the way for the warship to be scrapped. As of September 2014, Vikrant was beached off Darukhana in Mumbai Port, awaiting the final clearances of the Mumbai Port Trust. Scrapping was scheduled to begin on 6 September and is intended to be completed by mid-2015.
View attachment 155344

But i think Indian government should preserve it for coming Generations.

Thyssenkrupp seeking a buyer for its naval business group | Defense Update:

HDW is on sale. ,. Will indian private companies procure it ?

No, German government surely will prefer to keep in in house since it's a strategically important company, that's why they will support the Rheinmetall offer. DCNS showed interests in joining with HDW before, which German government also rejected.
Sad, would be a huge push for Indian naval industry to benefit from HDW's know how.

Back
Top Bottom