What's new

Indian military salary vs Pakistan military Salary?

Bangladesh Pay:

A Second Lieutenant’s basic pay will now be Tk 22,000, up from Tk 11,000.

The other aspects of defence pay scales had been finalised by the defence ministry.

The defence employees, too, had been getting a minimum basic of Tk 4,100 and a maximum of Tk 40,000 but they had bigger basket of allowances.

Defence employees who are not combatants will have a minimum basic of Tk 8,250, and combatants Tk 8,500.

https://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/201...cale-approved-basic-pay-range-tk-8250---78000

I can give you a very realistic answer Since my father was a CMA ,Part of the civil bureaucracy that audits the Military.
A second lieutenant starts his pay around 26,000 based on his scale . https://rightjobs.pk/blog/bps-pay-scales-in-pakistan/

They get the same pay as civil servants of GOP based on BPS but the privileges in military are not even comparable to other south Asian countries, this all started around the Zia Era during which he introduced newer allowances to army officers mainly land ownership before him the army was comparable to civil bureaucracy.
For example one uncle I know is a retired Brigadier of ISI who lives in Askari in a 1 kanal house granted by the Government ,He is retired for nearly 6 years yet he is living a lifestyle which retired Government officers of Scale -22 can only dream about and that I can say from personal experience since my father retired in BPS 22 and we live in a 5 marla house.

The ISI uncle has vintage vehicles about 2-3 , 1-2 Land cruisers and few other cars,This is very much the standard lifestyle of our brigadiers based on the lives of those who myself have seen.
When I used to live in a military colony this was just the ordinary scene ,Honest and moral upright Civil officers were driving around in cheap rusted suzuki Cultus of scale 20 while Brigadiers had 2-3 Honda or toyota's.

You are guaranteed a house if you retire in Pakistan army whereas my father after retiring and serving for nearly all the Important civil institutions in the Coontry like CCMA GHQ, CGA ,AGP were forced to think of two decisions.
  1. Either go back to my hometown in the North which offered far higher living standards .OR
  2. Live in a lowly locality of Punjab where trying to find peace was like trying to dig a hole in the ground till your nails went off ,such is the living standards of Pindi and some parts of ISB where due to urban poverty the people are agitated beyond belief.

People say why I'm highly critical of Pakistan ,It's because I've not traded my moral consciousness for fake nationalism.
Those that praise the status co have seen nothing.

I can give you a very realistic answer Since my father was a CMA ,Part of the civil bureaucracy that audits the Military.
A second lieutenant starts his pay around 26,000 based on his scale . https://rightjobs.pk/blog/bps-pay-scales-in-pakistan/

They get the same pay as civil servants of GOP based on BPS but the privileges in military are not even comparable to other south Asian countries, this all started around the Zia Era during which he introduced newer allowances to army officers mainly land ownership before him the army was comparable to civil bureaucracy.
For example one uncle I know is a retired Brigadier of ISI who lives in Askari in a 1 kanal house granted by the Government ,He is retired for nearly 6 years yet he is living a lifestyle which retired Government officers of Scale -22 can only dream about and that I can say from personal experience since my father retired in BPS 22 and we live in a 5 marla house.

The ISI uncle has vintage vehicles about 2-3 , 1-2 Land cruisers and few other cars,This is very much the standard lifestyle of our brigadiers based on the lives of those who myself have seen.
When I used to live in a military colony this was just the ordinary scene ,Honest and moral upright Civil officers were driving around in cheap rusted suzuki Cultus of scale 20 while Brigadiers had 2-3 Honda or toyota's.

You are guaranteed a house if you retire in Pakistan army whereas my father after retiring and serving for nearly all the Important civil institutions in the Coontry like CCMA GHQ, CGA ,AGP were forced to think of two decisions.
  1. Either go back to my hometown in the North which offered far higher living standards .OR
  2. Live in a lowly locality of Punjab where trying to find peace was like trying to dig a hole in the ground till your nails went off ,such is the living standards of Pindi and some parts of ISB where due to urban poverty the people are agitated beyond belief.

People say why I'm highly critical of Pakistan ,It's because I've not traded my moral consciousness for fake nationalism.
Your uncle paid for the house..

Those houses are built on... No profit, no loss basis..

But in reality... The construction is pathetic. The civilian contractors and corrupt housing department officials make sure to earn as much as they can even from"no profit no loss" scheme.

No brigadier can afford multiple vehicles uncle he has a strong family background.. Meaning family wealth.
However a staff car is given to a gen officer (Brig and above)... It also has a fuel limit.. Meaning anything above the limit.. The fuel comes from officers pay.. And the car itself can't be taken everywhere without a written authority letter.

And alot of colonels,majs drive used cars... Cuz their salary alone can't support that expenditure.. Unless they go on UN missions, have family support etc.

Land isn't guaranteed.. They have a scheme of leasing army land and pony breeding (ponies bred are given to Mona Depot -Army).

And that scheme is only for officers who served in combat areas... Or unless the officer has alot of powa... If you know what I mean.

Almost 25% of my school & college class mates joined the armed services. A few died as captains in 1965 war; most reached the rank of Lt Col/ Col and a couple even made it to the Brigadier. Hence I am fully aware of the privileges army officers enjoy compared to the comparable civilian bureaucrats.

I am sure many people have read Tolstoy’s War & Peace. I recall that Prince Bolkanski during his parting conversation with son Andre Bolkanski when he was going off to fight Napoleon said:

“If you die in the war, I shall be very sad but if you show cowardice, I shall be ashamed”

I have no problem with the army jawans & officers enjoying a pampered life during peace time; however, I expect them to be ready to die for their country during war and not surrender meekly as Pak Army Eastern command did in 1971.

This is the reason why I shall continue to feel extreme disdain for the coward Niazi who brought shame to the entire nation.

Almost 25% of my school & college class mates joined the armed services. A few died as captains in 1965 war; most reached the rank of Lt Col/ Col and a couple even made it to the Brigadier. Hence I am fully aware of the privileges army officers enjoy compared to the comparable civilian bureaucrats.

I am sure many people have read Tolstoy’s War & Peace. I recall that Prince Bolkanski during his parting conversation with son Andre Bolkanski when he was going off to fight Napoleon said:

“If you die in the war, I shall be very sad but if you show cowardice, I shall be ashamed”

I have no problem with the army jawans & officers enjoying a pampered life during peace time; however, I expect them to be ready to die for their country during war and not surrender meekly as Pak Army Eastern command did in 1971.

This is the reason why I shall continue to feel extreme disdain for the coward Niazi who brought shame to the entire nation.
Niaz shab is it Justified to put blame on ONE person,of all ills in that event.

Yes 1 lakh rupees... Because of high allowances when posted in siachin...even my neighbor who is a sub inspector in ITBP get 80k when posted on china border... Usually he get 55k when posted in dehradoon camp or in delhi ITBP training center. My father is a goverment school teacher he teaches till matric and his salary is 65k in hand... People are dying for government jobs here in india its awesome ,but government removed the pension for those who ever joined after 2005, in india now only army gets the pension now. I'm also preparing for SSC CGL exam, through this exam they select Income tax inspectors, Exise inspector, CBI NIA inspectors , audit officers , upper division clerks ..but 10 lakh applicants and 3k seats.

how come these Sepoys who are suppose to me making 1 laks a month complain about the food given to them, they sure can afford to go out and eat everyday

Yes they can have nice meal at kfc siachin where they can even pay through card or cash right ...or if they are posted in jungle in jharkhand they can have a nice lunch at punjabi dhaba daily

they can pack cereals, Europeans Chocolates, expensive dry fruits....they are making a fortunes here man.

on another thought if your country is paying them huge sum of 1 Lakh/month, why cant it afford to give them Rs 50 daal without 2 galon of water in it

If mess or food incharge is doing curruption...how is relate to there salary ? In 7th pay commission it will be more , There salay for 3 month is 1 lakh belive me or not.

I thought you said 1 lakh a month, when you say someone's salary is 1 lakh its understood that you are talking about month

I was 28 years old in 1971 and spent 4 night & 3 days at ESSO Kerosene storage terminal at Keamari when part of it was on fire & also under constant bombardment by the IAF; but we kept deliveries of the petroleum products going. It was a necessary job and someone had to do it

I was not alone, there were three groups of about 20 each in 8 hour shifts; everyone had the choice to refuse but nobody did because we owed it to our motherland.

You could understand my anger & disappointment when Gen. Niazi surrendered; when as civilians, we were prepared to risk our lives for the country; why did Niazi not go down fighting? He was not even injured. We expected our troops to continue fighting bravely instead of a cowardly surrender. (Kindly peruse Hamoodur Rahman report to know how the coward Niazi behaved). I blame the whole military regime of Yahya Khan, but Niazi most of all.

However, at this juncture, all I am saying is that I don't mind the privileged life style of the armed services personnel during peace time but I expect them lay down their lives during war.

Hi,

I don't blame Niazi for laying down the arms---it was a lost cause---.

But many of his actions were shameful---.

He was sacrificed when posted to East pakistan to save the skin of Tikka Khan---and Niazi took it very badly---.

Pakistani generals---overall behavior during the 65 and 71 conflict was extremely bad---. Niazi was no exception---he was just a product of the system that was used to this kind of stuff.

Your uncle paid for the house..

Those houses are built on... No profit, no loss basis..

But in reality... The construction is pathetic. The civilian contractors and corrupt housing department officials make sure to earn as much as they can even from"no profit no loss" scheme.

You think its ethical to live in a house provided by the Government after retirement? Its regular practice that our Military men either have these after retirement and pay their rent as private civilians.
People blame bureaucrats in this country every step of the way ,Yet nobody knows that besides FECHS there isn't any other proper housing scheme for federal employees the high ranking ones let alone those below them ,I know families who retired as senior officers in extremely disheartening conditions who were appealing to FECHS board a few weeks ago ,Even if you get a Plot in FECHS that too is above the reach of senior officers ,Unless they're corrupt of-course.
I used to live in a 1 Kanal house provided by the federal Government ,My father retired on 23 December 2015 and gave a written statement to his office the week before his retirement and house was vacated ,We purchased a 5 marla house where I could barely park my car ,Let's not talk about the people who act retarded in these lowly settlements of Pindi/ISB.
This is a fact which nobody can deny, Army people even retired in 80s with Ranks of Majors or even captains have these housing facilities ,Go check adyala road where I grew up,You won't find anyone above BPS-18 in Army without a fortune,I know this because their children are my friends.

No brigadier can afford multiple vehicles uncle he has a strong family background.. Meaning family wealth.
However a staff car is given to a gen officer (Brig and above)... It also has a fuel limit.. Meaning anything above the limit.. The fuel comes from officers pay.. And the car itself can't be taken everywhere without a written authority letter.

That's Untrue when it comes to practical Examples I have in my life and many people acknowledge this fact, Yes there is a check on such things like fuel limit etc but most Officers I've known tend to have multiple cars.

Land isn't guaranteed.. They have a scheme of leasing army land and pony breeding (ponies bred are given to Mona Depot -Army).

SIR G ,I know a Subedar (Sargent) who lives in Peshawar road Rawalpindi in a 7 marla house ,He is a Chitrali Like I am ,So I can tell you even NCO's (loyal to their CO's) can get to live in decent enough neighborhoods.
When we went to his house ,I was embarrassed to tell his son that we live in a 5 marla house and my father retired in the rank equivalent to a Major General in the army.

Its useless to discuss this If anyone refuses to acknowledge the truth In our society,My Grandfather retired as commissioner Peshawar and he had a shared worse fate which majority of Honest Civil officers endure in this country.

The state should provide equal living standards to all its citizens regardless of their institutional backgrounds or else sadly we promote inequality and corruption as a State policy due to our neglect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom