What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

India WILL not make an ICBM even if the next door neighbor makes one....India has a rather good thing going on with its economy and would not like to be placed under embargo...just 2 cents..

India can do it whenever they want to. It's just a matter of political will and more so for Pakistan. ICBMs are also part of their long term goals and does not address the immediate problems.

Both countries need an arsenal of capable cruise missile, they need long range air to air missiles, they need high ceiling SAMs. They don't immediately need range for a nuclear bomb delivery vehicle but all the rest for their conventional force.

The US goes around the world to pick fights, we pick fights within the region. The most likely scenario for them to be desperate to make ICBMs is if they foresee a fight with the US itself.

Fully agreed...but u ve just given ur opinion from a Pakistani POV.
Wat happens wen there is a future India-China war..
Dont we need a reliable ICBM to strike deep inside China from deep inside India..?

The Agni I has a range of 700-800 km while the Agni-II has a range of 2,000–2,500 km. They are claimed to be a part of the "credible deterrence" against China and Pakistan. The Agni-II can only reach most parts of western, central and southern China. With the successful test of Agni-III which has a range of 3500 km, it falls within the reach of most major Chinese cities, including Beijing and Shanghai.

well we dont need any thing more than 5000km range. lets first indigenosising our wepans. to satisfy more than 80% of our needs. then we can think of bveing a globel power & ICBM stuff....

well we dont need any thing more than 5000km range. lets first indigenosising our wepans. to satisfy more than 80% of our needs. then we can think of bveing a globel power & ICBM stuff....

I am sure your talking about fighter planes when saying indigenise our weapons...cause most of our missiles are indigenously built (except brahmos,which is a joint effort).I might be wrong please correct me if I am wrong.

anyways I agree we need to first satisfy our needs, and then think about becoming global power.
No doubt we have it in us but first aim should be meeting the basic requirements.

BTW agni v will give us the required range but still technically we cant call it an ICBM.

Does the agni 3 not reach all of china?

No...it reaches Shanghai if it is launched from anywere in NE india and Beijing if launched from Arunachal or northern Assam.

We need a missile that reaches Harbin(northernmost of the big cities in China) from anywere in Central India.

Frankly, do you really think China will go to war, if we think that everything South West of Beijing is going to become dust? So your missiles can't reach Beijing, so what? In the event of nuclear war, Beijing and most of Central Asia will become radioactive hellholes.

NO. Your current missile arsenal is enough.

Frankly, do you really think China will go to war, if we think that everything South West of Beijing is going to become dust? So your missiles can't reach Beijing, so what? In the event of nuclear war, Beijing and most of Central Asia will become radioactive hellholes.

Its not about going to wars....its about self protection...even India will not stop its development process and ruin the country by going into a war with China who is more advance missile than India.

But at the same time one cannot forget that we have engaged in war with China once and we shared a cold relation with China..so no need to expand the Indian missile systems..but atleast have the weapons enough to protect itself in case the situation becomes sour again.

Ur logic is off the point..
Did Nehru think China will go to war in 1962..?
Wat if in case of a war china pre-emptively destroys our silos in NE india which is small in area.
So we need Missiles of range that can be launched from central or South-central India to maintain our credible deterrence vis-a-vis China.
Also SLBM are needed.
We need to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Back
Top Bottom