Scorpene-6 2017
Project 75B P75B-1 2015 U-214/Amur[2] /[[DCNS|DCNS submarine]
P75B-2 2016
P75B-3 2017
P75B-4 2018
P75B-5 2019
P75B-6 2020

List of submarines of the Indian Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is balancing all the 3 forces very efficiantly and well.... India has got many many many weapons for army ,navy and airforce in the years to come

Not sure, one of those classes, I heard India is adopting Midget class subs

Well its not in that list buddy..The midget submarines are buying mainly for our naval commandos (MARCOS)..the first six in the list where the nuclear submarines ..next six are the submarines from France and last six will be probably from Russia or Germany

India is balancing all the 3 forces very efficiantly and well.... India has got many many many weapons for army ,navy and airforce in the years to come

Welcome back, but we are talking about Indian's future subs list,

Can you provide more information on this ?:smitten::pakistan::china:

Well its not in that list buddy..The midget submarines are buying mainly for our naval commandos (MARCOS)..the first six in the list where the nuclear submarines ..next six are the submarines from France and last six will be probably from Russia or Germany

seiko, how many nuclear subs ? six or...does it included the two from

Russia ? :cheers::china:

Indian Navy Future ships...

Aircraft carriers (2 under construction)

Vikrant (Project 71) INS Vikrant India Cochin Shipyard
INS Vikrant (Indigenous Aircraft Carrier)

Kiev INS Vikramaditya formerly Gorshkov Russia Severodvinsk, Russia
6c7b34c9b80df6f4f583f2cb577f8274.png

Destroyers (3 under construction)

INS Kolkata
INS Kochi
Yard 12703
32ae5df9df1cf725c550f53adf2b0465.jpg

Frigates (6 under construction)

INS Shivalik
INS Satpura
INS Sahyadri

INS Teg
INS Tarkash
INS Trikand

Corvettes (4 under construction)

Project 28
Yard 3017
Yard 3018
Yard 3019
Yard 3020

Mine countermeasure vessels (2 under construction)
MCMV 2 under construction

Patrol crafts (10 under construction)

INS Saryu
INS ???
INS ???
INS ??? India Goa Shipyard Limited
Car Nicobar INS Cankarso (T73)
INS Kondul (T74)
INS Kalpeni (T75)
INS ???
INS ???
INS ???

seiko, how many nuclear subs ? six or...does it included the two from

Russia ? :cheers::china:

Buddy I am no military expert but judging from the link i think we are building our own 6 nuclear submarines and leasing two from India.I may be wrong .its better you ask some military experts here ...

Welcome back, but we are talking about Indian's future subs list,

Can you provide more information on this ?:smitten::pakistan::china:

Sure sir, Akula class submarine which is INS chakra is undergoing sea trials and will be delivered anytimeb between 2010 and 2011, Akula calss 2 is too will be delivered somewhere then,

As far as the ATV project is concerned, the Reactor of 2nd and 3rd is finished, The AV 2 arihant class sub is being built in vishakha patanam port, the ATV 3 work will soon get into progress when the work in goa port is finished or the kochin shipyard...

The ATV poject now will pace up because now that we have discovered how to do it.... So there will be no problem for us to Construct all the ATVs within 2020...

Well I have got not much info on other submarines, well scorpene might come aswell... Anytime betweeen 2013

Not sure, one of those classes, I heard India is adopting Midget class subs

New Delhi: The Indian Navy is planning to procure five midget submarines for its Marine Commandos (MARCOS) component. The midgets will strengthen the MARCOS ability to carry out special underwater operations in high seas.

Weighing less than 150 tonnes the submarines are classified as midgets and are used by navies to carry out underwater covert operations and surveillance missions.

According to defence ministry sources, the Indian Navy has already initiated the process of procuring these vessels.

With capacity of carrying four to six personnel on board, the submarines would have a diving depth of around 400 metres.

The midgets will have the capability of carrying out both manned and unmanned operations and will be equipped with a host of weapons including torpedoes.

The Indian Navy currently maintains a fleet of diesel-electric submarines. It has also signed a deal for six Scorpene submarines which will begin joining the Indian Navy from 2012 onwards.

The first of the country's indigenously designed and built nuclear-powered submarines of the Arihant class are expected to be commissioned starting 2011.

India will also induct a Russian Akula-II class nuclear attack submarine on lease sometime in the second quarter of 2010. It is conjectured that India may have struck deal for the supply of two of these submarines for an amount of $2 billion. At the end of the lease period India retains an option to buy them.

domain-b.com : Indian Navy to procure five midget submarines

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom