What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

If your ships come to block karachi then 1 or 2 subs (Augosta 70s with AShM) backed by Azmat & MRTP class boats, MPAs & Coastal Battries can be effective for sea denial them if PN don't want to bring their big surface combatants

depends, ships won't just enter karachi block, ASW aircrafts with close air and ground support from Mig-29k would enter the air and INS Kolkata would cover the sea

Its not that easy as you say buddy, ask a professional about it.
20 ASW aircrafts with advanced sensors plus other small ASW aircraft would be closely watching the coast, probability of detecting is very high

What Indians can't understand is that Sea Denial is always cheaper than Sea Control.

No, PN don't have to deploy all of its assets and they have plenty option to defend that part of coast as IN will be operating very far from their coast they will be the ones in stress & pressure, even coastal batteries, Z-9s, Sea Kings with AShM & sub hunting capability will be big threat to Ships & Subs and will be able to cover whole 370 km wide coast. If your ships come to block karachi then 1 or 2 subs (Augosta 70s with AShM) backed by Azmat & MRTP class boats, MPAs & Coastal Battries can be effective for sea denial them if PN don't want to bring their big surface combatants

Its not that easy as you say buddy, ask a professional about it.

the combined battle group itself has the capability to defend against incoming submarine threats, with air borne ASW capabilities. More over .. there are 4LDP which will be commissioned to accommodate helis specially for anti sub warfare. Under such high build up, I don't think PN submarines will be able to do first strike against any CBG. Plus IN will be acquiring naval helis for this task ;) The point is PN navy has to to come far to hunt IN and without air support.

We also have Aerostat & TPS-77 to detect your Brahmos and engage them with ground based assets, and Babur will be flying around your radar ranges and I hope before using Babur Pakistan use YJ-12 ARM to take out enemy radar at long distances. Also PAF will use Ra'ad & CM-400AKG against fixed targets too.

brahmos can be detected yes

I am sorry, babur could not fly around the radar, pakistani strip has heavy coverage of radar
Moment pakistan destroys an Indian radar hell would break lose, counter operation would take place, hence the surprise element would be lost

babur is a risk pakistan will never take
It is nuclear tipped and would send a wrong signal to the other side

depends, ships won't just enter karachi block, ASW aircrafts with close air and ground support from Mig-29k would enter the air and INS Kolkata would cover the sea

First your Migs-29Ks were going Gulf of Oman now they simultaneously coming to Karachi, your one carrier will to much stressed, remember PAF AWACS will be looking for air & sea & will be working with P-3 which can launch Harpoon block-II missiles & torpedoes.

but in case of war, where China has 60 submarines and Pakistan has almost 7 don't you think it will be important to invest more on airborne ASW capability to increase the operating range so that enemy vessel is detected before it can act. Indian Ocean Region is vast and since India operates ACs, the direct threat to them is submarine.

ASW Capability: YES. Which is happening as I have explained in my post above.

Helicopter Carriers: NOT NECESSARILY, also as I have explained above.

N.B. the Chinese Sub capability is not an imminent threat, they have to deal with the USN first. They are up to their necks already with that. Apart from that; just remember your Geography lessons from school :)
It still works in favor of the IN in the IOR.

brahmos can be detected yes
I am sorry, babur could not fly around the radar, pakistani strip has heavy coverage of radar
Moment pakistan destroys an Indian radar hell would break lose, counter operation would take place, hence the surprise element would be lost

Pakistan knows that you have huge numbers in all departments so it has developed or acquired specific systems in good number to deny India dominance at sea, air & land do don't worry I know what we can do but can't discuss all here.

Please be happy and if you think you can beat us know please try it and you will know what we can & can't do. :D

We also have Aerostat & TPS-77 to detect your Brahmos and engage them with ground based assets, and Babur will be flying around your radar ranges and I hope before using Babur Pakistan use YJ-12 ARM to take out enemy radar at long distances. Also PAF will use Ra'ad & CM-400AKG against fixed targets too.

F-16 and mirrage will fly from somewhere near faisalabad all the way towards gulf of oman or mid arabian sea to bomb? Not happening.

First your Migs-29Ks were going Gulf of Oman now they simultaneously coming to Karachi, your one carrier will to much stressed, remember PAF AWACS will be looking for air & sea & will be working with P-3 which can launch Harpoon block-II missiles & torpedoes.
since its a hypothetical scenario, with no time frame, India will have 2 AC ready, could be migs, rafale or lca
Cover could be given by navy or AF, in that case again could be migs, rafale, su-30, mirage

India has P8i with harpoon and Tu-142 and II-32s with russian sweets

F-16 and mirrage will fly from somewhere near faisalabad all the way towards gulf of oman or mid arabian sea to bomb? Not happening.

If India attack's tomorrow then PAF's JF-17 can carry CM-400AKG with PL-5E & SD-10s Supported by M-3s or F-7PGs to go after your IN in Gulf of Oman.

JF-17s can also carry Ra'ad and other stand off weapons which even F-16 & Mirages can't carry now.

JF-17 can carry Ra'ad & CM-400AKG with PL-5E & SD-10s Supported by M-3s or F-7PGs to go after your IN in Gulf of Oman.

and IN mig 29's will sit quietly? Our Frigates near the region and IN navy satellite communication wont inform about incoming threat? Not happening

JF-17 or F-16 will be busy with the IAF.

since its a hypothetical scenario, with no time frame, India will have 2 AC ready, could be migs, rafale or lca
Cover could be given by navy or AF, in that case again could be migs, rafale, su-30, mirage
India has P8i with harpoon and Tu-142 and II-32s with russian sweets

If you are asking for future then PN will have 2 Chinese frigates & 6 subs which were already agreed in Yousuf Raza Gilani visit, and 3 more OHPs may arrive too, while we may also have more P-3s & OHPs from Australia too.

and IN mig 29's will sit quietly? Our Frigates near the region and IN navy satellite communication wont inform about incoming threat? Not happening
JF-17 or F-16 will be busy with the IAF.

We have same capability too you forgot that in emergency China have agreed to provide JF-17s from their production line and 50 of them are pending from their side which are already built so JF-17 will be available in numbers with some other jets from China.

we are doing that we will deny your ships sea by sinking the so it is sea denial

Once I said the same thing to a serving PN officer and told him that this is what Inidans say on forums and he also laughed as you have here and he said they have no idea what we can do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom