What's new

Indian muslim billionaire to give most of his wealth to charity

Well its not only the recession times, it has happened multiple times. The case of recession is known to many but I will cite another example, if you remember, 2 yrs back the value of dollar was going down fast and rupee was getting stronger. Most of these services companies, make profit out of weak rupees and the profit of his company WT was becoming marginal. That time he took a decision to ask employees to come to office on saturdays ( those who work in fixed price projects) without any extra benefits. But now when the dollar has become stronger why is he not revoking those decisions? Why employees need to work on saturdays without any extra benefits?

As I said before, these all are publicity stunts, he has made fortune out of exploiting employees and nothing else. He really doesn't care about employees' satisfaction, the policy is to let the dissatisfied ones go out, we will hire fresh people.

Exploitation of labor. Welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism !

Last edited:
For record 65% of TATA's profit is spent on philanthropical activities.

:smitten::cheers:

For the records

I am a Gujrati Muslim.

Bohra/Bohri and hence Shia.

Agreed.

I was referring to double standards of some people.

GB

Well, you were just plain wrong, weren't you. Why spread false information about Mr. Premji?

Funny why bring religion in it.

It was one word in a headline. It's funny how so many people have made it into an issue... I think the objectors have "brought religion into it". Not the other way round. The guy's Wikipedia page has his full religious background listed... should that have been edited out also?

If religion is not an issue, then the word "muslim" attached to his billionaire title in the headline should not have irked so many people. The fact that it did just tells you that it, unfortunately, *is* an issue for some.

I'm sorry I don't see a link in the OP.

Though I'd be very surprised if the headline is from a mainstream Indian News source.

KillBill....

It is the demand of the profession you are in. So do not single out wipro. If your present company is not exploiting you (according to you), be careful. It might get bankrupt soon.

a good deed done is a good deed done.....................
whatever other people say,premji has talent,he made himself(by hook or crook).......cause in this world a good honest man cannot become a multi billionaire(hell no way!)........as a person may be he\'s bad(all businessmen are)but as an entrepreneur he\'s great............

Mr.Premji is an Ahmediya and Ahmediya's are considered as Non Muslims as per law in Pakistan.

So from a Pakistani point of view he is a non muslim.

GB
Not cool.

Let us celebrate the Indian that Mr Premji is. Let them celebrate the Muslim (or non-muslim) that Mr Premji is.

It was one word in a headline. It's funny how so many people have made it into an issue... I think the objectors have "brought religion into it". Not the other way round. The guy's Wikipedia page has his full religious background listed... should that have been edited out also?

If religion is not an issue, then the word "muslim" attached to his billionaire title in the headline should not have irked so many people. The fact that it did just tells you that it, unfortunately, *is* an issue for some.
Can't speak for others, but I do consider it a lame attempt to titillate sentiments, when religious disposition of person is squeezed in, in an article that has nothing to do with his religiosity.

My reaction would be same in case of a thread titled 'The Indian Hindu Mukesh Ambani...' or 'The Indian Parsi Ratan Tata...' or 'The Indian Sikh Gurbaksh Singh...'

Back
Top Bottom