What's new

Indian jaguars capability............

Oh cmon , It was obvious Mig27 wont serve us more than 2015 . Sukhoi will take their role even will be like overkill wrt to Mig27 when armed with Brahmos and Nirbhay . IAF has given true strike role capability to Su30mki now.
But the problem is falling nos of Mig21 , forcing early retirement .
And old Jaguars .
LCA and MRCA have been delayed by good 5 years . So what to do with Mig21 Su30 can take their places but HAL is only giving 8MKI per year . How many should replace 21 and how many to 27 for time being .
Thats why its imperative that LCA and MRCA come quickly so that su30 can replace all Mig27 and old Jags .

Oh cmon , It was obvious Mig27 wont serve us more than 2015 . Sukhoi will take their role even will be like overkill wrt to Mig27 when armed with Brahmos and Nirbhay . IAF has given true strike role capability to Su30mki now.
But the problem is falling nos of Mig21 , forcing early retirement .
And old Jaguars .
LCA and MRCA have been delayed by good 5 years . So what to do with Mig21 Su30 can take their places but HAL is only giving 8MKI per year . How many should replace 21 and how many to 27 for time being .
Thats why its imperative that LCA and MRCA come quickly so that su30 can replace all Mig27 and old Jags .

the rate has been increased to 27 mki's per year starting from 2010.....

also mig 27 will be replaced by another aircraft as told to Force magazine by FM.Homi Major in aug..2009 he mentioned the aircraft could be AMCA or a better optimized MMRCA if the deal is increased to 200 from 126 in present......

the rate has been increased to 27 mki's per year starting from 2010.....

Sorry , looks like i missed that .
Can you post a Press release / source .

also mig 27 will be replaced by another aircraft as told to Force magazine by FM.Homi Major in aug..2009 he mentioned the aircraft could be AMCA or a better optimized MMRCA if the deal is increased to 200 from 126 in present......

Mig27 are for early retirement . AMCA hasn't left Drawing boards. So AMCA is out of question for next 12 years .
MRCA only possibility but if and only if Nos are increased .
Rt now number stands at 126 no more than that.

Sir , I think its still 8-12 .
14 was the last hope expressed by HAL chairman . 18 is what IAF is asking to finish manufacturing by2016.
At current the highest numbered machine , i have seen is SB0142. thats 142 - 18su30k = 124 . Now Russia gave us 90 . That is we have built 34 machines in 6 years .

Sir , I think its still 8-12 .
14 was the last hope expressed by HAL chairman . 18 is what IAF is asking to finish manufacturing by2016.
At current the highest numbered machine , i have seen is SB0142. thats 142 - 18su30k = 124 . Now Russia gave us 90 . That is we have built 34 machines in 6 years .

Yeah, I too guess so, as The current rate is 14, and IAF wants it to be 18+ for which the work is going on....

Yeah, I too guess so, as The current rate is 14, and IAF wants it to be 18+ for which the work is going on....

well i read that interview of Hal nasik facility chairman...saying they could achieve 27per year...they said the avionics facility was producing at a rate of 30mki avionics per year <due to orders by Malaysia also...vetrivel avionics>he added that the problem lies with the ejection seat funda where russia has not transfered the technology...and its delay in providing that crucial part is simply delaying the process....he said IAF will have a bulk of 280 mki's by 2017....<includes the recent order of 40 mki's with bramhos,advanced ground attack capability>

oooops sorry just cross checked the mag....he said he "could" by 2010
dont know the current fate

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom