What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Update On Nirbhay Cruise Missile

I asked DRDO chief Dr VK Saraswat about the Nirbhay cruise missile programme yesterday. He says the subsonic cruise vehicle technology demonstrator, being built with some minor collaboration with Israel (no major systems), has not yet reached system integration stage. However the Hyderabad-based Advanced Systems Laboratory (an ASL team visited Israel in November last year) has completed design of the propulsion system and the full aerodynamic study. Dr Saraswat has said that the ASL will be able to "show something" soon. A couple of sources I spoke to later said a mock-up of the Nirbhay is likely to debut at AeroIndia 2011. A mobile autonomous launcher for the Nirbhay is currently being developed by the Pune-based Research & Development Establishment (Engineering).

PhotoArt ©Shiv Aroor / LiveFist

are there also any developments to launch the weapon from sea based launchers and airborne launchers?

Agni-V is a all new game in Asia. It will be the most advanced ballistic missile when tested next year. Not only because it is robust or canisterized but its immunity against BMD and fault tolerance capability.

Agni-III with so much weight and 2.5 ton payload have the range much more than it was disclosed. As will the Agni-V...

No

Its well known China was first to develop & employ Rocket. But the battlefield significance was first time seen and recorded when Tipu Sultan used them in India. As India and China never ever kept records for use of Europeans, and both ended up being colonies, these facts are little known.

Its similar to JC Bose being first to use radiowaves to ring a wireless bell but Marconi being given the benefit of being the inventor!! (which was 1 year later)

China was never a colony and China do keep records of the inventions! It was never interpreted to English

Agni-V is a all new game in Asia. It will be the most advanced ballistic missile when tested next year. Not only because it is robust or canisterized but its immunity against BMD and fault tolerance capability.

Agni-III with so much weight and 2.5 ton payload have the range much more than it was disclosed. As will the Agni-V...

Agni V will not be the most advanced ballistic missile in Asia. There are already such capability missile operational.

There is no ballistic missile immunity against BMD.

Agni V will not be the most advanced ballistic missile in Asia. There are already such capability missile operational.

There is no ballistic missile immunity against BMD.

Is there any ballistic missile in Asia that built with anti-BMD and MIRV? Agni-5 being developed with anti-BMD capabilities in mind from starting. Its not just a added component. Just like F-22 and PAK FA built to be stealth not like F-18 Hornet later modified to Super Hornet.

Name a ballistic missile with anti-BMD and MIRV from Asia.

NEW DELHI: India has completed the propulsion system design of its new cruise missile 'Nirbhay' which will have a strike range of 800 kms, DRDO chief V K Saraswat has said.

"The development of the system is on. We have completed the propulsion system's design. But we have not integrated it.

Once we reach the integration stage, we will show it you," he told reporters here last night.

Saraswat said the missile is a technology demonstrator.

India already has in its arsenal 'BrahMos', a 300-km range cruise missile developed in collaboration with Russia.

It has various versions for use by all the three wings of the armed forces.

Saraswat said the country is also gearing to test its its indigenous Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) shield in near future, a programme, he claimed, is more sophisticated than the Chinese one.

"This is one area where we are senior to China," he said when asked to compare Indian BMD programme with that of China, which carried out its first test-firing on January 14.

He was addressing a press conference on the recent test firing of Agni-III missile, which has strike range of 3500 kms and is now ready for induction in the armed forces.

Asked why Pakistan never reported any failures in its missile test programme, Saraswat said, "That is the difference between the democratic India and Pakistan."

He said that even when the US, with its large technological base, started testing its BMD, seven out of 14 tests had failed consecutively.

The DRDO Chief said that though China had tested its BMD capabilities just recently, India knew about it after they carried out the A-SAT test in 2007. Prior to it, the Chinese missile programme was kept under the wraps, he said.

He said the Indian programme had started in 2006 and had 60-70 per cent indigenous content in it.

Saraswat said Indian BMD development programme would have two phases.

"In the first phase, which goes upto 2,000 km range, we will carry out exo-atmospheric, endo-atmospheric and high altitude interceptions and in the second phase, we will take care of targets beyond 5,000 km range."

On the dates of test of the BMD shield, he said it was expected to be carried out within this month.

The New Indian Express - Best of South India News, Entertainment, Cricket, Business, Lifestyle

Bragging the weapons not even tested is really pathetic.

No one was bragging about anything bfore u chinese guys came and made this a pissing contest....there was a discussion going on about news report about agni 5 and its capabilities..but like always make irresponsible pathetic comments and derail the thread...and no action will be taken against u guys bcoz u r anti-india...THAT is PATHETIC:hitwall:

Bhaisaab

We don't need Agni V for Pakistan... Prithvi and Brahmos is enough to target each and every developed city of Pakistan:flame:

Agni V will send msg to not only to Pakistan and China:pakistan::china: but also to them who tried to help Pakistan in 1971...

I know this will only happen after MRCA deal is signed and this will show that it does not poses threat to far allies (Europe).

Some people do have brain to Think in India and they don't think like Pathan's :rofl::mod:

I'm sure you mean Arab Gulf States and Turkey. If India threat these States with Nukes, believe me Turkey would also counter this direct Threat to it's Souvreinity ! In 2015 thei first Nuclear Power Plant will be ready, on the other Side we Turkey have a growing Defence Industry which is able to Built Warships, UAV's, guidet Weapons, Ballistic Missiles, armoured Vehicles, advanced Electronics etc. and a professional trained Millitary Force.

If India will send a Message to Turkey, believe me Turkey send a Message back to India.:sniper:

I'm sure you mean Arab Gulf States and Turkey. If India threat these States with Nukes, believe me Turkey would also counter this direct Threat to it's Souvreinity ! In 2015 thei first Nuclear Power Plant will be ready, on the other Side we Turkey have a growing Defence Industry which is able to Built Warships, UAV's, guidet Weapons, Ballistic Missiles, armoured Vehicles, advanced Electronics etc. and a professional trained Millitary Force.

If India will send a Message to Turkey, believe me Turkey send a Message back to India.:sniper:

and here comes a pakistani stooge...:hitwall:

who the hell in any where said that the missiles are against Turkey..such a delusional mind...india doesnt consider Turkey as its enemy..so keep ur pathetic threats for some 1 else......india's missile are aimed at pakistan or long range ones at china....

if u dont have anything productive to input..atleast dont derail the thread......

and here comes a pakistani stooge...:hitwall:

who the hell in any where said that the missiles are against Turkey..such a delusional mind...india doesnt consider Turkey as its enemy..so keep ur pathetic threats for some 1 else......india's missile are aimed at pakistan or long range ones at china....

if u dont have anything productive to input..atleast dont derail the thread......

I agree with, I don't think that these Missiles are against Turkey or arab Gulf States. But some Fanatics here in this Forum have a other view.

Agni V will send msg to not only to Pakistan and China but also to them who tried to help Pakistan in 1971...

Our Missile is for Deterrence, not to bully Countries. :hitwall:

China was never a colony and China do keep records of the inventions! It was never interpreted to English

oh am sorry if I thought China was a colony from mid 1800s. Very sorry ......

Westerner's invasion of China

I think a physical occupation of a nation is unnecessary to be quantified as a colony when the same country is being exploited in the same way ....

can you kindly explain what was the above link provided talking about?

oh am sorry if I thought China was a colony from mid 1800s. Very sorry ......

Westerner's invasion of China

I think a physical occupation of a nation is unnecessary to be quantified as a colony when the same country is being exploited in the same way ....

can you kindly explain what was the above link provided talking about?

China lost a few battles with Britian. China was forced to pay for Britian losses during the battle. China need to open up her trade with Britian. Opium trade was one of them.

HK was force to be rented to Britian for 100years.

You know I often think WW II is a blessing in disguise for China.

regards

Back
Top Bottom