What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

@jbond,

Let the 6 falcons arrive and the DRDO Awacs ready...
Let the FGFA be ready to scramble...
Let the Indian AAD be ready to take down all enemy Missiles...
Let the Shaurya be ready sitting in SILOs,
Let Brahmos 2 be ready...

Enter 2020...

my 'Let' (ABOVE)would be a word of past... So will be the 'enemy'S' SLIGHTEST COURAGE TO EVEN THINK TO EYE OUR NATION.

Which version of S300 India has , i doubt the one which is listed above.

Secondly no one posted about MAITRI - DRDO+MBDA joint product

Which version of S300 India has , i doubt the one which is listed above.

We don't have any S-300.

August 1995 the Indian Defense Secretary Nambiar went to Russia to observe tests of the missiles near Moscow. The $1 billion purchase is said to include six S-300 systems, with each combat system consisting of 48 missiles. Reportedly in June 1996 27 S-300 missiles were delivered to India.
ST68.jpg
[/IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-300_(missile)
India has bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion, probably the S-300PMU-2 version, believed to consist of 48 missiles
e8ef08a5e3c68c9f210fe5d3571e39e0.jpg

The only working anti sam in the Indian Arsenal is the S-300 system.

The rest are all rubbish.

Spyder sounds like a good future prospect, but its a long way to go before induction and operational.

Indeed its a beautifuly presented thread , congratulations xinix.

Now according to my opinion S-300 family is the most potent weapon we have seen yet and this being in India's arsnell will provide effective coverage .

But India faces a problem which is its well spread terrain and it would be very hard to defend that air space.

India can protect the vital installations throuh these systems but they wont be able to protect their full air space unlike Pakistan.

Now The Indian system can be evaded trough low flying aircrafts and avoiding SAM sites which would take prior warning to do so.

The other counter meassure can be Anti Radiation missiles ie MAR-1 which has more range than the low altitude SAM which means that MAR-1 will destroy the sam Site way too long before the Phased array radar will detect the air craft flying extremely low .

e7ccdcc5794f0a70cdcba98b322c7ba9.jpg

Rest of the Long Range SAM sites can be taken out through Air Launched Cruise missiles ie Ra'ad ALCM and Land based systems ie Babur also through BVR Glide Bombs ie H-4.

HatfVIII_Raad2.JPG

H-4 BVRB

34d766b3d21e88d51c062dee742f6cc4.jpg

In case of war with Pakistan these SAM's would not come into use as there would not be any Deep Penetration in Indian Air space by PAF because of its defensive doctrine.

As far as the ABM Defense system is concerned let me tell you " Ballistic Missile cannot be stopped " and all of these systems ie Patriot and THAAD are no more than Scare tactics.

Regards: BB :pakistan:

Last edited:

Anti-sam , My God i never heard of it. I am totally confused of this type of s-300

Spyder sounds like a good future prospect, but its a long way to go before induction and operational.

Sorry to disappoint but short , bcoz deal is already done - First batch is already due in May10 for Air-Force,
Army will place order during upcoming visit of Israel's defence minister. Here is the credible proof from DID (defence industry daily)

India Buys Israeli “SPYDER” Mobile Air Defense System

The rest are all rubbish

If you meant old and outdated , i agree.Bcoz Shortly will be phased out by new SAM system and AKASH.
If you are mocking it bcoz its Russian - then continue and GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
@firefighter.

Except for Trishul, the remaing are operatioal or will be in max 2 years.

Btw, what is ur definition of a 'rubbish' SAM ?

Akash missile is very successful with 99% kill rate. Ordered by army and IAF , proves that the missile is definately superb...

The rest are all rubbish.

really can you say which of our sams are rubbish???

Future Options :

1. India has been offered the deadly S-400 and Patriot SAMs.

2. India is Possibly developing MR SAM with Israel

3. India is also visualizing to develop s Land based SAM , Basd on the Successful Astra BVR Missile.

@XINIX
Can you elaborate about the last two points or provide a source?

Even if coded, the "event" is recorded and timed for subsequent analysis. Combined with Imagery Intelligence and communications that preceded the tests (also during the test), it will become easy to analyse and decode. I shall give you a reference for this and very exact reference,

Go to page 158 of the book, "Aerospace Reconnaissance" by Group Captain Oxlee.

Read this interesting article

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-...ence/kent-csi/vol8no4/html/v08i4a03p_0001.htm

Yes it is possible to analyse certain parameters of missile like range and payload information. However, it is not possible to determine the key to the channel assignments nor a list of calibrations. They use what is known as "radio silence" to protect much of the information to be tapped.

So using telemetry intelligence once can guess the range and payload capacity of missile, it is not possible to obtain the complete information regarding the test.

Live long and prosper .. \\// /

Last edited:
Thanks XiNiX
I was looking for this post for quite sometime.

If someone could post operational capabilities of S-300/400 compared with MR - BARAK 8 SAM.

I guess for short range - SPYDER is done deal
Medium range - AKASh will be inducted
Long range- BARAK 8 or is it s400?????

Also there is talk of DRDO+MBDA joint project - MAITRI not sure abt its range and class?????

Barak 8 is a medium range SAM meant for the IN, I am also trying to get more infos about Maitri short range SAM at the moment. All I know so far is, that Trishul SAM was cancelled and the forces wanted a co-development with a foreign company, by using parts of Trishul too. For the meantime IAF evaluated MBDA MICA VL and Rafael Spyder SAM for the SR-SAM class and the Israeli system had won. In my understanding they should try to get a co-development with the Spyder SAM too, but it seems that MBDA and MICA is the basis they want to go with, which is not really logic to me!
Buying Spyder SAM and already form a co-development with Rafael on Barak 8 SAM, would make Maitri co-development very easy, not sure why they want to go to the Europeans instead?

Barak 8 is a medium range SAM meant for the IN, I am also trying to get more infos about Maitri short range SAM at the moment. All I know so far is, that Trishul SAM was cancelled and the forces wanted a co-development with a foreign company, by using parts of Trishul too. For the meantime IAF evaluated MBDA MICA VL and Rafael Spyder SAM for the SR-SAM class and the Israeli system had won. In my understanding they should try to get a co-development with the Spyder SAM too, but it seems that MBDA and MICA is the basis they want to go with, which is not really logic to me!
Buying Spyder SAM and already form a co-development with Rafael on Barak 8 SAM, would make Maitri co-development very easy, not sure why they want to go to the Europeans instead?

Nope , Barak 8 is also meant for Indian Airforce
land version with 80 kms range .
Check the net:toast_sign:

Back
Top Bottom