What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Not a salute or greeting. This is a swearing in ceremony- there soldier walking down the ranks has an Indian flag on his tray and as he passes each soldier they place their hand on the flag and recites an oath to serve his/her nation.

Truthseeker here thinks that we are a rogue nuclear nation which is a threat to the world.

Trying to provide him with the proper explanation is an exercise in futility. :omghaha:

2vBl07m.jpg

8IKAhrI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B-05 launch from underwater platform

Last edited by a moderator:

PSK's been saying that these and the c-130s plus the 6 more of the latter that we will probably buy are going to play a crucial role. According to him the 40000 operators being added in the NE are going to have about 15000 or so as air-mobile forces..and these will be the troop-haulers. Accurate?

PSK's been saying that these and the c-130s plus the 6 more of the latter that we will probably buy are going to play a crucial role. According to him the 40000 operators being added in the NE are going to have about 15000 or so as air-mobile forces..and these will be the troop-haulers. Accurate?

It's not far off. The 12 C-130J-30s are for Spec Ops purely, any C-130s over and above this 12 bought by the IAF will be for general utility. C-17s will obviously play a much more crucial role for the new Mountain strike brigade for the NE.

PSK is not a reliable source though I've found, I've asked him some basic questions on things I know to be true and he has denied them.

Some things he is spot on, some he is waaaayyy off.

It's not far off. The 12 C-130J-30s are for Spec Ops purely, any C-130s over and above this 12 bought by the IAF will be for general utility. C-17s will obviously play a much more crucial role for the new Mountain strike brigade for the NE.

PSK is not a reliable source though I've found, I've asked him some basic questions on things I know to be true and he has denied them.

Some things he is spot on, some he is waaaayyy off.

I highly, highly doubt that the Hercules's will be in a dedicated spec ops role. It will be used as general utility transport during peace time etc, whilst keeping SOF deployment as its main role.

Otherwise a majority of the time it'd be a very expensive hangar queen.

I highly, highly doubt that the Hercules's will be in a dedicated spec ops role. It will be used as general utility transport during peace time etc, whilst keeping SOF deployment as its main role.

Most likely they will keep one or two C-130 in ready on call situation for the Spec ops. And maybe rotate the planes so that not all of them are in the hangers all the time.

Most likely they will keep one or two C-130 in ready on call situation for the Spec ops. And maybe rotate the planes so that not all of them are in the hangers all the time.

Sounds about right.

Nope- all 12 will be just for Spec Ops. How would they be "hanger queens"? India has some 10-12,000+ SOF operators leaving aside NSG. AFAIK right now 1-2 are kept on duty specifically for NSG use (the main CT task force based in Delhi) with a further 1-2 on standby at Hindon AFB for use by the 50th (Independant) Parachute Brigade ie the IA's quick reaction froce- in the past the IL-76 had performed this role but their high AOG rate meant that most of the time no a/c was availible to either the NSG or the 50th. [IIRC the next 6 Hercs will be deployed on the East coast and will cover all the way down to A&N islands. Of course, in any emergency the IAF will use whatever assests it has availible and are best poised to render assitence and will thus move men (NDRF) and materials where needed - as we saw in 2011 with the Sikkim earthquake. However for the most part these birds will be flying missions directly in support of the Indian SOFs. For general utility roles the C-130Js are present in too limited numbers to have any real operational advantage over the 100+ An-32 (and MTAs of the future) in service.

Further proof of this is the fact that it has clearly been stated that the aviation assets like the C-130Js will be a part of the J-SOC currently being raised in India.

However there are, apparently, possiblities of addtional C-130Js over and above the 12 for Spec Ops, for the IAF tp be used in general utility roles. This idea is being floated around right now AFAIK as the [IAF has been bloown away by the C-130J's performance in service.

A four Hunter formation Flying over the Rajpath

1613_525525434151540_740407181_n.jpg

A Train under attack from an IAF Hunter in West Pakistan # War of 1971

1000059_524924994211584_1722148451_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom