What's new

Indian ingredient led to cough syrup deaths: Pakistan official

The proportion/ratio was mismatch, hence the casualties.....the drug itself is harmless in prescribed dosages.....however...

Dextromethorphan has powerful dissociative properties when administered in doses well above those considered therapeutic for cough suppression. Recreational use of DXM is sometimes referred to in slang form as robo-tripping

Owing to its recreational use and theft concerns, many retailers in the US have moved dextromethorphan-containing products behind the counter so that one must ask a pharmacist to receive them or be 18 years (19 in New Jersey, Nebraska, and Alabama, 21 in Mississippi) or older to purchase them. Some retailers also give out printed recommendations about the potential for abuse with the purchase of products containing dextromethorphan. At high doses, dextromethorphan is classified as a dissociative general anesthetic and hallucinogen

LOL . Cheap shot . Its an Ingredient . It would some semi educated Pakistani who would have used it in drug concoction in more quantity then recommended .

These type of drugs some time comes with already specified packing.

I mean it is already written on it that this amount of material will be added in bottle.

So it is very much possible that it is willingly done.

I was wondering why deaths due to medicines manufactured in Pakistan is not blamed on India. New Year Gift....ehhh.

Guys, its not the first case that Pakistan manufactured drug has taken Pakistanis' life.

"a claim described as "ridiculous" by the drug manufacturing association here."
Your own agency calls it ridiculous. At least believe them.

@Don Jaguar Finding conspiracy in everything can become a habit and it may lead to disastrous consequences. :D

@hunter_hunted Seems like you read less. First that wasn't acid, that was cleaner. Secondly, its not India's fault if your own drug company makes mistake.

Another thing, corruption is rampant in Pakistan, just like India. Isn't it more believable that drug company bribed that official to put the blame on Number One Excuse for any problem in Pakistan, India.

Of course, people will easily accept as we are "Evil Yindoos" focused to destroy Pakistan,.

Seriously guys, Occam's razor.....:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean it is already written on it that this amount of material will be added in bottle.
Next time test everything you import from India. Hope you will volunteer as test subject for your country. :D

Damn, how many bottles you might have to drink. :cheesy:

so u think,,we willingly added more amount of dextromethorphan to kill u guys.shame on u.
if u really think that this is the case,stop importing medicine from us.

If we stop supplying because of accusation, they will say India would let Pakistanis suffer than exporting medicines to us. :lol:

Pakistan should really think about this now.
Or may be introduce strict regulations and surprise checking of drug manufacturers. Its not the solo case. Pakistani people have died due to adulterated/fake medicines.

i read that there are few drugs supplied by chinese on the name on indian pharma companies ..so beware of it too

what we sent was not the cough syrup....but the ingredient, if any cough syrup has too much of it ask your damn pharma company which uses the ingredient for syrup....

and the reason you gave above shows that you just wanna troll here, ....why would any company give the ingrediant at a higher concentration? wont it affect their profit?

lol...here s a guy accusing India of killing Pakistani's with cough syrup......

Back
Top Bottom