What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Congrats, Hope it comes good, and after that you can change all the names to Great people like Salauddin etc

specially ghaznavi and babur one :lol:

chill :P

sirajudaullah is there , akbar etc :P

Tipu, you mean Tipu Sultan, One of the most secular Muslim and bravest rulers ever, And from south India, and very very close friend of our King, after King of Kerala Defeated him at waynad. How can you put in the same catagory as Ghauri and the rest. What an insult to his memory.

I love Tipu Sultan. I loved his series in DD. I still have the music in my head. pam pamp pa pa pa papre pa........Tipu sultan on his elphant enters.!!!!! ah..man.
I like that series too... They went a little overboard in the scene when he's killed by the British. Lol he Kept slashing and slashing away alone at hundreds of British soldiers.

Don't praise him yet, there are Hindu historians who attribute a lot of atrocities to him too. The name of the missile is chosen based on achievements. Shahabuddin Ghauri defeated Prithvi Raj in history. Tipu Sultan was a symbol of bravery and also the first military commander to utilize some sort of primitive rockets in battle. The use of rockets in battle are incorrectly attributed to the Germans. It was Tipu Sultan.

It would only be fitting to assign the name Tipu to Pakistan's longest ranged rocket.

Pakistani newspaper Brecorder reports:

India tests ballistic missile capable of reaching China

BHUBANESWAR (updated on: April 12, 2007, 12:35 PST): India on Thursday test-fired a nuclear-capable intermediate-range ballistic missile which can reach the Chinese cities of Beijing and Shanghai, defence officials said.

The launch of the Agni-III missile took place from Wheeler Island, 180 kilometres (110 miles) north-east of Bhubaneswar, capital of the eastern state of Orissa.

Officials at the facility did not immediately say whether the test was successful.

The missile took off vertically into a clear sky leaving behind a thick column of white and yellow smoke, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

It was the second test of Agni-III, a two-stage solid fuelled missile which has a diameter of 1.8 metres (six feet) and can carry nuclear or conventional warheads.

The first test of the missile, with a range of up to 4,000 kilometres (2,480 miles), ended in failure last July when it developed problems after a successful take-off and crashed into the sea without hitting a designated target.

"The technical glitches in its heat shield and other material related faults have been rectified," an unnamed defence ministry official told The Times of India.

"A flexible heat shield to protect the warhead and avionics from high temperatures generated by the missile's re-entry into the earth's atmosphere is being used this time," he added.

Agni-III was originally scheduled for testing in 2003 but it was believed to have been deferred amid moves by arch-rivals India and Pakistan to bury decades of mutual hostility.

An Indian foreign ministry source in New Delhi said India, which signed an agreement with Pakistan on the pre-notification of ballistic missile tests in October 2005, had informed Islamabad of the latest Agni-III test.

India, which conducted nuclear weapons tests in 1998, has developed a series of nuclear and conventional missile systems as part of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)'s Integrated Missile Development Programme which was launched in 1983.

The Agni is one of five missiles developed by the DRDO.

New Delhi has already begun the production of two variants of the Agni -- a 700-kilometre (434-mile) Agni-I and the 2,500-kilometre (1,550-mile) range Agni-II after flight-testing both the ballistic missiles numerous times since 1993.

The other four missiles are the Prithvi, the surface-to-air Trishul (Trident), multi-purpose Akash (Sky), and the anti-tank Nag (Cobra).

Our next IRBM of range 3500 km is of course Ghauri - III as often speculated by the media.

I like that series too... They went a little overboard in the scene when he's killed by the British. Lol he Kept slashing and slashing away alone at hundreds of British soldiers.

Don't praise him yet, there are Hindu historians who attribute a lot of atrocities to him too. The name of the missile is chosen based on achievements. Shahabuddin Ghauri defeated Prithvi Raj in history. Tipu Sultan was a symbol of bravery and also the first military commander to utilize some sort of primitive rockets in battle. The use of rockets in battle are incorrectly attributed to the Germans. It was Tipu Sultan.

It would only be fitting to assign the name Tipu to Pakistan's longest ranged rocket.

I dont know much of south indian history, but there were certain issues with him over some dynasty as well? I forgot the name.Archeological society of India has better details on it i guess.

Anyways i thought rocketery was used by Chinese first isnt it?

I admire Siraj as well.

Asim,

Do you find it difficult to believe that I am not a pro-hindu or pro-any religion guy. Just because a Hindu Historian said, he forcefully converted muslims would not make me believe him more or anything. The same if a Hindu tells me that Ghauri and Aurangzeb were nice people, I wont believe him either. I know quite a bit from differnet sources and can make my own judgements

Babur is respected quite a lot by Indians, He wanted to make India home as well as wanted to make a kingdom, rather than be a looter like abadali, ghauri, ghaznavi etc... the Babri Masjid is another issue. We have our MMA's too you know. Just like you harp about Crusaders coming in muslim lands we have had ours too from the Muslims.
, Sirajduallah in West Bengal was a moron. cuz he failed in the end, he could stopped the british in bengal itself
I find it funny since Tipu is ethnically a South Indian not of the Aryan-pakistani version....So why name a pakistani Missile after him...false sense of security i presume
Lets get back to AGNI>>>>>>>>>>

Our next IRBM of range 3500 km is of course Ghauri - III as often speculated by the media.

An Offshore Platform, not bad...that would be in which OCEAN

I meant submarine or Ship launched. Or if something like the one India is building comes about, it would probably be secret.

You do realize I'm just BSing with you to give an example how Pakistan would keep it's upcoming missile India centric?

I do dude, But then again its fun, We dont see you post that much now a days...just trying to increase your post count.

Was unemployed for quite sometime... Was strictly just concentrating on finding some work. About 2 weeks ago I landed a nice position as a .net developer. Haha interestingly finding work is a lot more time consuming than actually working :D.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom