What's new

Indian Moon Rockets : First Look

dear indian friends, please stop posting propaganda material like this. As of today, india still couldn't build rocket without russian engines.

instead of dreaming your moon rocket, how about show me a rocket made in india with indian made engine?

no excuse, no bs please, just want to see a photo showing an indian rocket flying with indian made engine

I have seen u getting humiliated by my indian friends lot of time here comes one more humiliation for u

See some info about the indian made rocket :

The PSLV has four stages using solid and liquid propulsion systems alternately. The first stage is one of the largest solid-fuel rocket boosters in the world and carries 138 tonnes of Hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) bound propellant with a diameter of 2.8 m. The motor case is made of maraging steel.

The second stage employs the Vikas engine and carries 41.5 tonnes (40 tonnes till C-5 mission) of liquid propellant – Unsymmetrical Di-Methyl Hydrazine (UDMH) as fuel and Nitrogen tetroxide (N2O4) as oxidizer. It generates a maximum thrust of 800 kN (724 till C-5 mission). Pitch & yaw control is obtained by hydraulically gimbaled engine (±4°) and two hot gas reaction control for roll.

The third stage uses 7 tonnes of HTPB-based solid propellant and produces a maximum thrust of 324 kN. It has a Kevlar-polyamide fiber case and a submerged nozzle equipped with a flex-bearing-seal gimbaled nozzle (±2°) thrust-vector engine for pitch & yaw control. For roll control it uses the RCS (Reaction Control System) of fourth stage.

The fourth and the terminal stage of PSLV has a twin engine configuration using liquid propellant. With a propellant loading of 2 tonnes (Mono-Methyl Hydrazine as fuel + Mixed Oxides of Nitrogen as oxidiser), each of these engines generates a maximum thrust of 7.4 kN. Engine is gimbaled (±3°) for pitch, yaw & roll control and for control during the coast phase uses on-off RCS. PSLV-C4 used a new lightweight carbon composite payload adapter to enable a greater GTO payload capability.

PSLV is designed and developed at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The inertial systems are developed by ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU) at Thiruvananthapuram. The liquid propulsion stages for the second and fourth stages of PSLV as well as the reaction control systems are developed by the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), also at Thiruvananthapuram. The solid propellant motors are processed by Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, which also carries out launch operations.

Some info about indian made engine:

Vikas engine :

The Vikas Engine is a liquid fueled rocket engine made by India. It was developed by Nambi Narayanan and his team during the 1970's
And ISRO crossed a major milestone when it successfully tested an up-rated version of the liquid propellant Vikas engine at ISRO's liquid propulsion test facility at Mahendragiri in Tamil Nadu. Vikas engines are employed in the second stage of India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) as well as the second and the four strap-on stages of the Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The up-rated version of the engine developed a chamber pressure of 58.5 bar against 52.5 bar in the current version. This new engine uses UH25 (a mixture of unsymmetrical di-methyl hydrazine and hydrazine hydrate) as fuel and nitrogen tetroxide as oxidiser

Link :The Hindu : ISRO tests Vikas engine

And i dont want to further humiliate u by posting the pictures of PSLV so i let u to see that in google

as we cross 7-8 tones payload capacity may be International Space agencies would call us to Launch parts of International Space station and we can provide that in much economical cost.

is india even a part of the ISS? and given that india space rockets are not proven, russia rockets are gonna be the way to go

is india even a part of the ISS? and given that india space rockets are not proven, russia rockets are gonna be the way to go

India can become a partner in the ISS when it starts launching parts required for it's completion...and come on dear Indian space rockets are proven we have been launching satellites for other countries for quite some time now...and yes Russian rockets are still the world leader.

Havent we tested the space capsule recently?? I guess we have? After remaining 12 days In orbit, it splashed down In the bay of bengal....

ISRO-sre02.jpg

Indian space agency intends to become part of ISS along with south korea....For which talks are to be held next year......U.S supports expansion of partnership in ISS......

The fact that we are not part of ISS does not take away any credit from the ISRO scientists who have come this far. Yes we do not currently have as advanced technology to be a part of ISS or at least a significant partner but ISRO is one organisation that has primarily been indigenous for a large part of it's growth.

Having said that, I am not too convinced of the future roadmap for the simple reason that IT and the IT related research industry is really taking the brightest talent away from Government agencies like ISRO. Where we had stalwarts like Sarabhai, Dhawan, Kalam etc heading government institutes, we may have a lull in the near future.

Regards,
Anoop

Way to Go ISRO...:yahoo: ........Feels proud of what my country has achieved in Space arena....But still Long way to go..... Manned mission to moon , and then Mission to mars......:victory:

India might make history with the frist permenent moon landing , might not make it back :pop:, now that would be dramatic news

Have the Indians actually returned something back from moon a mock test of the return trip

well as ur avatar shows you as ''gabbar singh'' the rustic dacoit of sholay it is not necessory that you should act also like him.water on moon was discovered by the same CHANDRAYAAN , ask the americans about it.

can we please ignore the moron(or should i say 50 cents) called schinese :devil: ... and as far as azadpakistan is concerned , friends understand that he got freedom just last year(see his name)... so let him enjoy some free speech .... but its our moral responsibility to remove his veil of ignorance :bunny::chilli::chilli:

Extremely interesting stuff indeed!

Back
Top Bottom