What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Neo, have you found some op/ed's about Agni III in Pakistani media?

Malay,

The event was reported in our media just as another testing, no front page news.
I'm still trying to find editorials or opinions with more analysis, haven't come accross any yet.

Dude the symbol is older than hitlers whole family when born, It is a Traditional symbol of Peace which popped up among many civilizations in different way.

Swastika here is used as watermark to mark the source of the forum so that people wont claim this is my pic, copyright stuff!! nothing else chill mate!!

I wonder why someone isnt asking what is the cloud near the RV ;)

Cuz many others read BR as well ;)

I was rather thinking that you expected this question or maybe wanted this asked:lol:

What are you serious :rofl: . Last time I checked it was used by the Nazis to promote hell on earth.

Please explain how this is a peace symbol.

Is india changing or something.

Symbols have different meaning in different cultures. Swastika for hindus is an emblem of good luck. Its a symbol associated with lord Ganesh(the elephant god). It is often used before the beginning of any ceremony, new business inorder to bring fortune.

Symbols have different meaning in different cultures. Swastika for hindus is an emblem of good luck. Its a symbol associated with lord Ganesh(the elephant god). It is often used before the beginning of any ceremony, new business inorder to bring fortune.

It is not just used in India,but was widely used in Europe as well. Some of the regiments in the European forces,other than the Nazis have this symbol.

Joey

That was an excellent read.
I am happy The Hindu is doing good, It is the last bit of serious journalism in India, but off late I have seen it as extremely anti-america,anti-right.

Anti-tank Nag missile to be ready by year-end

HYDERABAD: The advanced, third generation, hit-to-kill anti-tank Nag missile is expected to be inducted into the Army by the year-end after the completion of the user trials.

“We are ready to induct in large numbers by November-December as the user trials are planned to be completed by June,” S.S.Mishra, project director (Nag), told The Hindu. During the user trials, seven missiles of the land version would be fired against static and moving targets.
Superior range

The land version of the indigenously-developed tactical weapon system was superior in terms of range (four km) to the Javelin of the US and the Spike of Israel. With the army recently seeking an air-borne version, DRDO scientists have begun work on developing such a variant by extending the range to seven km. The air-borne version named ‘Helina’, to be mounted on an ALH helicopter, would be ready in two-and-a-half years, as the system had to be reworked.

Mr. Mishra said the third-generation missile was a ‘truly fire-and-forget’ system. Unlike the first-generation system, in which the operator had to track and guide manually, Nag was entirely autonomous from launch-to-impact to ensure ‘zero-miss distance.’

Top attack capability

Equipped with imaging infrared seeker (IIR), it has ‘lock-on-before launch’ (LOBL) capability with the seeker tracking the target even before firing.

The missile, which could be operated during day and night, has "top-attack" capability. Since all modern tanks are fitted with explosive reactive armour (ERA) to negate the effect of a missile’s warhead, the lethal capability of Nag had been increased by enabling it to carry one of the most powerful tandem warheads ‘to defeat futuristic battle tanks’. When the missile is fired, a pre-cursor charge would initially tackle ERA, followed by the main charge within 250 microseconds. “That way the effect of the ERA is nullified,” he said.

Typically each ‘Namica’, a dedicated missile carrier, would have 12 Nag missiles, eight of them in ready-to-fire mode. The missile has 10-year, maintenance-free shelf life.

The Hindu : National : Anti-tank Nag missile to be ready by year-end

I really am impressed by the tactical missiles being developed by DRDO!
Wayy to go.

I really am impressed by the tactical missiles being developed by DRDO!
Wayy to go.

How much such missiles would be productionsied each year?

Few years ago a hurdle was created regarding its seeker, how does DRDO managed make its way from this hurdle?

I would be glad if you clarify my ignorance over this issues.

Thread closed for moderation.Please note all persons attempting to make this into a flame thread (you know who you are) If you cannot add maturely to a thread restrain yourselves from posting.

Thread re-opened. All persons be warned. Any attempts to create a flame war here will result in bannings.

Let me put my Glasses to dissect this...:police:
Anti-tank Nag missile to be ready by year-end

So the Missile will be ready--as in ready for testing by year end..

HYDERABAD: The advanced, third generation, hit-to-kill anti-tank Nag missile is expected to be inducted into the Army by the year-end after the completion of the user trials.

So the DRDO is positive that trails of its will be sucess.............even though the trails are going for last 10 years???:woot:

“We are ready to induct in large numbers by November-December as the user trials are planned to be completed by June,” S.S.Mishra, project director (Nag), told The Hindu. During the user trials, seven missiles of the land version would be fired against static and moving targets.

Missile will be ready by year end but the test will be carried in June??? To Top it DRDO is sure to supply hundreds by november......just 4 months after trails and approval ---------if all goes well.

Something tells me this is ..............off the shelf solution.....may be new "Indi-genous" way:cheers:

The land version of the indigenously-developed tactical weapon system was superior in terms of range (four km) to the Javelin of the US and the Spike of Israel. With the army recently seeking an air-borne version, DRDO scientists have begun work on developing such a variant by extending the range to seven km.

:yahoo::yahoo: How targeting will be done at seven KM??? small ignorent question obivously.

Nag was entirely autonomous from launch-to-impact to ensure ‘zero-miss distance

Equipped with imaging infrared seeker (IIR), it has ‘lock-on-before launch’ (LOBL) capability with the seeker tracking the target even before firing.

As far as I know seeker was the problem. what is the origin of new seeker???

Back
Top Bottom