What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

This is lame. This sort of ceremony has no place in a modern day law enforcement agency- doin a pooja for weapons is just stupid.

Please Dont - We do SHASTRA Puja on Dushera in All Regiments. There is a saving in Fauj " My Weapon is Dear than my Wife, as it saves me each and every time. "

Officers/JCos in Arty have died by Doing Gun Slaughter when Enemy was had Over Run..But we never left our weapon.

All Infantry Officers/Jawans keep last Bullet for Them selves.

Vyam Shastram, Vyam Balwan, Vyam Rakshak.

LCH TD2 assembly workshop (Old)

LCH3.jpg

LCH4.jpg

LCH5.jpg

Counter op personals ...Interestingly I don't understand why they are culling spent brasses from ground??????? during encounters u not need to submit empty cases to armory......Any answers???

Because spent brass is sent back to the ordnance factories. There is always a shortage of brass and the refined brass is all the better.

Counter op personals ...Interestingly I don't understand why they are culling spent brasses from ground??????? during encounters u not need to submit empty cases to armory......Any answers???

2evg5qp.jpg
Almost every army does this- collect them and send them to be re-used. Most militaries have a deal with their ammo suppliers that they get a certain discount on new ammo for returning certain quantities of spent ammo. Learnt this during my time in the CCF-would spend hours after range days and exercises trying to find the spent cartridges!!

This is lame. This sort of ceremony has no place in a modern day law enforcement agency- doin a pooja for weapons is just stupid.

Its called tradition buddy. And Indian Army,Para military are rooted in tradition. Heck every army is rooted in some kinda tradition. It improves the morale,faith and the espirit de corps. Man more than the machine matters. Why else do you think war cries of the most regiments are religious in nature ?

Just because they do puja does not mean they are not a modern day law-enforcement agency. It is not only done in the Army and sec forces, every industry, factory they do. Heck I've see Indian workers in foreign countries like Canada doing this puja during this time of the year.

Almost every army does this- collect them and send them to be re-used. Most militaries have a deal with their ammo suppliers that they get a certain discount on new ammo for returning certain quantities of spent ammo. Learnt this during my time in the CCF-would spend hours after range days and exercises trying to find the spent cartridges!!

But this pic is different...they are not collecting it for recycling.

But this pic is different...they are not collecting it for recycling.

They could be doing it for both recycling and security reasons. Not to mention a hearts and minds intiative- I doubt Kashmiris would appreciate the IA/CAPFs leaving 100s of spent cartridges scatered allover their neighbourhood everytome there is a firefight.

DE29-P07_4COL_G_DE_1251223f.jpg

Indian Air Force pilots training on Pilatus PC-7 Mk II basic trainer aircraft in Switzerland. The aircraft will be inducted by the Air Force in February

They could be doing it for both recycling and security reasons. Not to mention a hearts and minds intiative- I doubt Kashmiris would appreciate the IA/CAPFs leaving 100s of spent cartridges scatered allover their neighbourhood everytome there is a firefight.

In an operation they are not supposed to do that...training is different.

Back
Top Bottom