What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Joey,

I think the range is grossly understated, I expect this missile with its 2 stage to be over 4500Km at the bare minimum.
DRDO has also confirmed that this the base for our SLBM.
I expect to see, either prithvi withdrawn or adequate changes made in Prithvi to fully utilize the new solid propellent developed. At 150/500 kms range when reaction time is bare minimum, a liquid propellent is not the answer. I aint a Techie by any stretch of imagination, Just my 2 cents

I thought we were a DNA malfunction which cross breeded the elephant and the tiger .... to slay the dragon...

I thought we were a DNA malfunction which cross breeded the elephant and the tiger .... to slay the dragon...

obviously :lol: Royal Bengal Tiger in sunderbans in west bengal :tup:

Adux, the prithvi wont be modified as Sagarika, rather it will be a solid fuel based optional platform to use in OPV's maybe.

The Lakhshya will be the base of future subsonic indian cruise missile, new missionm cmputer IMU/INS unit has been developed for lakhshya as well as turbojet engine.

this agni 3 is totally solid fuelled also PTI reports it was test fired from roadmobile launcher, new one? :coffee:

about range true, 1.8 tonnes and over 3000 kms is seriously fishy means with 1 TN with decoys within 800kg your saving 1 tonne payload...that can contribute quite something to range.

Joey,

I think the range is grossly understated, I expect this missile with its 2 stage to be over 4500Km at the bare minimum.

Probably you're right, last thing you want is to upset the US till the nuclear deal is finalised.
I think the range will be somewhere near 4.000km.

Offtopic, but I'm happy with this test. Now we can test our Tipu, projected range 4.500km. :cheers:

Probably you're right, last thing you want is to upset the US till the nuclear deal is finalised.
I think the range will be somewhere near 4.000km.

with 1.8 tones? payload that is what is suspicious.
Indian RVMK3 is light enough to be fitted in 1 piece with decoys within 800kg or so...

the 300Ktonne boosted fission yield..

Joey Joey,

I dont how you always mis-comprehend my post. Prithvi is not Sagarika.
I know that.
I have already told you in my post Agni 3 is the base of our SLBM, which is therefore the Sagarika

I was talking about the New solid propellent developed, which is good nEWS since we should be replace our Prithvi Liquids with Solid Propellents. Decreases our Reaction time which is paramount since Prithvi's are deployed in 333 missile regiments near the border.

lakshya is target Drone, How it can be made into a Cruise missile just because it looks like one is beyond me. And also it doesnt have moveable wings. Might as well make a new system.

Offtopic, but I'm happy with this test. Now we can test our Tipu, projected range 4.500km. :cheers:

Tipu, you mean Tipu Sultan, One of the most secular Muslim and bravest rulers ever, And from south India, and very very close friend of our King, after King of Kerala Defeated him at waynad. How can you put in the same catagory as Ghauri and the rest. What an insult to his memory.

I love Tipu Sultan. I loved his series in DD. I still have the music in my head. pam pamp pa pa pa papre pa........Tipu sultan on his elphant enters.!!!!! ah..man.

I thought Tipu Sultan was Hindu. Damn, got my history messed up!! He was a great king!

More about RV MK2, but this one is MK3.

"Agni is unlike long-range missiles developed by western missiles where the RV is a passive ballistic load, whose accuracy depends on the launching vehicle's exact insertion into the sub-orbital trajectory. A large inaccuracy associated with the first generation RV, involved spinning the RV for greater stability during re-entry. Second generation western missiles were mostly MIRV (Multiple Independently targetable Re-entry Vehicle) and the accuracy was greatly improved by the payload bus with HAM velocity correction package for more accurate sub-orbit insertion. It also allowed individual MIRV payloads to impart different velocities, so that each can be independently targeted to a different target, albeit in nearby vicinity of each other. As before the RV continued to be passive and purely ballistic.

The Agni-RV Mk.2 is more advanced than the western RVs, because it embodies proposition, navigation and control all the way to the target. The RV re-enters at an altitude of 100 km, at a shallow angle, with a gliding trajectory."

Adux, new IMU/INs units, mission computers can be used all the way along with Lakhshya, Lakhshya is a UAV as well.

Developing new IMu/INs units, ruggedised mission pc's isnt exactly easy.

Tipu, you mean Tipu Sultan, One of the most secular Muslim and bravest rulers ever, And from south India, and very very close friend of our King, after King of Kerala Defeated him at waynad. How can you put in the same catagory as Ghauri and the rest. What an insult to his memory.

I love Tipu Sultan. I loved his series in DD. I still have the music in my head. pam pamp pa pa pa papre pa........Tipu sultan on his elphant enters.!!!!! ah..man.

Tipu is one of the two designs that are being developped. Check the FAS site for the projected range and data.
And yes, the missile is named after Tipu Sultan.

Tipu is one of the two designs that are being developped. Check the FAS site for the projected range and data.
And yes, the missile is named after Tipu Sultan.

Congrats, Hope it comes good, and after that you can change all the names to Great people like Salauddin etc

I thought Tipu Sultan was Hindu. Damn, got my history messed up!! He was a great king!

God Damn son, I hope you didnt study in an CBSE institution cuz your History Ma'am is going to have your ***, He is the son of Hyder Ali who was the chief Genreal of a Hindu King.

Neo,

In the Fas site, It is claimed that Tipu forcefuly converted, that is not a true claim from most of what I have studied and learned about him, he was a good ruler.

Congrats, Hope it comes good, and after that you can change all the names to Great people like Salauddin etc

All missiles sofar carry the name of muslim leaders, warriors, rulers that conquerred or defeated India.
The list is long my friend. :P

Personally I would have perferred neutral names I must confess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom