What's new

Indian Navy lieutenant's wife 'forced into wife-swapping parties'

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens a lot in navy it seems ....there is this huge navy base in TN where the wife is given too much booze and then raped...when the wife wakes up its all over....one malayali wife woke up just in the nick of time to save herself....the next day she packed her bags and left her husband for good....the same day he was also transferred as a punishment...long back i have told the same in some other thread also.

Domestic issues turn ugly. At this stage a rather incredible allegation by one person, under investigation. If found guilty they will be punished.

Domestic? there was a similar complaint in 2011.

Armed forces people are humans too. Remember the Samia Sarwar case, where the army officer was sacked but Samia's murderers were never punished. This is a law and order issue, nothing to do with armed forces.

Action was taken against the official under official rules.

The punishment to killers of the lady was NOT jurisdiction of the army.

@Indian Guys, have you guys considered sex addiction therapy? No joke.

At my university there are a bunch of Indian guys (Punjabis and South Indians) that do this, but with their girlfriends. The girls are mostly Asian and white, but they don't seem to care, so why should I?

Last edited by a moderator:
This happens a lot in navy it seems ....there is this huge navy base in TN where the wife is given too much booze and then raped...when the wife wakes up its all over....one malayali wife woke up just in the nick of time to save herself....the next day she packed her bags and left her husband for good....the same day he was also transferred as a punishment...long back i have told the same in some other thread also.

I guess that was in 2011.

when two Navy officials were transffered but no action was taken.

Dafuq..........

So it isn't something that has happened for the first time. Interesting... And disgusting too.

Domestic? there was a similar complaint in 2011.

Action was taken against the official under official rules.

The punishment to killers of the lady was NOT jurisdiction of the army.

There are over a million armed forces personnel. You will get every possible story out of that universe. Gossip and military cantonments go hand in hand.

So stereotypical. Back in the 90s, in Dubai, people started spreading rumors about Indians and wife swapping.

I never understood this deviancy (as far as deviancy can be understood)...

Not really, she was forced, and only one man's wife was passed around. It was rape, nothing else.

it said "wives"!

Up to eight officers, including a commodore, and their wives have been accused and are now under police investigation.

I saw this news in the morning and was wondering how long it will take to reach PDF.... I had a fair idea who the OP going to be... but i was wrong in that guess....

I saw a news report (i dont have the link) which sounded like a domestic issue.... we never know till the probe is over.... but what ever said n done.... This is a very sad thing to happen if it is true....

why you waited for someone to post it.

it was your duty to post the news.

by the way here the news bits

Husband's seniors molested me, Navy officer’s wife alleges - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Drawn by his handsome looks and six-pack, IIT-Bombay graduate Sumedha (name changed) quit her Morgan Stanley career to get married only to see her dreams shattered within a few months. Not only did she witness her Navy officer husband in a compromising position with a senior officer's wife but was told that she too would have to be part of the "wife-swapping evenings" if she wanted her husband to keep his job.

"When I saw my husband with the other lady I started to cry and question my husband. The woman instead shouted at me, slapped me and threatened me with dire consequences if I did not keep quiet," the 25-year-old said.

The Navy has flatly denied the allegations with defence minister A K Antony seeking a report on the matter.

Sumedha, who was living with her husband in Kochi, reached Delhi late on Thursday evening. Remarkably calm and collected, she recalled how her frantic calls to the Southern Naval Command, residences of Chief of Naval Staff and the defence minister went unanswered. Sumedha, who is preparing for her civil services, said 20-30% of naval officers indulged in wife-swapping. "There are parties every day and the women wear very revealing, almost vulgar clothes. I found later that wife-swapping was common there," she said.

When asked how she could substantiate her allegations, Sumedha said, "I know what I have seen. There has been a complaint filed earlier about wife-swapping in 2011 on INS Dronacharya but the officers involved were posted out and the issue buried."

Sumedha, who has filed a complaint with the Harbour police station in Kochi and the Vasant Vihar police station in Delhi, said she was molested by senior officers in the presence of her husband. "I was bound down and molested my three of my husband's colleagues. My husband then threw me out of the house," she said. She added that the only time her husband had shown remorse was when he told her that he had to indulge in this "wife-swapping" or he would lose his job. "Officers and sailors, they were all afraid to say anything or come to my rescue because they feared being thrown out of the Navy," she said.

When asked about allegations that she was mentally unstable, Sumedha said, "How can a marriage counselor certify my mental fitness. Anyway, where is the proof that I even went to a counselor?"

On the Navy's denial of her allegations, Sumedha said, "It doesn't matter what they say. I know the truth. I have already asked my lawyer to take up the issue with the police." She also claimed that she had been offered Rs 2 crore to settle the matter.

Defence minister A K Antony has sought a report from the Navy on the allegations even as naval officials said they had already launched a probe.

The defence minister's office, however, said they were yet to receive a formal complaint though the lieutenant's wife insisted that she had sent a complaint to the minister through registered post in the first week of March but had not received any response.

An Southern Naval Command official confirmed it had launched an investigation. "The Chief of Naval Staff 's office has asked for a report, based on the lady's complaint a week ago," the official said.

In a statement, the Navy said, "The wife of the officer has leveled unfair allegations against superior officers in her husband's chain of command, their spouses and other officers who have interacted with her. These officers accompanied by their respective spouses had tried to unsuccessfully resolve the issues dogging the couple's personal life in a bid to leverage the strength of the naval community bond. Unfortunately, the lady had resorted to such methods of dragging her estranged spouse's colleagues into the vortex of their unhappy relationship in the past too in other units in which her husband has served. The couple was also sent to a marriage counselor under the aegis of the Navy Wives Welfare Association."

There are over a million armed forces personnel. You will get every possible story out of that universe.

the lady alleged gang wife swapping activity within Indian Navy even if at particular base.

I saw this news in the morning and was wondering how long it will take to reach PDF.... I had a fair idea who the OP going to be... but i was wrong in that guess....

I saw a news report (i dont have the link) which sounded like a domestic issue.... we never know till the probe is over.... but what ever said n done.... This is a very sad thing to happen if it is true....

Well you have blown the chance of becoming a "Jotshi".....@topic....Telegraph is a highly reputable English daily and it's not known for splashing gossips and rumours on it's broadsheets.

close this thread please its people personel issue
and please take care of your wifes and look after them they are a gift from god and precious them

Why should i embarrass myself by posting such a thread.....I am ashamed of what has happened (if it is true)

You should not be. its human trait. such shameful acts are done by human or every creed and color.

If A little embarrassment if works for correction then its not a bad.

Well you have blown the chance of becoming a "Jotshi".....@topic....Telegraph is a highly reputable English daily and it's not known for splashing gossips and rumours on it's broadsheets.

Yes windy you are right :) The news is correct... it was widely reported in local news channels......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom