What's new

Indian intelligence involvement in Bangladesh land mass from 1947-today

Well, our prime minister recently said that Khaleda is a Pakistani dalal :lol:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/242449-go-islamic-republic-pakistan-hasina-khaleda.html#post4085732

On a serious note, you said India only 'suspects' BNP/Jamaat supported ULFA and Muslim extremist elements in India. That doesn't prove anything.

The fact is anyone can go in and out freely in Bangladesh. It's internal security is not that great despite its relatively large army.

We rooted out ULFA elements in Bangladesh, what benefit we got from India? They were no threat to us in the first place.

Indian media and the so-called 'defense-analysts' like Bharat Rashak say all kinds of things about Bangladesh. Mostly fictional things.

The AL isn't doing that great at the moment. One scam after another. And the Indian president's recent visit while Bangladesh was burning did not bode well as far as PR goes.

We handle our nation's affairs and development on our own terms. And not that of India's. Let's get that one straight before saying we are being 'anti-India'.

What is wrong with being anti-India, when India is trying to make our country a vassal state of India meddling in our internal politics? Do you doubt what Bhashani said after 1971 that we are half independent?

Trying to justify a baseless allegation still and getting upset, when we are pointing it out for what it is. PDF posters personal life is no concern of yours. Please stick to the topic.

Nobody got upset. If the droolings that I was replying to were to be considered 'upsetting', I would have gone mad ages ago. No baseless allegations were made. I am entitled to interpret the reasons for which certain positions were taken, and that does not constitute an official statement, nor an explanatioin. There is no need for you to hyperventilate and to imagine that you are solely responsible for adjudicating Indo-Bangladesh relations. So what comments I make are my personal opinions. Take it or leave it. You don't have much choice other than that.

Certainly not until you and your posts mature beyond the point where your personal life comes under scrutiny.

Nobody got upset. If the droolings that I was replying to were to be considered 'upsetting', I would have gone mad ages ago. No baseless allegations were made. I am entitled to interpret the reasons for which certain positions were taken, and that does not constitute an official statement, nor an explanatioin. There is no need for you to hyperventilate and to imagine that you are solely responsible for adjudicating Indo-Bangladesh relations. So what comments I make are my personal opinions. Take it or leave it. You don't have much choice other than that.

Certainly not until you and your posts mature beyond the point where your personal life comes under scrutiny.

Dada's do not like what I say, so they attack the messenger.

Loki, if you say BD's airport security is not so great, then I've to respond with AL has drastically improved the sirport security as all kinds of indian terrorists are not freely flying in and out of BD and you will have to agree.

Good we agree on something.

Secondly, if EVER you use the defence of ''our land was used against you but we did not do it'', then the first thing you lose is not credibility on the forum, but you lose your sovereignty and gives the affected foreign power a valid moral justification to interfere. The ''they are not a terrorist group in BD'' simply does not fly.

If thats the stand BD ever takes, I'm all for using every single means available to us to fix the problem. Sovereignty is exercised, not just claimed when convenient.

Do you doubt what Bhashani said after 1971 that we are half independent?

In a word: No

I think you misunderstood my post.

Loki, if you say BD's airport security is not so great, then I've to respond with AL has drastically improved the sirport security as all kinds of indian terrorists are not freely flying in and out of BD and you will have to agree.

Good we agree on something.

Secondly, if EVER you use the defence of ''our land was used against you but we did not do it'', then the first thing you lose is not credibility on the forum, but you lose your sovereignty and gives the affected foreign power a valid moral justification to interfere. The ''they are not a terrorist group in BD'' simply does not fly.

Okay, now that you are satisfied with our handling of ULFA, stay away from our country's affairs

All ye have to do is cut the umbilical cord with BAL :enjoy:

In a word: No

I think you misunderstood my post.

Okay, now that you are satisfied with our handling of ULFA, stay away from our country's affairs

All ye have to do is cut the umbilical cord with BAL :enjoy:

OTOH India must maintain good relations with all BD parties. Thats not interference. You seem to make up meaning of words as per convenience.

As and when BNP comes to power, India must be in a position to pursuade them not to embark on their previous misadventures of fuelling insurgency in india. Thats also not interference as India is servicing security needs of India. You are forgetting, only through our good offices with AL were we able to get BD to get rid of their military interference in India.

Your demand seems to have originated in your internal politics, not our concern. Although I personally wish the internal politics in BD becomes atleast a little civilised. The current pathetic level of politics and religion fuelled irrational thinking makes it difficult for India to successfully engage BD to both countries' benefit.

OTOH India must maintain good relations with all BD parties. Thats not interference. You seem to make up meaning of words as per convenience.

As and when BNP comes to power, India must be in a position to pursuade them not to embark on their previous misadventures of fuelling insurgency in india. Thats also not interference as India is servicing security needs of India. You are forgetting, only through our good offices with AL were we able to get BD to get rid of their military interference in India.

Your demand seems to have originated in your internal politics, not our concern.

Read my post carefully. I was referring to Jamaat-Islami. I see you guys have a white hot rage against them for some reason.

Read my post carefully. I was referring to Jamaat-Islami. I see you guys have a white hot rage against them for some reason.

From our POV, the jamaat e islami BD has a white hot rage against india. A big issue in diplomacy is an opponent who is irrational (read religious in this case) as they can't be reasoned with or incentivised.

If India could 'do business' with JEI, our babus are mature enough to do it. Are JEI guys mature enough to do business with India??? I think its pretty clear which scenario is more plausible.

Oh dear. What have we stirred up? Let's take this one passage at a time. There is a limit to the amount I can process while rolling on the floor. In an agony of remorse, of course; would anyone dare to laugh?

I was referring to international travel as well. And as I implied, Dhaka's airport security isn't that great. Let alone tracking all fugitives, criminals and terrorists coming from other countries. And if India did indeed identify terror suspects travelling in Bangladesh, did they inform Bangladesh?

Again, let us take it as one person's 'point of view'. Frequently. Only to be told that the Bangladesh authorities were dreadfully sorry, but since the incident had occurred days ago, there was now nothing to be done.

As you will understand, it is not possible to be more vigilant of an independent neighbour's airports than the neighbour claims to be, himself.

The one thing was the ULFA destined arms haul found in Chittagong after an apparent tip-off from India. And that was way back in 2004 when BNP/Jamaat were in power.

And recall how that very administration handled the 'Bangla bhai' saga, a self-styled veteran of the Afghan-Soviet war.

Why do you find it difficult to admit that there was an event, and that it did reflect what is being claimed? Other posters from Bangladesh have been tying themselves into Turkshead knots asking for proof, evidence, and the like, as if any intelligence agency waits for documentary proof before coming to conclusions.

So where is this financial, material and logistical support from BNP/Jamaat to anti-India elements? Though, some folks may support them 'spiritually' if you know what I mean ;)

Yes, I know rather well what you mean. It is this 'wink-wink-nudge-nudge' cynicism and being too clever by half that irritates administrative circles in india. If you did not know, it would have been one thing. If you did know and felt that you had achieved something worthwhile by conniving at the slaughter of a few dozen harmless civilians of your neighbouring country, then it is remarkably immature and irresponsible. And that is what is typical of Bangladeshi opinion on PDF: remarkable immaturity and irresponsibility. Few are exempt. I would find it difficult to name one poster who displays any signs of balance or maturity. Counting International Moderators.

It matters as far as India's interests in Bangladesh are concerned. I can assure you that :lol:

If it was not ridiculous, it might even be sublime, to display such bland ignorance of what makes politicians tick. The Awami League does not need to be bought up in order not to make mischief. The BNP needs to be paid. Our mistake was that we did not pay, did not pay enough, and did not pay early.

So you see, when dealing with a banana republic, it hardly matters who is in power. The cheque goes to a different name.

Well, just because ULFA is a terrorist group in India, doesn't mean it applies in Bangladesh or any other country. There are ULFA agents even as far as Thailand. Or maybe even in other countries. Does that mean Thailand is supporting terrorists that are on India's list by that logic?

Try to hear yourself speak. I had the impression that you were from somewhere in the United States. Apparently I was wrong.

Quite apart from the speciousness of your argument that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, a typical apology that is now totally discredited, and is no longer in use even by terrorists, you need to consider the difference between a leader of terror, and a courier, a financial agent, or any other agent in deep cover who maintains a normal life on the surface.

Again, they are not a terrorist group in Bangladesh. And it costs money to perform those operations. I'm sure Hasina would like a Nobel!

They need not be. It is wildly irresponsible for the Bangladesh government to take that unctuous stand.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/239785-bangladesh-india-s-most-important-neighbour.html

So is Bangladesh addressing India's security concerns (with Bangladeshi money) technically linked to water-sharing contracts?

Man also takes a pi$$ on Pakistan and China at the same time :lol:

No doubt there is some profound truth concealed in this rigmarole. All I see is a lightweight trying to spin out his argument with little fact to deal with. All this rubbish has nothing to do with the topic, apart from verbiage.

I'm not a member of Bharat Rashak. But simply observed their articles.

Did I mention something about getting a life?

Isn't it obvious?
Not particularly. No.

There are things which you, like many are blind toward as to what is really happening in this country. And best not to talk about the details here.

Ah, I had begun to miss my old friend, the logic that goes, "I can win this argument easily by confronting you with the real facts, only I can't tell you the real facts, so you might as well accept that I've won the argument". Almost Aristotelian in its majesty.

Here's a hint: All pro-Pakistan political forces of 71' are being violently suppressed by the current government with little regard to the law and human rights, and with third party support.

And of-course, there are strategic, economics and business matters too!
http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/235318-dragon-gwadar.html
Indians ask for special economic zone | Business | bdnews24.com
India and Bangladesh: Embraceable you | The Economist

Among many others...

And here's another. Your country. Your mess. You solve it. Stop shitting on our doorstep.

By the way @Joe Shearer , whatever happened to the Shanti Bahini?

Yeah, what happened to them? wink-wink-nudge-nudge time?

@Joe Shearer : Are you mad at me for something ? :cray:

No, not at all. Where did you bob up? What's up, doc?

Dada's do not like what I say, so they attack the messenger.

LOL.

Chhoocho mere haat nongra? No chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
From our POV, the jamaat e islami BD has a white hot rage against india. A big issue in diplomacy is an opponent who is irrational (read religious in this case) as they can't be reasoned with or incentivised.

If India could 'do business' with JEI, our babus are mature enough to do it. Are JEI guys mature enough to do business with India??? I think its pretty clear which scenario is more plausible.

Oh, they are matured and rational alright.
The Jamaat-e-Islami — Bangladesh’s right-wing Islamist party — has said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is “welcome” to visit the country, despite his remark that 25% of Bangladeshis, including the Jamaat, were “very anti-India”. “Manmohan Singh is an honourable politician and economist. But his advisers are misleading him,” Abdul Razzak, the Jamaat’s deputy secretary-general, a barrister, told HT from Dhaka.
Manmohan Singh welcome in Dhaka, says*Jamaat leader - Hindustan Times

Why do you find it difficult to admit that there was an event, and that it did reflect what is being claimed? Other posters from Bangladesh have been tying themselves into Turkshead knots asking for proof, evidence, and the like, as if any intelligence agency waits for documentary proof before coming to conclusions.

That arms haul was captured during the BNP/Jamaat admin after a tip-off. Understand, this occurred on 2004. Again, how was it that they were unofficially supporting them in any way?

We aren't buying it anyway.

If it was not ridiculous, it might even be sublime, to display such bland ignorance of what makes politicians tick. The Awami League does not need to be bought up in order not to make mischief. The BNP needs to be paid. Our mistake was that we did not pay, did not pay enough, and did not pay early.

So you see, when dealing with a banana republic, it hardly matters who is in power. The cheque goes to a different name.

Pay? A banana republic? So that explains it.....:D

And here's another. Your country. Your mess. You solve it. Stop shitting on our doorstep.

Did you even bother to read them?

Yeah, what happened to them? wink-wink-nudge-nudge time?

What happened to them? We crushed them with our own hands. And apparently, they were supported by India:
Bangladeshi Insurgents Say India Is Supporting Them - NYTimes.com

So if India supported insurgent groups in Bangladesh, why couldn't we supposedly provide them shelter to contain India? Though, perhaps not the most prudent decision if you ask me :lol:

With India 'paying' them may not be the most optimal strategy either. Believe me, you are harming India's long term interests by doing so.

Reckless I must say. Very reckless.

Back
Top Bottom