CRPF Manipur

10dids2.jpg

NSG Commandos

2ugkrxj.jpg

Security Commando (J&K?)

2w3yvbm.jpg

Haryana police bodybuilders

10xx103.jpg

Thanks..so it was about ergonomics and the position is not something that is stressed during training. I thought that it was a neglected or the soldiers did not follow their training.

Yes..pointing downward with one finger on the trigger looks profession while just holdin the handle in one hand like the middle one in this loooks badass

I have to ask another explosive question regarding Army to you - but the absence of PM makes it impossible...:angry:

Thanks..so it was about ergonomics and the position is not something that is stressed during training. I thought that it was a neglected or the soldiers did not follow their training.

Yes..pointing downward with one finger on the trigger looks profession while just holdin the handle in one hand like the middle one in this loooks badass

Things are changing...training over a million troops takes time.

A question to Cold Hearted Acviator :

Dude if you see the pics you would notice even in formation, our soldiers hold their rifles pointing upward while in case of most armies like Pak, US they hold with the rifle pointing downward. Is it a case of lack of triggger discipline or there is some specific reason behind that.

In parades it is what they have been doing since ages and they are trained to do that.

Now comming to the point of them pointing it upwards in other situations like operations i think earlier there was no particular rule or code as to how to hold the weapon so everyone held it in a position they were more comfortable in..not that they didnt have the trigger discipline but still in a position that suited them most.

But since 7-8 years i have been seeing a change in training where everyone is getting trained specially in the Army to keep the gun barrel pointing downwards(foreign army type) and nowadays you would hardly see a infantrymen pointing his barrel upwards.

Since you have asked i want to take this oppurtunity to highlight a few more things..I also used to wonder the same thing among others like why are our troops not trained in advanced room intervention techniques..why do only two soldiers do room intervention drills in the Army in buddy pairs?..why doesnt the IA use the sniper extensively?..why doesnt the IA SF carry a secondary weapon etc.

But these things have been changed in the last few years and IA is investing a lot in training.I have seen the Army all my life since the early 90s and never have i seen the training in the Army change as much as i have seen in the last 7-8 years.

Morever upwards or downwards doesnt matter as long as the barrel is not pointing towards someone but yeah pointing it downwards looks more professional and cool.;) (i hate it when they keep it on their shoulders)

I have been watching a lot of US Seal videos in the past few months and i have noticed that in their room intervention technique just before entering a door they keep the barrel pointing upwards.

Different units have different techniques!

I have to agree with Coldhearted- things have changed drastically in the last few years. If you go back and look even at the start of the 2000s you will see some shoddy weapon discipline with guns being fired from the hip in some cases and rifles carried over soldiers. Evne the SFs were guilty of this. But if you look nowadays you will not find this has almost been eradicated and that IA soldiers have pretty good weapon discipline and especially the guys on deployment ie JK- weapons being held and operated in a very "Western" style and fingers on trigger guards always. SF have gone 100% u-turn and if you see the way they operate you will see they move like any SF on the planet-they are almost unrecognisable!!And sidearmes for SF is standard now- no more a pope dream or luxury! I feel weapons have a lot to play in this- in the past the soldiers were lumbering around with heavy and long SLRs and the like. But also training has dramatically changed and is changing as we speak. Now even the most regular of infantry will operate "properly" as you have said. I was pretty amazed watching a vid on CIJWS seeing REGULAR infantry doing a room intervention drill looking like SF in movement and weapon discipline.

+ yeah I have seen many SEAL room intervention drills where they point their weapons up and being them down on entering a room. I have seen this practiced since 1990s so I don't know if it is that new to them. I don't know why behave adopted this because almost every other room intervention drill I've seen by SOFs and regular guys has seen a weapons being brought UP on entering a room-'this is how Indian SF seem to work too. Ot is particularly apparent in "ACTS OF VALOR" where they seem to mount a camera on a SEAL's rifle when conducting Room intervention and you clearly see the weapon is pointed up and brought down. Interesting- but every force has their own particular techniques and uniqueness.

My 2c.

I have to agree with Coldhearted- things have changed drastically in the last few years. If you go back and look even at the start of the 2000s you will see some shoddy weapon discipline with guns being fired from the hip in some cases and rifles carried over soldiers. Evne the SFs were guilty of this. But if you look nowadays you will not find this has almost been eradicated and that IA soldiers have pretty good weapon discipline and especially the guys on deployment ie JK- weapons being held and operated in a very "Western" style and fingers on trigger guards always. SF have gone 100% u-turn and if you see the way they operate you will see they move like any SF on the planet-they are almost unrecognisable!!And sidearmes for SF is standard now- no more a pope dream or luxury! I feel weapons have a lot to play in this- in the past the soldiers were lumbering around with heavy and long SLRs and the like. But also training has dramatically changed and is changing as we speak. Now even the most regular of infantry will operate "properly" as you have said. I was pretty amazed watching a vid on CIJWS seeing REGULAR infantry doing a room intervention drill looking like SF in movement and weapon discipline.

+ yeah I have seen many SEAL room intervention drills where they point their weapons up and being them down on entering a room. I have seen this practiced since 1990s so I don't know if it is that new to them. I don't know why behave adopted this because almost every other room intervention drill I've seen by SOFs and regular guys has seen a weapons being brought UP on entering a room-'this is how Indian SF seem to work too. Ot is particularly apparent in "ACTS OF VALOR" where they seem to mount a camera on a SEAL's rifle when conducting Room intervention and you clearly see the weapon is pointed up and brought down. Interesting- but every force has their own particular techniques and uniqueness.

My 2c.

PARA particularaly have been doing this since 90s too but i doubt this has anything to do with SEALS.In most videos you get to see the PARA(regular) pointing the barrel upwards.

(Acc. to me)
The thing is that basically our SF and Infantry were expert in Jungle,Mountain and Desert environment and not that much in Urban environment.So they have changed this in recent years because you normally saw strange room intervention techniques with only 2 guys and no sniper before 2007 but now we have even saw Snipers being put in helicopters and proper room intervention taking place wherever practical.

Exercises with foreign armies have also helped.Having said that i will stress on the fact that we have the best jungle and mountain region fighters and a little bit fine tuning was needed in Urban skills which has been done and has been specially taken care of after 26/11.

Like Abindonboy said i was also surprised to see the regular Infantry guys skill in Room intervention in CIJWS.CIJWS is the best school of its kind in India(Asia also) and the best thing is that in the IA all officers of all the "fighting arms" have to complete the "Commando course" as they have to be a part of RR in the future.

So our cavalier is not just a cavalier but a trained Commando who can be lethal even if his tank develops a mechanical failure in the battlefield. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
522221_10151161233833071_1795993691_n.jpg

Mig 21 confronting a Flanker sqd.

58838_10151133357066395_462578381_n.jpg

P 8I Posiden

67157_466670420052149_1822204780_n.jpg

Tejas

409263_10151161933238071_909868574_n.jpg

MiG-29 KUB on INS Vikramaditya

644026_10151161820583071_222951929_n.jpg

554108_10151161882483071_86580349_n.jpg

Twin-seat MiG-29 KUB fighter aircraft that the Indian Navy has acquired Flying on ins vikramaditya

302737_10151132083301395_338610231_n.jpg

A View From Mi-35 Akbar Attack Helicopter During Exercise Shoorveer

940x355ximage2png.php,qsrc=,_2012,_11,_BREAKING_201211040333_940x355.jpeg,awidth=940,aheight=355,aquality=70,amode=fixed,aform=jpg.pagespeed.ic.pdHwCh9Smv.jpg

CRPF needs much more training. Without that sending them to face the Maoists in their terrain is just sending valuable men to their death..:hitwall:

CRPF needs much more training. Without that sending them to face the Maoists in their terrain is just sending valuable men to their death..:hitwall:

True..!! I think Gov should send IA in there and clear the mess for once and all, because it'snt look like that CRPF can wipeout them and they are getting killed in there which has also resulted an increase in drop out from the force. I know its not good to use Army within the country but when things aren't getting in control the last resort will and must be used.

Brahmos was in there. Lock and Loaded. :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom