What's new

Indian Manned Space Program

Damn!The Iranians are better than ISRO, at least they know how to put a freakin camera on the rocket.:cheesy:

This is what we have so far :

2014-11-04-18-26-08-01-png.146674

index-2-jpeg.27494

«کاوشگر پژوهش» در یک نگاه

93.jpg

We have our own scary monster ... but we can't launch it because of negotiations !

ghaem-slv-jpg.157761
Where did you get that sketch from? Is it from the conceptual design phase?

OMG , no one is desperate to do anything , let the man express his opinions for god's sake .

iran is not in a position to even support it's own program let alone others , so don't worry .

everyone will follow its own program , we are just here to congratulate our indian friends (if thats okey with u) , and thats it ....

iranians out . @SOHEIL
Sir, believe me none of what I have said was meant to offend Iranians. I have a lot of respect for you and your nation. I was simply questioning the rational behind this proposal/suggestion from certain members. I was looking to have a discussion on the pros and cons of such partnership but I was not looking to drive you or anyone else away nor was I claiming I my opinion carried more weight than anyone else's (in fact it probably carries much less).

I sincerely apologise if I have offended anyone.

OMG , no one is desperate to do anything , let the man express his opinions for god's sake .

iran is not in a position to even support it's own program let alone others , so don't worry .

everyone will follow its own program , we are just here to congratulate our indian friends (if thats okey with u) , and thats it ....

iranians out . @SOHEIL
Haman,i offer my sincerest apology on behalf of him.He is a British national of Indian origin and hence his mindset is influenced by the western society,that's the main reason why he seems to be a bit harsh or you could say rude to Iran because this is the way Iran is portrayed by the biased western media.However he is a loyal and patriotic Indian by heart and only wants what is best for this country.But i can assure you that most of the Indians don't share his views.We cherish our friendship with Iran and her people and want to extend that age old friendship in different field in form of active collaboration and co-operation.So if he has hurt your feelings somehow(although that wasn't his intention) i offer my sincere apology on his behalf:-)

US won't tolerate an Iran Telecom satellite !

We need our own positioning satellites for military purposes !

If negotiations fails you will find out ...

View attachment 177136

Thanks to the China and recent clashes with Russia.US global clout is drastically waning.That is why they seek new relation with nations like Cuba.
At this stage they cant antagonise Iran .And We will have a multipolar world after 20 years from now.US will become one power among so many powers.

collaboration =/= help .....

iran may not be able to "add" anything to your boosters , but we certainly can shorten and squeeze the time table .

i am curious to know what u think of iran ? a third-world dum dum nation with no regards to science ?

pal our astronauts will be in space just 5-10 years after yours take off ..... so yeah . we are just about half a decade behind u .

our best wishes to ISRO and indian nation .

That is truly amazing.We have some other nation that start space programs even before the establishment of ISRO.But cant move forward with it.
But here even if all these sanctions .You have managed to develop aSLV and also have an active manned mission program.Impressive bro :tup:
Hardwork of Iranian scientists is commendable .

Sir, believe me none of what I have said was meant to offend Iranians. I have a lot of respect for you and your nation. I was simply questioning the rational behind this proposal/suggestion from certain members. I was looking to have a discussion on the pros and cons of such partnership but I was not looking to drive you or anyone else away nor was I claiming I my opinion carried more weight than anyone else's (in fact it probably carries much less).

I sincerely apologise if I have offended anyone.
dear mate , i saw nothing insulting in your post . 99% of indians that i've seen are extremely polite that includes u .

it looks like i'm the one who should apologize since my post was mis-interpreted .

Haman,i offer my sincerest apology on behalf of him.He is a British national of Indian origin and hence his mindset is influenced by the western society,that's the main reason why he seems to be a bit harsh or you could say rude to Iran because this is the way Iran is portrayed by the biased western media.However he is a loyal and patriotic Indian by heart and only wants what is best for this country.But i can assure you that most of the Indians don't share his views.We cherish our friendship with Iran and her people and want to extend that age old friendship in different field in form of active collaboration and co-operation.So if he has hurt your feelings somehow(although that wasn't his intention) i offer my sincere apology on his behalf:-)
OMG , i love u bro o_O

nothing happened , we are just having a discussion and you are extremely nice .

Thanks bro

Indians as usual...:hitwall:

are cool and nice people :D

That is truly amazing.We have some other nation that start space programs even before the establishment of ISRO.But cant move forward with it.
But here even if all these sanctions .You have managed to develop aSLV and also have an active manned mission program.Impressive bro :tup:
Hardwork of Iranian scientists is commendable .
Thank u dear , thats nice of u to say .

Guys there was another proposal from ISRO where a RLV systems ,called as AVATAR, .It will lift off as any other vehicle but will return as an aircraft .But now there is no news about it.
@Abingdonboy @mike Brando

@SOHEIL @haman10 perhaps you may heard about it.
Afaik,Avatar RLV is still at the design phase although i can't be absolutely sure in this regard.Let's ask @gslv mk3 who has got considerable knowledge in this matter.

Guys there was another proposal from ISRO where a RLV systems ,called as AVATAR, .It will lift off as any other vehicle but will return as an aircraft .But now there is no news about it.
@Abingdonboy @mike Brando

@SOHEIL @haman10 perhaps you may heard about it.

First flight 2025 (proposed)

Ntaf221208.jpg

DETAILS OF RLV-TD:

Introduction

ISRO is developing fully Reusable Launch Vehicle (RLV) technology for two stage to orbit (TSTO) capability.

The first stage will be powered by a semi cryogenic winged booster capable of flying back and landing on a runway near the launch site like a conventional aircraft after burnout.

The second stage will be cryogenic. It will deliver the satellite into orbit, de-orbit and re-enter the atmosphere and parachute down to a soft landing on balloons.

The RLV has been conceived by ISRO as a space launch system that will significantly cut down launch cost from the present level of around $12,000 / kg.

RLV-TD

As a first step towards developing TSTO capability based on RLVs, ISRO will flight test a Reusable Launch Vehicle - Technology Demonstrator (RLV-TD) that will serve as a flying test bed to evaluate various technologies viz., hypersonic flight, autonomous landing, powered cruise flight and hypersonic flight using air breathing propulsion.

ISRO displayed a scale model of the RLV-TD at Aero India 2009.

The RLV-TD will possess wings and tail fins, and will be launched atop a 9 ton solid booster called S-9, similar to the ones on the PSLV.

RLV-TD is reported to be 9m long, with its wing span also measuring 9m.
Design Approval

On January 5, 2012, DNA reported that the National Review Committee had approved the design of the RLV-TD.

An Isro official said design-related issues have been addressed and presented to the National Review Committee and clearance obtained to go ahead to build the RLV-TD.

Wind Tunnel Tests

ISRO has a hypersonic wind tunnel facility at VSSC, Trivandrum installed by Hind High Vacuum (HHV) Bangalore. The system comprises three Horton Spheres, each 16.3m dia. and 2200 cu m capacity. The system has two parallel pumping trains, each with two mechanical booster pumps with pumping speed of 30,000 cu m / hr backed successively by a 14,000 cu m / hr and 7,000 cu m / hr booster pump and finally by three rotary piston pumps, each with a pumping speed of 1325 cu m / hr.

As in January 2012, the facility was in the process of being commissioned.

Phased Development

Reusable Launch Vehicle technology will be developed in phases through a series of trial flights.

The first in the series of trials is the hypersonic flight experiment (HEX) followed by the landing experiment (LEX), return flight experiment (REX) and scramjet propulsion experiment (SPEX).
Hypersonic Flight Experiment (HEX)

Flight testing will start with RLV-TD (HEX). During the mission, a booster rocket will take the RLV to a specific altitude and release it. The booster rocket will fall back into the sea. The lofted RLV will re-enter the atmosphere independently and be guided for a controlled landing in the sea.

In the first trial-flight, the RLV will not be recovered from sea because it will not be cost-effective to do so. ISRO will instead use telemetry data data on the re-entry, deceleration and return.

Landing Experiment (LEX)

In the second phase RLV will be tested without its scramjet engine. After burnout, the booster will separate and fall away, and the RLV-TD will go on to make an unpowered ascent.

The RLV-TD will then re-enter the atmosphere at hypersonic speed and use aerodynamic breaking to decelerate. It will be brought to a gliding, unpowered cruise speed of about 0.8 mach, and slowed down further to make a horizontal landing.

Return Flight Experiment (REX)

In this phase, the RLV-TD will be launched to orbit and then de-orbited for a landing on a runway.

Scramjet Propulsion Experiment (SPEX)

Eventually, the RLV will be powered by an air breathing scram jet which is being developed under a separate project called Advanced Technology Vehicle (ATV).

Target Completion Date

When initially announced, it was hoped that RLV technology will mature by 2015, by which time the solid rocket booster capable of being recovered and reused would have been developed, as also the scramjet engine to power the RLV.

In June 2011, ISRO Chairman Dr. Radhakrishnan indicated that the program is behind schedule.

First flight of RLV, initially planned for 2010-2011 will now take place in 2012-2013. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom