What's new

Indian navy, future submarines List till 2020

2020 INDIAN NAVY will be
AIRCRAFT CARRIERS
1.INS Vikramaditya
2.vikrant class
3.vikrant class
4. vikrant class(planned but date not yet decided)
5. HMS Queen Elizabeth (UK is planing to sell)

SUBMARINES
6 nuclear subs (3 arihant class and 3 more ssbns)
2 akula class nuclear subs
10 kilo class subs
6 Scorpene class subs
6 subs under porject 75
5 midget subs

FRIGATES
6 talwar class
3 Shivalik class
7 Project 17A class frigate
3 Brahmaputra (Type 16A)

DESTROYERS

3 Delhi class destroyers
3 Kolkata (Project 15A)
4 Project 15B

CORVETTES
4 Kora (Type 25A)
7-10 Veer (Tarantul I)
2-3 Abhay (Pauk II)
12 Project 28
8 Project 28A

Indian Navy is by far the best out of all the Armed Forces of India =) hope we make something good out of IAF too. We need to drop those Mig-21's and Jaguars.

All these subs can match Pak's new french subs right?

Vikranth-3 and QE . I don't think they will come into IN.
Not even Vikrant-2 is clear, some reports say IN will only build 1 and will go on to develop a bigger carrier.
Also Russian navy officials say only 1 Akula sub will be leased to India, however that should be enough for crew training reasons.

Once the ATV operational and successful, would it be wise to go in for all nuclear powered subs, or go for a mix with diesel. What are the other navies of the world doing

Indian Navy is by far the best out of all the Armed Forces of India =) hope we make something good out of IAF too. We need to drop those Mig-21's and Jaguars.

All these subs can match Pak's new french subs right?

Subs in the Pakistani context are really irrelevant, especially since we have such a large land border with Pakistan. As for Pakistans navy, its not really a threat, by nature the Paks are not much of a seafaring force. However, the scorpene would have a dealdly offensive nuclear and conventional capacity (that is if China gifts the Paks some free slbm's) the main concern would be how to neutralize the scorpenes, because they could threaten the other ships and AC's that we have. The scorpene is a very portent machine

Not even Vikrant-2 is clear, some reports say IN will only build 1 and will go on to develop a bigger carrier.
Also Russian navy officials say only 1 Akula sub will be leased to India, however that should be enough for crew training reasons.

I dont know why but both nations are observing secrecy about the second Akula, maybe not to cause unnecessary controversies

the second one will also come because they stopped the construction of those subs due to lack of money and they started it after india is willing to pay for the completion
India is exploring options of developing nuclear powered AC

if UK is willing to sell QE IN will definitely buy it because funds are no prob and QE is a very big latest tech AC

i think in place of carriers we should go for more subs, and if possible nuclear ones. because even carriers need subs with them.imho there will be only around 25 subs with us. that too if everything goes according to plans. so in place of carriers focus should be on subs and destroyers.

no one will sell nuclear subs we have to make it on our own and we are making nuclear subs and are even buying best of best non nuclear subs

we definitely need submarines and Russia offered of Amur class diesel is a good choice

i dont say buy nuclear subs. get non-nuclear but the best of them. and that too in numbers. and we should also increase the capacity of shipyards. atleast one shipyard should be made comparable to americans which can produce fast result.:yahoo::victory::chilli:
feel free to comment....

I dont know why but both nations are observing secrecy about the second Akula, maybe not to cause unnecessary controversies
Russian Navy officials said the seconed will not be leased to India and will inducted into their own navy.
Imo, that's ok because IN should try to get the newer Graney class which is also capable to fire cruise missiles.
we definitely need submarines and Russia offered of Amur class diesel is a good choice
I have some doubts about that!

Amur vs U 214:

Speed: 20 knots (23 mph; 37 km/h) vs Speed: 12 kt surfaced / 20 kt submerged
AIP Range: 350 nmi (650 km) vs 1,248 nmi @ 4 kt (2,310 km @ 7 km/h)
Endurance: 30 days vs 12 weeks
Depth: 250 m (820 ft) vs 250 - 400+ m
Armament: 4 × 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes, 10 VLS cells vs 8 x 533 mm torpedo tubes, 4 subharpoon-capable

Amur class submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Type 214 submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only possible advantage could be the capability to fire Brahmos, but that doesn't equalise the disadvantages! IN clearly made a mistake by not buying U214 and I hope they don't do another one by buying inferior Russian AIP subs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom