What's new

Indian Inventions throughout the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the picture of Original lion Capital of Ashoka on which our National Emblem is based kept at "Sarnath Museum" in Varanasi. The Capital originally created in 250BC is highly polished stone sculpture and still shines even after 2300 Years. Kudos to the creator who created this beautiful Sculpture using his chisel and hammer.

observing%20the%20Ashoka%20Pillar.JPG.png

Handing over Taj to Pakistan? :confused:

No, how much it belong to you what your ancestors left :D

Many Pakistani Muslims had ancestors who also contributed towards these inventions which you are talking about here :)

Many Pakistani Muslims had ancestors who also contributed towards these inventions which you are talking about here :)

I agree with that part like IVC belongs to both Pakistan and India but if you ask some Pakistani members like Rafi they will say it only belongs to Pakistan. :)

i dont see any religion to be different in terms of god,after all he has enough choices in hinduism and he even has a choice to not bow before any statue god of hinduism but just a spiritual one.

I see all organized religion,even the hinduism of today as a cultural/political affiliation and has nothing to do with faith in god or not having faith.Is just a political choice,my grandfather used to go to the temple thrice a day and do yoga and suryanamaskar 3-4 times a day and all this is not even required for him to be doing it,but he did it out of choice.

our cultural symbols are only that of santana dharma and if any of my family members were to disown it,they get disowned off the home right onto the street off by themselves.I have nothing to do with them from there on.

we are also very tribal here in India but the only thing is i wont enforce it upon other people.

Thats what i meant by politics,books and scriptures mean nothing if the intreprtation is hijacked by men of political intentions.

Do you think indian muslim share same culture as hindu indian? If they do then you should not mind if your son converted into islam. If indian muslim cannot share same culture as hindu then can they have union? If not then it validate two nation theory :)

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

I agree with that part like IVC belongs to both Pakistan and India but if you ask some Pakistani members like Rafi they will say it only belongs to Pakistan. :)
I am talking about all those inventions which took place before coming of Islam in south asia :)

Guys you can also contribute to this thread you know :help:

Let us remember there no concept of Pakistan or Bangladesh during the Ancient times it was one big land mass divided into many kingdoms but under Ashoka it was a big empire.

thanks for that Yeti. I am sure we can probably give you a few temples from Pakistan in return. Am pretty sure we have some lol

no we would rather give that to the Indian Muslims who trusted us and stayed with us.I know many Lucknowi elite who got huge positions in Pak but rejected that and stayed true to their roots in Aawadh,so they deserve it the most,if at all.

But i personally feel the Taj is over hyped,for me the Jama Masjid is the best.

Indo-Islamic culture is the part of Indian culture and disowning it will be disowning our 160 Millions Muslims brother.Criticizing Ghaznavi and Aurangzeb is not bad but if someone did contribute he deserve respect like Amir Khusroo, Tansen, Akbar, Shah Jehan etc. Those who went to Pakistan still made to feel that they are not "son of the Soil", so when the case of Son of the soil comes, then is really not the Culture of Punjabis or Sindhis.

You know i always wonder why German, Italian, Greek, French, Turks, Portuguese , Arabic, Spanish, English etc ruled differer parts of world but Indians never ruled anyone but got ruled/occupied by others for centuries . why? You may consider it betterment of a civlization but for many its cowardice and weakness to let others rule you for such a long periods.

hmm. i understand great pakistani logic. that old 1 pakistani = 10 hindustani, etc etc.

the point is, there is no bravery in invading others.
as far as expansion is concerned, ashoka had his kingdom across present afganistan.

the point is indian subcontinent coz of indus and so many other rivers like ganga, godavare, krishna, basin has been prosperous and fulfilled.

indians never required to go out of india but arabs who only found head and sand in the deser region needed a place like india to live.being in india was like present 'american dream'. one of the most prosperous and fertile land around.

so if this logic is acceptable than u can exempt the bullshit abstract superiority complex logic of bravery and cowardice.

bravery isn't any x or y chromosome to be present in the sperm of any muslim or hindu. **** logic of urs. :no:

Do you think indian muslim share same culture as hindu indian? If he do then you should not mind if your son converted into islam. If indian muslim cannot share same culture as hindu then can they have union? If not then it validate two nation theory :)

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

I am talking about all those inventions who took place before coming of Islam in south asia :)

No,it is not so simple.

There is no one culture in India,6 people meet today and say **** it all,lets form this new thing.That would become a new cult and it is all about how many people are with you on it,Democracy and Multi Culturalism is perfect for India because it really teaches u the might and vanity of the number game.

so there are many many cultures amongst Indian muslims of different areas and same is the case with Hindus as well,so waging a war and dividing land over minor culture issues is bullshit for me.

If a billion people feel,they can co exist happily,then so be it.

actually on a cultural basis the whole of south india and north east should have been partitoned and the whole of northern subcontinent should be one country.

anyway it is all timepass of the rich and wealthy,the aam aadmi just adjusts to the political reality and strives to make his living in peace.

Let us remember there no concept of Pakistan or Bangladesh during the Ancient times it was one big land mass divided into many kingdoms but under Ashoka it was a big empire.

Thats what i said so everything before partition belong to all of us not just indians :D

Indo-Islamic culture is the part of Indian culture and disowning it will be disowning our 160 Millions Muslims brother.Criticizing Ghaznavi and Aurangzeb is not bad but if someone did contribute he deserve respect like Amir Khusroo, Tansen, Akbar, Shah Jehan etc. Those who went to Pakistan still made to feel that they are not "son of the Soil", so when the case of Son of the soil comes, then is really not the Culture of Punjabis or Sindhis.

in a world of youtube,cultural barriers are none.

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

i wouldn't want my progenies to convert to any organized religion because it contradicts the whole purpose of what their ancestors sacrificed and fought for,it would be meaningless.If they cant respect the fact,they dont deserve their surnames.

Thats what i said so everything before partition belong to all of us not just indians :D

Want me to change the title of the thread? :)

How about making some contributions first? if it belongs to all of us :azn:

Andrew Symonds ll always be a proud Aborigine and always have the legacy to the Boomerang regardless of Allan Border/Shane Warne/Steve Waugh.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

But isn't that the whole contradiction?

Islam doesn;t let u have castes/tribes and the whole reason people converted was due to their disbelief in paganist systems but now u want to be proud of the achievements of the same eco system?dont u think u cant feel two different things about the same thing.

all these things are a result of the paganist beliefs/cultures and from what we know,most of them got slaughtered/moved south.

hmm. i understand great pakistani logic. that old 1 pakistani = 10 hindustani, etc etc.
:

Let me correct it. I seen this equation many times on Indian defence forums

Its 1 Muslim = 10 hinuds and trust me i heard about this equation from Indians. I don't know how i missed this important equation when i was in Pakistan :P

Dude i never meant to insult you or anyone by asking this question. Its common to ask this question when you consider the population of indians which were much greater than French, Portuguese or English etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom