What's new

Indian Govt Pumps $75-mil For In-House Howitzer Line

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
bofors.bmp

The Indian government has made the following statement in Parliament today:

The government had secured the right of transfer of technology during the purchase of Bofors guns. Though all the technological documents as per the ToT contract were received by OFB from M/s AB Bofors, the Transfer of Technology was not carried forward as the dealings with the technology provider, (M/s AB Bofors) were suspended. Further, no indent was placed by Army on OFB for manufacture and supply of complete gun system. Capital expenditure of Rs.376.55 crore has been sanctioned by the Government in March, 2012 for creation/augmentation of Large Calibre Weapon manufacturing capacity in Ordnance Factories.

Livefist

Build atleast, 200 permonth so that our army gets it's weapons on schedule...
And they r proved guns in 1999, so if a little upgradation is done than it's not bad..

200 a month? If it is 200 a year I will be surprised. OFB is not known for timely deliveries.

I dont know why the heck did army only ordered 100 of these Howitzers

When they have been complaining about lack of Howitzers and they seem to be happy with Bofors

Currently we only have 300 Bofors and 180 M46 , 155 mm Howitzers operational and another 114 Bofors in storage
Though we do have some 550 Guns of 130/139 mm , and another 2000 guns of 120/125 mm

But still Army should have ordered atleast 400 of these guns
instead of ordering just the 100 New guns , and upgrading the 414 Bofors

I dont know why the heck did army only ordered 100 of these Howitzers

Most obvious answer, they want to procure foreign stuff, see Arjun & T90 procurements.

Back
Top Bottom