Army Day 2013

5d17df95-fa60-4527-8f46-07e9f4ddbfd8.jpg

bb127197-f5e8-4bc7-b835-3de14d368702.jpg

6580f582-cefc-4c0f-a01a-2ab7dc32e986.jpg

880ddf76-3003-457a-989c-3625f014382e.jpg

582457_10151271850143071_1283616657_n.jpg

19109_10151271850778071_1533027125_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AK-47+ STORM MX4+ X-95 + Steyr SSG 69 sniper rifle = LOGISITCAL NIGHTMARE!! :hitwall:

More thought needs to be put into these procurements, India is getting the funds to buy what it wants but it doesn't mean it should buy EVERYTHING-THINK!
Most probably the pictures are from Jammu area or northern Punjab.I think most of the BSF units in Jammu region use X95's and AK variants....so most probably it's intermixing of units :unsure:

BSF & CRPF in valley & Jammu region use X95....

Can anyone Explain which unit does this camo pattern belong to in the Indian Army, The Guy is observing the Chinese Excerises in China
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Ghataks are not airborne troops.

AFAIK they are trained in fast roping and some are trained in static-line jumps and paramotoring- this was said after the French-IA ex in 2011 IIRC.

And if these were PARA (SF) or PARA Airborne they'd be using the Tavor, no?

AFAIK they are trained in fast roping and some are trained in static-line jumps and paramotoring- this was said after the French-IA ex in 2011 IIRC.

And if these were PARA (SF) or PARA Airborne they'd be using the Tavor, no?

Slithering is taught to even regular troops and Ghataks are not Airborne troops.

I would like to see the link for that and moreover my sources tell me that regular Para still have VZs but you say otherwise so I am really confused.

Slithering is taught to even regular troops and Ghataks are not Airborne troops.

I would like to see the link for that and moreover my sources tell me that regular Para still have VZs but you say otherwise so I am really confused.

AKAIK the Tavor is now the standard AR of the entire PARA regmt SF and regular so I am a little perplexed as to why if these are PARA (SF/Airborne) as to why they have VZs.

But I still think these could be Ghataks as all you see is them slithering from an ALH not any airborne ops.

AKAIK the Tavor is now the standard AR of the entire PARA regmt SF and regular so I am a little perplexed as to why if these are PARA (SF/Airborne) as to why they have VZs.

But I still think these could be Ghataks as all you see is them slithering from an ALH not any airborne ops.

Thats not slithering.It was a method of fast extraction after slithering.Para were carrying VZ in the most recent documentary about Dhruvs...how can I say that?It's coz of their helmet and eyewear..regulars don't get to wear eyewear to create a "discipline".

Airborne troops are specially trained in Agra and Ghataks are not sent there.Ghataks are sent to Commando School..I would like to see which officer of the IA said this.Lastly airborne troops wear wings..never have I seen a Ghatak wear wings.

Back
Top Bottom