What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Yeah, as are lakshwadeep. Now that the runway there is being expanded, almost all of IAF's and IN's aircrafts will be able to go there, expanding India's reach from there considerably.

Malay,

Lakshwadeep is very close to the Indian Mainland therefore Strategic Planners dont give it much value as the A&N Islands

It is, i know. But they would have pined over it, had we given it away like Coco Islands ;)

Lakshwadeep is also a VERY important location.

IAF/Navy looking at a Lakshhwadeep more of a place where they are not bothered by the local population and their problems, and do their job peaceful. Karwar being the most important base as well as its largest base transfering mumbai to civilian setup.

For example, In cochin the Navy is in fight with the Cochin Corporation, The Corporation wants to use Navy land for Dumping City waste near Navy Airfield in Wellington Island, navy is arguing that Cochin Authorities dont have proper Waste Disposal techniques and technology, therefore are attracting birds near their airfield, which is increasing the chances of bird hits. Corporation is putting high pressure since the Defense Minister is from kerala.

Navy wants to be more away from Major population areas, so they can avoid problems of this sort

I dont have much Information on that Malay,
Do you know where they have selected land...

The process is 'on'. Though there were a couple of sites. I will have to search my archives. i vaguely remember, it was south of vishakapatnam, i maybe wrong though. But the Navy wants another Karwar type base definitely in the east coast.

Neo, have you found those op/ed articles and newspeices?

On my drive to Goa from Cochin, I had to pass through Karwar, It is basically one of those James Bond type Bases, You have Moutains, Ocean ,Rivers, Passages etc, navy base built around it. Natural Hardened Shelters for the Subs and Ships!! Not an easy place to attack by air,

IIRc Lakhshwadeep's runaway will be increased to form a IN air station.

IN's air wing is ever increasing!

I love the Navy! they does so well with home industries etc, knows their work.

mark my words for this SLBM will come before anything.

Plus whenever you think navy you think of nice girls as well :P

It is from FrontierIndia and their logo that is why,besides Swastika is a eternal symbol of peace.

Yeah dont put the BS that its nazi symbol, etc, etc. Swastika is a very common symbol in India and in Hindu religion.

Neo, have you found some op/ed's about Agni III in Pakistani media?

It is from FrontierIndia and their logo that is why,besides Swastika is a eternal symbol of peace.

What are you serious :rofl: . Last time I checked it was used by the Nazis to promote hell on earth.

Please explain how this is a peace symbol.

Is india changing or something.

Back
Top Bottom