What's new

Indian Navy Gets US Go-ahead to Deploy EMALS and AAG on its New Supercarrier

Russia has demonstrated 50 MT thermonuclear capacity once.
US has not.
This is the fact.
Since you have no idea about the detail of the Tsar bomb , i won't argue with you about such shallow issue.
You could think Russia is better than US in SSBN tech, because the biggest SSBN “typhoon” class was made in Russia.
China is the new entrant in the field of defense technology. Russia has co-operated with the Chinese many years ago and still do.
I don't know what field you mean . If it is military nuclear reactor, i am afraid Russia won't share with China on reckon considering strategic interest .
The good relationship of Russia and China comes from the pressure of belligerent gesture of US .
Except that, there are lots of competition between the two neighbor nations.

It is the Russia which is the gemologist here and not the writer who quoted Russian sources.
Who represent Russia ? Does this article come from the national authority which is professional on evaluating weaponry ?
I also haven't see any features and specifications about Shandong .

India is planning 5 to 6 aircraft carriers !
First of all, you should have money .

Last edited:
Does a deal of military nuclear reactor infringe the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons ?
Moreover, Russia has not built a nuclear. reactor suitable for carrier so far.

Nuclear reactor for carrier is really a huge challenge in engineering .
Everyone know what happened when French transferred their reactor for SSBN to “de Gaulle”.
For China, steam catapult is practical and EMAL will be completely available in less than 5 years, but it will take more time and efforts to make a usable nuclear reactor for a super aircraft carrier.
Did India sign the treaty?
There is no difference between a military and civilian nuclear reactor, used to generate power.

Since you have no idea about the detail of the Tsar bomb , i won't argue with you about such shallow issue.

Thermonuclear bomb technology is privy only to few nations. The technology is complex enough. As for me not knowing the details of Tsar bomb is not consequential for this debate.
Unless you are nuclear physicist yourself and out to teach me the nuts & bolts of deuterium & proton combo.

You could think Russia is better than US in SSBN tech, because the biggest SSBN “typhoon” class was made in Russia.

We can always have fair idea and assessment of our own, based on what we have read during our years.

I don't know what field you mean . If it is military nuclear reactor, i am afraid Russia won't share with China on reckon considering strategic interest .

Russia has co-operated on nuclear field with India and there is past record of such. Whether they would do it with China or not is a non issue here.
The good relationship of Russia and China comes from the pressure of belligerent gesture of US .
Except that, there are lots of competition between the two neighbor nations.

This matter has no bearing on Russia India nuclear co-op.

Who represent Russia ? Does this article come from the national authority which is professional on evaluating weaponry ?
I also haven't see any features and specificity about Shandong .

It does not have to be written alone by a national authority. There are competent authors & journalists who this job.

It does not have to be written alone by a national authority. There are competent authors & journalists who this job.
OK.
You could insist there must be some competent authors & journalists who are qualified to evaluate something which they have nothing about.

Since you have nothing substantial to say, I would say "just believe what you want to believe ".
If all indian people do the way like you, it is good for China and Pakistan .

Did India sign the treaty?
There is no difference between a military and civilian nuclear reactor, used to generate power.
Totally different.
The military reactor must have much higher energy density, due to the room limitation of the military platform .

God almighty. INS Vishal probably won't enter service before 2030 and we are discussing "2nd country after US to have EMALS". Ridiculous.
at least, India is the 2nd country after US to declare to have EMALS.

I am curious to see how Russian power train will be integrated with US EMALS.

Last edited:
What Chinese technology was concerning?
This has been a part of the last defense treaty we signed with India a while back.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3601a3ea-...tml?ft_site=falcon&desktop=true#axzz4gJrYcy8r
y
US has always kept an eye on the progress of Chinese military tech including EMAL and AAL.
It is a measure in order to support indian navy force as part of balancing the force of China Navy in Indian Ocean in the future .
Speak of the power in Indian Ocean, I feel very funny every time hearing something like that indian ocean is the backyard of india .
From Chinese perspective , all the oceans except the arctic ocean belong to US navy right now and in the near future .
It really needs gigantic courage to say Indian Ocean belongs to india for indian people in front of 11 super aircraft carriers and dozens of SSBNs and SSBKs.

Last edited:
OK.
You could insist there must be some competent authors & journalists who are qualified to evaluate something which they have nothing about.

Since you have nothing substantial to say, I would say "just believe what you want to believe ".
If all indian people do the way like you, it is good for China and Pakistan .

Totally different.
The military reactor must have much higher energy density, due to the room limitation of the military platform .
Not from a nuclear proliferation point of view.

at least, India is the 2nd country after US to declare to have EMALS.

I am curious to see how Russian power train integrated with US EMALS.

I think it is a plan or kind of memorandum of understanding not a deal ongoing.
Indian people are always so optimistic that mistaking something planned as that in hand.

And Russian power train is another wonderful expectation of ashok321.

Not from a nuclear proliferation point of view.
The treaty of nuclear proliferation has made a clear definition about the two types of reactors.

Last edited:
y
US has always kept an eye on the progress of Chinese military tech including EMAL and AAL.
It is a measure in order to support indian navy force as part of balancing the force of China Navy in Indian Ocean in the future .
Speak of the powerless in Indian Ocean, I feel very funny every time hearing something like that indian ocean is the backyard of india .
From Chinese perspective , all the oceans except the arctic ocean belong to US navy right now and in the near future .
It really needs gigantic courage to say Indian Ocean belongs to india for indian people in front of 11 super aircraft carriers and dozens of SSBNs and SSBKs.
I agree with you S China is also not your backyard; it's ours. :D Now back to my question- what technology that the Russians helped you with is of "concern"?

I agree with you S China is also not your backyard; it's ours. :D Now back to my question- what technology that the Russians helped you with is of "concern"?
SCS is a small maritime area ,compared to real ocean, on which some islands belong to China .
China never said the entire SCS is China territorial waters .
On the vast ocean, no one stands a chance to counter against US navy right now.

More like gigantic stupidity.

Does a deal of military nuclear reactor infringe the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons ?
Moreover, Russia has not built a nuclear. reactor suitable for carrier so far.

Nuclear reactor for carrier is really a huge challenge in engineering .
Everyone know what happened when French transferred their reactor for SSBN to “de Gaulle”.
For China, steam catapult is practical and EMAL will be completely available in less than 5 years, but it will take more time and efforts to make a usable nuclear reactor for a super aircraft carrier.

USS Ford will have 2x 300 MW reactor, however it is a 100-110 thousand tonne super AC. For an AC about
65 thousand tonne, about 300-400 MW should be fine. Meaning about 4-5 83 MW Arihant reactors. USS Ford is also going to feature EMALS. BTW, the work for INS Arindham is already underway. This submarine will feature a 150 MW reactor. I guess same will feature on Indian AC, meaning 3 such reactors will suffice.

USS Ford will have 2x 300 MW reactor, however it is a 100-110 thousand tonne super AC. For an AC about
65 thousand tonne, about 300-400 MW should be fine. Meaning about 4-5 83 MW Arihant reactors. USS Ford is also going to feature EMALS.
Dude,it is not a simple addition.
There is no linear relationship between the displacement and power.
Besides, the size of reactor has no linear relationship with the power of it too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom