What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Lets conclude that IN is helpless against PN as ''we have no idea what they can do''. So lets stop this senseless argument with a knowledgeable pakistani defence analyst and keep this very good thread clean. Thanks.

his thesis is based on assumptions and speculations which doesn't hold any water.

@Oscar
can you please clean this thread. why will China give Pak SU MKK? this is IN discussion.. I don't understand what are we talking.

No, Shaheen-1 has many variants and the first version was tested & developed to breach India's air defenses and hit very quickly with precision it was not a ballistic missile, but after babur PA never showed it. PN also have capability to launch missiles from submarines but they can't launch SLBMs.

@danger007 kindly stop bringing 71 as its 21st century and PN have evolve much more if you compare it with 71.
you are clueless .. you don't even have proper knowledge. . Shaheen 1 and 1A are the variants... it is SRBM. .. CEP around 50m to 200M. .. stop your delusional talk... you are arguments are pointless. .. SLBM? ??? lol...

Do you have any idea of International Relations and current situation after Ukraine crisis??

Our few pilots are already familiar with Su-30MKKs so we can acquire them or J-11Bs to take care of your Migs-29Ks & CBG and China will not deny as it has huge investment there.
oh my god... they might help you with supplies .. don't think they will give MKK just like that... it take years to mature that platform. . coming to 50 JF 17... from where did you get that they are built already ...

@Oscar @Basel seems another Nishan please take care of him..

Last edited:
I did not said that we know MKIs, I said that we can acquire MKKs or 11Bs in emergency as our F-16s elite pilots have plenty hours under their belt flying those.
so are you saying F 16 will be grounded ???? As Elite pilots might be busy reading Manual of MKK ...

you are clueless .. you don't even have proper knowledge. . Shaheen 1 and 1A are the variants... it is SRBM. .. CEP around 50m to 200M. .. stop your delusional talk... you are arguments are pointless. .. SLBM? ??? lol...

I m not clueless it people like you who don't know what we have or not, you people are internet warriors who think that you are the ones who are buying stuff and best doctrine but its good for us because in arrogance & over confidence people make critical mistakes.

Initial version of Shaheed was shown on TV and it was clearly said that it is quick response missile to hit targets in India which are very highly guarded by air defense, it was Pakistan's first true deep strike weapon.

but after arrival of Babur it was never shown or discussed.

oh my god... they might help you with supplies .. don't think they will give MKK just like that... it take years to mature that platform. . coming to 50 JF 17... from where did you get that they are built already ...

because they were ordered after 2 May Osama ops from US.

so are you saying F 16 will be grounded ???? As Elite pilots might be busy reading Manual of MKK ...

Nope, it shows that PAF have option to have them that is why they sent elite pilots with more then 1000 hrs on F-16s to fly MKKs. PAF pilots are no short in numbers for F-16s.

Last edited:
@Oscar please delete all non related posts to this thread, including mine if there are any.

Regards,

I m not clueless it people like you who don't know what we have or not, you people are internet warriors who think that you are the ones who are buying stuff and best doctrine but its good for us because in arrogance & over confidence people make critical mistakes.

Initial version of Shaheed was shown on TV and it was clearly said that it is quick response missile to hit targets in India which are very highly guarded by air defense, it was Pakistan's first true deep strike weapon.

but after arrival of Babur it was never shown or discussed.

in which world you are living Does Shaheen 1 got seekers or ASBM version??? no... you want fire BM on ships... do you know CEP of Shaheen 1.. don't derail the thread with your fascinating replies ...

in which world you are living Does Shaheen 1 got seekers or ASBM model??? no... you want fire BM on ships... do you know CEP of Shaheen 1.. don't derail the thread with your fascinating replies ...

Feel happy whatever you think. we may be going off topic here and its not good, and a Indian member has also complained to @Oscar

Feel happy whatever you think. we may be going off topic here and its not good, and a Indian member has also complained to @Oscar
my self complained to Oscar...

1. The thread is about Indian navy news. .
2. China will not lend it's squadron just like that...
3. you can't counter ships with BM without proper seekers... ASBM and BOTH are different.
3. PAF may be or may not be come to Aid.. it depends on threat perception that PAF facing.. just because you have 50 JF 17 in Airforce .. whole fleet can't be field against IN by putting PAF into red zone...
4. Pak don't have enough AWACS to split for both PAF and PN. If AWACS get hit... then PN will be a blind fish...
5. PN don't have enough fire power... as you mentioned earlier it is not 71... yes you are right... IN moved leap ahead by fielding best available flotilla ...Karmota ASW vessel and most advanced P-8I is bought to face the Sub threat...
6. IN vessels got better Air defence system Like Barak. . which PN don't have. ..
7.Chinese premier announced 50 JF 17 on fastrack. . you are talking about it right... except you everyone stopped talking about them...
8. IN adding 5 vessels least every year..... and PN lack of funds ...

LOL! We've been over this too.

His (allegedly and Prasun Sengupta's actual utterances on the matter) harebrained notion of an internal reloading mechanism is inane, it does NOT EXIST! Detailed posts as to why exist on the P-15A and P-15B threads with proper explanations of VLU technology and UNREP procedures.
But this latest article on 7th august also clearly stating the number of LR SAM is 64..
Also the ship cost is not 1 billion but 2 billion dollars..
Destroyer ready for PM photo-op, not fighting fit

But this latest article on 7th august also clearly stating the number of LR SAM is 64..
Also the ship cost is not 1 billion but 2 billion dollars..
Destroyer ready for PM photo-op, not fighting fit

They have got it wrong, they have assumed that like the Delhi class destroyers the Kolkata also has 1 8*2 cell Brak-1 VLU in place of the fore CIWS AK-630 each. IF that had been the case then yes the Kolkata would have carried 32 Barak-8 and 32 Barak-1 BUT the Kolkata does not carry ANY Barak-1 (note the absence of the STGR on either side of the VSR mast, the Barak-1 is a CLOS missile, no STGR = no Barak-1). The ship, as per the current design, can carry only 32 Barak-8, and even those cells are empty since the Barak-8 has not entered service with the IN at the moment.

They have got it wrong, they have assumed that like the Delhi class destroyers the Kolkata also has 1 8*2 cell Brak-1 VLU in place of the fore CIWS AK-630 each. IF that had been the case then yes the Kolkata would have carried 32 Barak-8 and 32 Barak-1 BUT the Kolkata does not carry ANY Barak-1 (note the absence of the STGR on either side of the VSR mast, the Barak-1 is a CLOS missile, no STGR = no Barak-1). The ship, as per the current design, can carry only 32 Barak-8, and even those cells are empty since the Barak-8 has not entered service with the IN at the moment.

Why no Barak-1 ??? o_O

Back
Top Bottom