What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

india had launched the tamil tigers into srilanka, the death of india PM rajiv ghandi was also result of the conflict between tamil tigers operating and indian PM, when rajiv rejected their demands after putting them into action ion srilanka

the demand was for a separate Tamil ezham which rajiv rejected.

Self Sustaining entity:

I think you know only little about LTTE Organization, It became self sufficient not because of India, but because of Srilankan military.

a) 70% Percent of LTTE Artillery was actually Srilankan Army Artillery which was left behind many battles like Operation Unceasing waves

b) 90% of the Small arms which LTTE had until 2000 was taken from Srilankan army depots

c) For Years Srilanka did not develop its Naval Power to counter LTTE shipping lines along the Indian Ocean, But LTTE had a very good Sea based smuggling networks, LTTE sourced most of its small arms from countries like Thailand, Myanmar etc

I and one of my friend Meena24 have repeated many times that " LTTE IS ONE OF THE MOST RUTHLESS TERROIST ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD THAT HAS KILLED MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE"

"ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TERRORIST ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD HAS ADAPTED LTTE TACTICS".

I am very happy that the civil war in the Island Nation has come to an End, Need of the Hour is re habitation of Tamil People.

To all my fellow Indian Friends:

a) We need to know we are suffering today because of our short sighted foreign policy which are based on tactical political objectives rather than long term interests of the country.

example: Teesta water treaty with Bangladesh,

In Pakistan politics is there but not in the issue of foreign policy or Defence Procurements,but in our country it exists.

b) Even if we take in this Srilankan Issue, only our students who have boycotted their classes are going to suffer not these politicians.

What can be done now is equal rights to the Tamil People.

when we support the same in FATA and Balochistan you also call us as Terroists,

by the way adding to your woes, Even your covert warfare, you were not able to achieve your motives, but we are successful in it and we were already successful in the art of covert warfare.

One of the most sensible and knowledgable posts i've seen from either side on the subject.. You seem to have indept knowledge of the current and past situation of the island.. Thank you it was quite refreshing in a environment of utter prejudiced and complete ignorance based on twisted one sided point of view from most Indian posters here who have no clue about the real history of thr conflict or the real situation of the country other than the dozens of propaganda emanating from TN and neo liberal paid western media, To hateful racist vile Tamil supremist propaganda from TN based ones to the one or two triumphalist chest thumping Sri Lankans croaking like frogs in a well.. Actually not realising how insignificant they are in a world stage.. Again thank you for that insight

As long as the favourable treatment does not lead to influencing the elections , no question of interference arises. I don't know where you are getting your ideas of interference from.If there is proof that India's ties with Awami party has led to any discrepancy in the electoral process in Bangladesh, your grievances would be very valid. But for that you have to show proof and considering that BNP has won elections in the past in Bangladesh shows that India hasn't done anything wrong.

Anyway, fact of the matter is that India relations with any party in Bang are not carved in stone. If BNP would show a little more sensitivity to India's concerns and vice versa , I am sure we can look forward to having great relations between BNP and India in the future.Not difficult , but considering BNP's attitude in the past , it seems a bit unlikely.

As usual, you are denying the obvious. Suit yourself. Because of India's faulty policy among India's neighbors India has created misery for all its neighbors. In the long run it will hurt your interest more, as you create a trust deficit and lack of good will. In short and medium term all of us neighbors of India will suffer, but we will see our salvation some day, just like Sri Lanka did and will do so further in the future.

As usual, you are denying the obvious. Suit yourself. Because of India's faulty policy among India's neighbors India has created misery for all its neighbors. In the long run it will hurt your interest more, as you create a trust deficit and lack of good will. In short and medium term all of us neighbors of India will suffer, but we will see our salvation some day, just like Sri Lanka did and will do so further in the future.

You did not address any of the points made in my posts. How is having better relations with a political party being construed as interference ? Anyway if you want to believe in what you want to believe , I can't help it. As you said , suit yourself.

Secondly , i don't think all of India's neighbours would agree with you , certainly not Bhutan and Myanmar at least.

Also , let me tell you something, just like you wish you had a better neighbour than India, India too wishes that India had better neighbours than most of the ones that we have currently. Little countries around us are constantly wary of us and that one huge nation is trying to bully us. We are all in the same boat i guess. Gotta manage somehow.

Hilarious! Sri Lanka should take India's advice, da faq!

SL cant dare do one thing against Indian National interests.. .we will capture and make SL an Indian state in next war and Sinhalese would be one of the Indian minorities..:omghaha:

will SL please allow to use its port for Pak or China or anyone to attack India in next war? Please fulfill this wish of mine so that IN has the perfect excuse to end the agony of Tamils and take over SL once and for all.:enjoy:

American women bashing us for our involvement in Balochistan blah blah, she was from CENTCOM, Even the US Joint chief of staff has also accused your nation support for terroism.

can you please what did you gain?

you prevented F-16IN from entering the race in India?

or

you were able to convince the americans to stop nuclear deal with India?

what did you gain?

You gained only one that is drone attacks from Americans nothing more than that

hahaha the other day i was watching a prog on your tv. they were discussing US defence sec Chuck Hegal's st that india is involved in terrorism in balochistan.
plus dont go far, your own interior and foreign minister are admiting that what they call hindu terrorism is in india which is killing non hindus ...
We dont even look towards america, majority of Paks dont like america. we have have friend like china.. that can make gawadar to circle you .. and to **** you off.

just like youre blaming us for mumbai attacks, we also blame you for marriot hotal attack in isb. attack on unarmed civilians in mosques and shopping centers across Pakistan on daily basis. you wont know that, but we do.

Marriot hotel blast was did by Indians... Wow.. Did Pakistan provided Provided proofs? Did Pakistan showed the proofs to any other countries? Did any international countries blamed India for that? You can blame your enemy for ALL your ills... As though the so called freedom fighters are NOT capable of such an attack and they will NOT attack Pakistan at all!

You can bury your head and believe that India is the cause of ALL Pakistani problem... No issue, You situation will never improve!

we have lost 40,000 civilians in last 6 years Colonel. i am more pissed off than you are, i am more angry then you.and dont lie by saying that you have stopped it. you are supporting bunch of so called sepratists in balochistan.

It is ALL because of your mistakes.... NOT India's mistakes... 40K civilian death... That is laughable! Do you have any links for that? If we are supporting separatists... where is the proof? Did Pakistani premier gave that to Indian PM on any occasion? NO Never!

you called indian role in east pakistan as Cowardness . well thank you.

I never told that.... India did send its army into EP... and won the war head on... It handled 90K POW pretty nicely and did NO harm to them and they were released in good condition! Pretty professional if you ask any other army considered!

we are 5 times smaller than you in population, size and all. so dont be more coward by killing my nation in covert attacks. and yes you are also welcome to do another attack in Lahore-Sialkot. but stop killing my family members. or then a liberal like me will also carry a gun and kill your civilians like you are doing, or like that kasab did...

As said earlier... You can keep your head buried in the sand and claim that India is the sole reason for Pakistani ills and continue to support terrorism... you will NOT change and introspect yourself, rather blame us!

Terrorism is a double edged sword... It had hurt Pakistan many times... still they will NOT learn!

No you didn't you just babbled about some India related stuff like 1993 riots and babri musjid.

I ask you again.......... Just because some Muslims support jihadists in India does that mean Indian state do not treat Muslims well?

I am telling again that I answered your question.... If you do NOT have expertise in correlate and understand... It is NOT my problem!

Like wise just because some Tamils supported LTTE do not mean Tamils living in SL are under treated.

It takes so much to invent suicide bombing and train their children to become soldiers! They are NOT fools to carry out deadly attacks... neither they are that aggressive. I will come to conclusion that you will never accept that SL did the mistakes which forced the Tamils to take up the arms.... You are free to have your thoughts! I hope the SL politicians do NOT have a mindset as yours.

If Tamils were the mettle why didn't they perform well after 1948? Can they only perform well during British era?

No Singalese politicians denied them ALL opportunities and that is the reason which forced them to take up arms.... Nothing else.. It is only the Chinese advance MBRL and other weapons defeated the LTTE... Nothing else.

So mister do not pull BS here. You seems to ignore the fact and trying to cling to the myth.

Myth... Ha ha ha... So do you have any theories as why Tamils held high positions in British? Does that mean the British hated the Singalese? Use your brain to think!

Let's get to the point. Tell me in your opinion how should have Sinhalese treated Tamils so they could fell they are treated equally?

They should be provided government jobs without any Singlala only stuff.... There should NO discrimination, Tamils should be employed in Police and Army and proper power sharing should be in place. No laws that discriminates and marginalize Tamils should be passed. Singala should NOT forced on Tamils without their will.

You do not seem to grasp the idea about what I'm talking... so forget it.

:-) It is NOT that you don't understand.. but it is your ego which prevents to accept it.. Instead of telling 'I don't accept that type of society' you simply say that I don't under stand.

War happens with opposing non-minged groups, In 1960's it is Capitalists Vs Communists... Now it is West Vs the non mingled Islamic nations. Like wise... Tamils Vs Singala's in SL... If the groups mingled well then there will be NO war.... Don't sweat, Your ego will prevent in going ahead!

That figure when BBC omit more than 2500+ years of Sri Lankan history in their time line.

:-) You asked proof, Provided from a very valid sorce... Still you will reject... Seems there are some SL who wish to repeat the same mistakes again... I pray that your group should be smaller.

Should have rather blamed 1971 govt. for helping Pakistan even when they said they will be neutral to both sides.

SL cant dare do one thing against Indian National interests.. .we will capture and make SL an Indian state in next war and Sinhalese would be one of the Indian minorities..:omghaha:

will SL please allow to use its port for Pak or China or anyone to attack India in next war? Please fulfill this wish of mine so that IN has the perfect excuse to end the agony of Tamils and take over SL once and for all.:enjoy:

Really feel sad about some Indian members on PDF.

dude, first of all try to reduce Indian poverty level, provide toilet facilities to your people and teach them good disciplines..otherwise after capturing Sri Lanka all the Indian tags "dirty, dusty, extreme poverty, sh*T on roads openly..etc etc" will go over to us . iNcreDible superrr pawarr India yaarr lol

I will come to conclusion that you will never accept that SL did the mistakes which forced the Tamils to take up the arms.... You are free to have your thoughts! I hope the SL politicians do NOT have a mindset as yours.

It is you who do not accept that Tamils started all this. You only blame Sinhalese. What Sinhalese really did was to accelerate the decaying of the society.

No Singalese politicians denied them ALL opportunities and that is the reason which forced them to take up arms.... Nothing else..

Give a source to back your claims.

Myth... Ha ha ha... So do you have any theories as why Tamils held high positions in British? Does that mean the British hated the Sinhalese? Use your brain to think!

It is natural to Brits to discriminate the majority for the ease of their governs. This happened in India too. Are you denying that now?

They should be provided government jobs without any Singlala only stuff.... There should NO discrimination, Tamils should be employed in Police and Army and proper power sharing should be in place. No laws that discriminates and marginalize Tamils should be passed. Singala should NOT forced on Tamils without their will.

Was is it taking up arms the only alternative? Tamils never wanted constructive dialog with Sinhalese. If they had a constructive dialog they should have got most of the things they wanted. Also FYI there were healthy number of Police and Army officers of Tamil ethnicity. The number decline due to the war.

Was is it taking up arms the only alternative? Tamils never wanted constructive dialog with Sinhalese. If they had a constructive dialog they should have got most of the things they wanted. Also FYI there were healthy number of Police and Army officers of Tamil ethnicity. The number decline due to the war.

I agree with you in this point, 2002 Norway Brokered Cease fire was a wonderful Initiative to solve the miseries of Tamil People in the Island Nation, But it was shattered due to LTTE because of its repeated violation of cease fire, Srilanka even exercised restraint even when one of its minister was assassinated, this was the first major blunder which LTTE committed

b) LTTE closed Mavilaaru Dam- A dam in eastern part of srilanka which was a life line of 2 lakh farmers living in Srilanka, First Srilanka made an appeal through international community, Failing to do so they started military operations.

LTTE went to ealam war because it thought it will win, but unfortunately prabhakaran over estimated LTTE fighting capabilities under estimates Lanka's war fighting abilities.

But events leading to the start of civil war leads to Sinhalese, I think it started in 1983 after black July,

The issue would have come to an end if 1987 Rajiv - Jayawardene accord was implemented or If the LTTE had compiled to Norway Brokered Cease fire in 2002.

Besides all these things LTTE also committed many battle field and strategic blunders from which it never came again, Discussing those topics here would be off topic.

But events leading to the start of civil war leads to Sinhalese, I think it started in 1983 after black July,

Although most of your points are true but this one is not. There were minor battles raging all around Jaffna prior to 1983 black July riots. Actually it was a revenge mission on army for killing his best friend in military search patrol days before which Prabhakaran went on that fateful date killing 12th soldiers and one officer in Gurunagar.

The black July actually accelerated the process and gave the LTTE a heroic and genuine quality among general Tamil public. Before black July LTTE was just a criminal gang.

For every action there is equal and opposite reaction! Newtons third law of motion is applicable in all walks of life... You mean to say that SL did NOTHING to Tamils for they took arms to avoid boredom?

Between IPKF was in a raping spree in SL and that is the main reason for the LTTE to kill Rajiv Gandhi!

Sending your Army and promoting terrorism was India's mistake... Either India should have done an Bangladesh in SL or should have supported SL government and exerted diplomatic pressure to make them treat the minorities in the correct sense!

Also the SL naval guard did NOT try to kill Rajiv Gandhi... but tried to hit him!

My dear Friend,

your flag states that you are now in U.S.A People like you enjoy every type of comfort there, but ignoring ground realities.

India took steps to protect Tamil community unfortunately it was lost only by the arrogance exhibited by LTTE.

Prabhakaran was selfish he wants to project himself as a leader of Tamil community in Srilanka,

you talk about discrimination, Even in LTTE there was discrimination between Tamils living in the Northern Part and Tamils in the eastern Part. That is the reason karuna came out of LTTE.

karuna has stated that despite being favorable to the Tamils Prabhakaran rejected the 2002 cease fire accord, you people try to project him as if he was a freedom fighter but unfortunately he remained as a terrorist and he died as a terrorist

India should stay out of the internal affairs of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka is not a province of India nor an extension of India, it is a sovereign country. Continued Indian interference in Sri Lanka will only embroil the region more and will cause other regional powers to intervene against Indian adventurism.

First Pakistan should stay out of Afghanistan, under the title of brother hood nation.

Pakistan should have intervened in 1987 when IPKF was in Srilanka?

Back
Top Bottom